Author Topic: Looking for help: Artists  (Read 369 times)

TheAuthor

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Looking for help: Artists
« on: April 01, 2014, 01:51:03 pm »
Hey all,

For my story (The Ascension) in the single-author section, I'd like to find somebody (anybody!) that is interested in helping me. Basically I'm looking for somebody who is proficient with photoshop and can draw some maps or perhaps even concept art of the settings I'm creating, in order to visualize the story.

Important: The visualizations don't have to be amazing, but they do have to follow the descriptions I write. You can add details if you believe they would make the image more realistic.

If the story peaks you interest and you're willing to help, send me a pm.

(And if anybody wants to blow my mind, show me your rendition of the floating trading town of Nunthal.(read the story for the description) If I like it I'll onboard you right away.)

PS: Perhaps, if the gods favor us, your work could then be used in other places, but that copyright mumble-jumble is for another day)

PPS: I've also signed up for the PS settings team, as a prospect. :)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 02:52:44 pm by TheAuthor »

TheAuthor

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for help: Artists
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2014, 04:35:57 pm »
Nobody? Then I'll search around on Deviantart and Fiverr.com! (yes, I'm willing to spend money!)

Jilata

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 12:55:40 am »
I am utterly useless when it comes to digital art so I can't help you there. But if you are also fine with some pencil sketch, I could see if I get anything useful. I'm not up to date with reading your story, but maybe I'll give it a try anyway if you don't mind ;)

TheAuthor

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2014, 02:03:48 am »
Wonderfull! I love sketches! Just try your hand at anything and much gratitude will flow your way ;)

novacadian

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2014, 12:13:11 am »
If your interested to publish your work under the creative commons license then you could get paid in Devcoins for the publication in http://www.devtome.com/doku.php . You could then use those crypto coins to pay a graphic artist to do your art work. You can post your bounty to have the artwork done on http://coinzen.org/index.php/topic,150.0.html . More on Devtome itself can be found via http://coinzen.org/index.php/board,90.0.html .

TheAuthor

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2014, 02:41:01 am »
Problem is that I lose the rights to anything I post on here. That's why I don't intend to continue with the RP-thread. But I can start anew on that site, looks pretty epic!

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2014, 04:21:53 am »
Problem is that I lose the rights to anything I post on here.

What do you mean?

Material to be considered for in-game use requires to be published under Atomic Blue license. But the copyright on art presented in the forum is not challenged. Just previously published art may not become material for in-game use.

I know, legal terms are a confusing topic. I hardly understand them either. The more they are discussed, the less I am certain about.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

TheAuthor

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2014, 07:00:11 am »
A Work is submitted to Atomic Blue when at least one of the authors of the Work provides the Work, or a copy of the Work, in any medium (physical, electronic or otherwise tangible form), to any Member for use in connection with PlaneShift, or directly or indirectly makes such Work available on a website or repository owned, administered or managed by Atomic Blue.

Hydlaaplaza.com is not administered/managed by Atomic Blue?

Jilata

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2014, 12:46:49 am »
Hydlaaplaza.com is not administered/managed by Atomic Blue?

Not as far as I know. I still own the rights of my stories and pictures I posted here.

Cairn

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Older than a few mountains.
    • View Profile
    • Creative Minds Forum
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2014, 03:37:44 pm »
I'll draw you some Johnny the Tuber pics for a buck.
I regret to announce that this is the end.

I bid you all a very fond farewell