Author Topic: About religions  (Read 297 times)

Dilihin

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • you can always find me on IRC: JeHugawa @freenode
    • View Profile
About religions
« on: December 20, 2016, 06:35:58 pm »
So i have been recently wondering about religions in PS, and The black flame thread made me wonder even more because i haven't roleplayed religion much:

Is there currently anyone playing religional characters, guilds etc.?

How to play Religion in RP?

Also i would like to hear general opinions about religion in PS, etc...

Sirial

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Re: About religions
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2016, 06:45:39 pm »
You should read all the lore about religions available, personally i can't tell much about the gods but Xiosia.

Religions in PS imo have a great RP potential but are sometimes misrepresented or underrepresented.
The religions should be able to make more people meet but this with the current player base is difficult.

How to RP a follower? Depending on how much your char is religious you can make him follow every rule or only some.
Aniroho Aimirrel (Researcher in Knowledge Seekers)
Terelen Honoro (Captain of the Iron Claw)

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2016, 07:25:39 pm »
I Agree with the above. Try to find whatever info you can find in books, quests and the settings info and history on planeshift.it , then fill in the blanks with your own ideas.

Real world and fictional religious figures, cult leaders and rulers are good sources of inspiration for story ideas.

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2016, 07:29:01 am »
Religion in PlaneShift is a reflection (as in, mirror reflection) of how religion works IRL. That's why you'll find a nutjob or two, and the rest will claim to follow Talad, Laanx, Xiosia, Dakkru... They're represented as much as certain expressions, rituals asking for protection, sporadic offerings, etc. Here are a few example I've seen in game, myself:

- By Talad, by Talad's/Laanx's beard, I swear to the Gods, Dakkru take you!, what in Dakkru's realm?, Xiosia's blessings...
- Before dueling, or a tournament, if it's not sparring but a honor duel, fighters will ask for strength to Talad, and for a good, honourable death to Dakkru.
- Different marriage ceremonies are made in the name of any one God, although most are blessed by Xiosia.
- There used to be many offerings at the Temple of Talad in Gugrontid. I myself have made some recently. These are meant to be taken, by either people in need, or the temple caretakers.
- Lovers will sometimes gather secretely in the Sacred Garden in East Hydlaa to get Xiosia's Blessing for their love.

There's a long etcetera. I wouldn't say religion is underrepresented, only unnoticed.

"It's all fun and games until someone stabs someone else in the eye."

Volki

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2016, 11:33:27 pm »
Laanx's beard

Wow, willfully forgetting that Laanx is our beautiful pale femboy? Unforgivable.

Lace dark dreadfull power inside him awakens now fully resultin his former self comin back lord of dark noble house shantae of mevango family lacertus shadowone mevango also knowed as darkblade of shadows

Aeghiss

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Hopefully my English grammar is flawless.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2016, 05:10:22 pm »
Yet Griffith's face can be seen. :P
Aeghiss Rubinhertz, Ynnwn student at the University of Yliakum.
Melodria Palir, Enkidukai would-be Graalahkam-maarhe.