Author Topic: Get out there and RP more!  (Read 7180 times)

jaculapundactum

Re: Get out there and RP more!
« Reply #60 on: May 05, 2010, 06:29:56 am »
And Sarras, not true. My character has been caught and beat up a few times, Jacula is a bit stronger. If you want to catch him I suggest you form a lunch mob. I'm sure he would enjoy the surprise rp, though I can't speak for him.

I agree that Jacula should have been caught by the guards by now, some seem aware of his crimes, yet I doubt the Octarchy itself is. A surprise lynch mob would be good, maybe even wanted posters to get the Octarchy and guards involved? I'm at the point where my character has grown so out of control that he is getting extremely hard to play. I welcome any attempt on his person, preferably a random one without giving me too much of a heads up OOC'ly.  :thumbup:

Yeah, Kaerli can turn Rigwyn into lunchmeat. ;) As for Jacula?  He got way lucky the last time he got into a scrape with Kaerli, that and Atagal's given him a few good scares too.  I think all the other baddies (with the sole exception of Kull) kind of go downhill in strength from Rigwyn... :P (I usually advise any baddies that I'm RPing with to not mess with Kaerli unless they want to wind up dead ;)

From our characters encounters Jacula has taken a lot of punishment. He tends to take a lot of punishment when in a fight. Then again Kaerli has been the one ending up dead three times, with that kind of luck he should play the Hydlaa draw more often  :D
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 09:08:14 am by jaculapundactum »

kaerli2

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 05, 2010, 08:41:45 am »
And Sarras, not true. My character has been caught and beat up a few times, Jacula is a bit stronger. If you want to catch him I suggest you form a lunch mob. I'm sure he would enjoy the surprise rp, though I can't speak for him.

I agree that Jacula should have been caught by the guards by now, some seem aware of his crimes, yet I doubt the Octarchy itself is. A surprise lynch mob would be good, maybe even wanted posters to get the Octarchy and guards involved? I'm at the point where my character has grown so out of control that he is getting extremely hard to play. I welcome any attempt on his person, preferably a random one without giving me too much of a heads up OOC'ly.  :thumbup:

Yeah, Kaerli can turn Rigwyn into lunchmeat. ;) As for Jacula?  He got way lucky the last time he got into a scrape with Kaerli, that and Atagal's given him a few good scares too.  I think all the other baddies (with the sole exception of Kull) kind of go downhill in strength from Rigwyn... :P (I usually advise any baddies that I'm RPing with to not mess with Kaerli unless they want to wind up dead ;)

From our characters encounters Jacula has taken a lot of punishment, that goes for many of those he have fought. Then again Kaerli has been the one ending up dead three times, with that kind of luck he should play the Hydlaa draw more often  :D
Correction: two times, Jacula hasn't gotten his revenge for that arrow yet :P  And can you PLEASE get my character's gender straight for once? lol

jaculapundactum

« Reply #62 on: May 05, 2010, 09:06:45 am »

From our characters encounters Jacula has taken a lot of punishment, that goes for many of those he have fought. Then again Kaerli has been the one ending up dead three times, with that kind of luck he should play the Hydlaa draw more often  :D

Lacking English on my part. What I meant to say: From our characters encounters Jacula has taken a lot of punishment. He tends to take a lot of punishment when in a fight. :)

Lhaa

« Reply #63 on: May 05, 2010, 11:43:30 am »
I'm glad it pissed you off. And I'm not cool, kiddo.

@Illysia:

I was talking to her. Now stay on topic.

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 05, 2010, 11:50:57 am »
Now stay on topic.

Thank you Lhaa. People, please... don't derail the topic any further. It's meant to be positive, not a complaint thread or a flame war. We've had all those treads in the past. PLEASE, positive, encouraging RP related posts.  :thumbup:

verden

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 05, 2010, 03:12:37 pm »
Considering that the topic is, "Get out there and RP more!", then there really isn't much to say. Other than that, translated, it becomes "Get off the forums and get in game and RP more!" There really isn't much to discuss, so the thread degenerates. Usually that is a sign that the discussion is over and the thread has outlived its usefulness.

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 05, 2010, 04:53:20 pm »
Technically the discussion never got a chance to start... however, there is still room for posting about recent interesting RPs you've been in.

Last night I was in Kada's as Telnavi and an in character GM stopped by to ask us, Tel, Dannae, and Luellia, to play a dice game with him. all the girls were a bit skeptical but they stuck around. We started playing a simple game of guessing whether the next dice roll would be higher or lower. After a round of that game, Tel got a gleam in her eye and suggested playing a new game.

After a bit of thought he accepted and the first round began. Things picked up as everyone started laughing and poking fun at each other while playing the game. Towards the end, the game got close. Who would win, who would be out? In an interesting turn, Luellia won the game.

Until the game shuts down and nobody is RPing or everybody is always out there RPing, there is still room for this thread.  ;)

Sarras Volcae

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 06, 2010, 01:02:50 am »
every time i log in i roleplay. it's the interesting roleplaying i have trouble finding.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 06, 2010, 01:10:27 am »
I don't need to cry about a great lack of chances to join a roleplay:

- Lolitra is back from hospital again, so I expect that the wedding will be prepared; but wasn't there a question in the forums if there are still chances for a concurring courting offer?
- The Knowledge Seekers seriously plan recruiting and starting a new semester of courses. And there must be someone able to distract even Roled from the science...
- Apis Bullnek, founding elder of the Way of the Hammer, returned; and there are also more dwarven ladies again to get to know...
- The Explorers are still an active OSfP member; after the last "Safari" there is now a "Botany fair" planned, matching the now available harvesting. Got Solita's herbal guide already?
__

@ Sarras:

The interesting roleplay is hiding from your fuzziness... ;)

(I must confess that I can't handle some types of roleplayers well, e.g. those who don't want to be helped, and those who seem not to care much about the plot.)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 02:33:43 am by LigH »

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Akkaido Kivikar

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 06, 2010, 02:22:59 am »
And I'm ingame a fair bit too, most nights New Zealand Time. Each evening I have had a small roleplay with one character or another, and I have also yet to see OOC distraction (note I have gossip turned off) :)

Roled

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 06, 2010, 03:38:00 am »
{I turned off the gossip channel one hour after the upgrade...}

Nice to see Sir Akkaido on patrol tonight in Oja...
and 'interesting' to see a drunken 'm' less Perlan and Durdyn at Kada Els and elsewhere... Can you get a DUI from riding a rivnak drunk?
and that sarcastic Nameless Tagalong fellow... about as pleasant as an ulber... made for an interesting trip to Oja, Friend, thankee!~
and that cranky fenki in the corner, who WAS that, anyway?

and NO ONE can distract Roled from his studies.... well, unless.... um er nevermind {/me turns redder than his warrior's knot}

[****There will be a DANCE and PARTY in Xiosia's Garden May 15th at 0200 GMT - calling all singers and poets and musicians and dancers and SoX and DoX and CoD's and all who wish to honor Xiosia in dance and revelry! ****

Followed by a welcome back party for Lady Illysia, with special invitation to the Royal House of Purrty of course! And Lady Elady and all others who have missed our graceful and generous manager of the Stonehead.

Now don't tell me ...there's nothing to do! {He sings in his best worst country western voice}

RR
"RR is a PieSexual" ~ Monala

Lolitra, Celorrim Purrty Twins

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • THE ROYAL HOUSE OF PURRTY
« Reply #71 on: May 07, 2010, 12:17:51 pm »
What temperance causes this perpending of the eristic?
Her Royal Highness Lolitra Hollinthy Purrty nods regally 'I am delighted to meet you' her tiara twinkles in the crystal light.
[had to remove my signature - as the image host lost it!!!!]

Rigwyn

« Reply #72 on: May 07, 2010, 12:47:52 pm »

Can you be more specific ? This is forum is the embodiment of petty arguments and idle chatter.
If you are referring to the urgent call for more role play, I'de say its a knee-jerk reaction
to the loss of players in the community. Don't worry, new players will fill in the empty spaces.

Orgonwukh

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 08, 2010, 09:03:24 am »
Don't be afraid to branch out and interact with new people.

Are there really new people? Or are they just the old roleplayer sediment (http://www.hydlaaplaza.com/smf/index.php?topic=35617.msg407969#msg407969)?
How big is the fluctuation? A guess?

Sarva

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 08, 2010, 10:21:37 am »
There are new people coming through the tutorial evert day so yes there are new people in the game.