Author Topic: Some observations  (Read 5535 times)

Jekkar

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: Some observations
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2010, 10:20:31 am »
As far as i know Planeshift has a medieval settings background. Please do not mix that up with what we have in real live atm.
I can imagine that it was a bit more rough in that days...

No what I meant to say was, you observed Planeshift.
"A new day will come when those who rudely interrupt are swept away!" -Lereal

troyyer

« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2010, 10:25:58 am »
As far as i know Planeshift has a medieval settings background. Please do not mix that up with what we have in real live atm.

No what I meant to say was, you observed Planeshift.

Seems so Jekkar.

My response was not directed at you.

Parallo

• Forum Addict
  • Ꞇíꞃ Luıᵹ̇ꝺeaċ
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2010, 10:28:35 am »
People didn't just say 'lol, poison away. We don't mind.' Poisoners were dispised and feared by the public from the middle ages right up through the Renaissance.
I suggest the statue of Laanx gets turned into a statue of Parallo <3. An NPC could never replace the huge hole he left in my heart when he died  :'(

Draklar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2010, 10:38:24 am »
1) More like Renaissance, actually.
2) In medieval times any abnormal behaviour was treated as a demonic possession and folks didn't actually accept possessed people back then (pissing on living things in a public place is, I believe, pretty abnormal). Accusations on perfectly normal people were also quite common as it was a good method of getting rid of someone you didn't tolerate. You should be happy this isn't a medieval setting.
3) This thread is awesome! Please, post more!
AKA Skald

Falcon Avian

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2010, 10:45:44 am »
Esorono told Elady what happened, so she had IG knowledge.

I have an ego so large it has it's own gravity. So in short, yes, everything does revolve around me.

troyyer

« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2010, 11:43:25 am »
... not all you would have to deal with, at least in my neighborhood anyway.

Sure, and a guy who murdered a pregnant woman would get a hefty fine and a guy who used poison to make girls love him would be put in jail for 3 days...
Is that your neighborhood?

In my first post i spoke about balancing.
I think the law or the rules or maybe unwritten habits should be applied and enforced in a balanced way.
As i see things, my guild got the hardest penalty, as we are banned maybe forever from the stone head tavern. The murderer and the poison user must be laughing at that...

When i look at the Octarchy decree 425 AY, i can not find anything that would indicate, that trying to pee at a kikirii is considered a crime.

But i found this:

Low Laws
XXIV.All potions, medicines and alchemical substances shall be properly represented and never sold under false pretenses. The creation of dangerous poisons or addictive intoxicants is forbidden.

High Laws
XXXIII.Murder is a high crime. One shall never move to put another to death. Too many become lost in the Realm of Death. Anyone caught manufacturing or distributing poisons which cause the permanent death shall be cast into the crystal. Anyone who shall murder another, be they infant or elderly, shall face justice determined by the Octarch   of the level on which the murder was committed.

Candy

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2010, 11:58:46 am »
We've always had people playing the bad guy and taking it far too lightly. ALWAYS, since the first day I started playing and most likely before that too. That's just bad RP.

Cybering is rampant because there seem to be a large percentage of players that think that's all there is to RP. It's always been there, and in any roleplay environment there will always be those that just want to play out the naughty stuff without any other sort of RP at all. Again, bad RP.

Honestly, though, as for what happened to Lady Peckerly, you never treat an animal like that regardless of whether or not it's in real life or just a game. It's sick, disturbed, and happened in a public channel - and the fact "other things worse than this happen" in-game is no excuse for that kind of behavior. If those other problems bother you so much, behave yourself and try to fix that crap, don't just keep sending PS RP on its evident downward spiral.
Role Play Preferences
[1: gossip] Glaciusor: There's now a guy in skimpy armor having war flashbacks about daemons. Have fun Hydlaa

troyyer

« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2010, 12:07:00 pm »
Candy,

please don't mix real life with a RP Game that has a medieval background.
And especially not with what a char does in game...
I used those other 'examples' to put things into perspective.
Clearly, the way things are punished is a bit out of balance...

Speaking of real life...
When i think about how chickens are held in those large 'factories', or pigs...i don't like that.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 12:15:42 pm by troyyer »

Candy

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2010, 12:13:42 pm »
You're missing the point entirely. I never mixed IC with OOC; I'm saying in either case, it's unacceptable to behave like that. If you talk about plucking a bird, breaking its neck, and throwing it against a wall, and then pee on it, even in a fictional context, people are gonna think you're sick and avoid you. What the hell did you expect, then, other than a ban from the Stone Head? Hell, I'm surprised you didn't get a ban from the game in general for that.
Role Play Preferences
[1: gossip] Glaciusor: There's now a guy in skimpy armor having war flashbacks about daemons. Have fun Hydlaa

Elady

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2010, 12:14:00 pm »
Troyyer you do realize that I am a regular player with no special ability to enforce the ban.  Best I can do is tell you to leave if you come into the Stonehead and if you don't leave my choices are refuse to serve you, not talk to you or try to see if I can get a GM guard to come remove you, if the guards feel I have a valid reason to ask you to leave. Give what was said above about GMs not bringing in a guard simply because a player asks them to I'm not putting much faith behind getting a guard to toss you out if you don't leave on your own.

The Ban is not an official game sanction, unlike being put in jail, it is a RP thing but I can assure you I have no interest in talking or seeing any MOM member given the situation.  I personally feel that disrespecting the Stonehead by messing it up, peeing in it and trying to pee on Lady P is disrespecting me since I run the place so as a player I can choose to avoid dealing with people I feel disrespect me personally and the Stonehead, and especially Lady Peckerly.

novacadian

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2010, 12:18:25 pm »
The specifics of this incident are unknown to me; however the character involved is.

My character, Venorel, had to go to the defence of Lady Peckerly on a lonely night in the Stone Head. It came very close to sending a challenge to Troyyer; as during that encounter he was threatening to kill and pluck our beloved Lady and have her for a late night snack. It was all IC and a lot of fun. Swords were drawn and things eventually calmed down.... or so Ven thought.

With such a continued theme (which made me chuckle by the way) my suggestion would be to go with it rather than try forcing the RP. My feeling is that any advertisement is good advertisement and being banned from Stone Head puts one heads above the regular tavern ruffians.

With such an open door in the Stonehead, my approach would be to petition GMs; not to right an IC wrong; but to aid me in the kidnapping of Lady Peckerly as a negotiation piece to have my Guild's banning overturned.  ;)

- Nova

[Edit - P.S. If no GMs' assistance is forthcoming a simple book left beside her explaining her disappearance should suffice. ]

[Another Edit - To do it right down't forget to update descriptions of the one holding our beloved Lady as well as another book explaining her description if set down somewhere. Oh and don't forget to lock the chicken coop!  ;D ]

« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 12:33:11 pm by novacadian »

troyyer

« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2010, 12:20:30 pm »
Hell, I'm surprised you didn't get a ban from the game in general for that.

lol
Are you serious here? What a joke.

troyyer

« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2010, 12:27:02 pm »
Troyyer you do realize that I am a regular player with no special ability to enforce the ban.  Best I can do is tell you to leave if you come into the Stonehead and if you don't leave my choices are refuse to serve you, not talk to you or try to see if I can get a GM guard to come remove you, if the guards feel I have a valid reason to ask you to leave. Give what was said above about GMs not bringing in a guard simply because a player asks them to I'm not putting much faith behind getting a guard to toss you out if you don't leave on your own.

The Ban is not an official game sanction, unlike being put in jail, it is a RP thing but I can assure you I have no interest in talking or seeing any MOM member given the situation.  I personally feel that disrespecting the Stonehead by messing it up, peeing in it and trying to pee on Lady P is disrespecting me since I run the place so as a player I can choose to avoid dealing with people I feel disrespect me personally and the Stonehead, and especially Lady Peckerly.

Elady,
it was never my intention to disrespect you in any way or form.
I think your work in the stone head tavern is very valuable.

Elady

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2010, 12:36:27 pm »
Noca - PLease not another Lady Peckerly kidnapping. Been there done that once already not that long ago. Cost me 30,000 trias

Troyyer - OOC I have no problems with you as a player you are just playing your character. Please realize I'm just playing my character and reacting as she should given the situation, including feeling disrespected. That is just the way Elady is. She will do what ever she can to help those she likes, love or have just met. Get her upset at you and she is going to be very slow to offer forgiveness.

lilura

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • report posts of yours that you want deleted
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2010, 12:41:02 pm »
Do not pie her and then try and lick it off her face  ;D

:-X

Monala arches a brow. "Wait, so eatin' is like..." she shakes her head. "Er, nevermind."
[1: gossip] Monala: Lilu's piesexual.