Author Topic: Black World of Yliakum in Version 0.5.9  (Read 703 times)

iriss

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Black World of Yliakum in Version 0.5.9
« on: April 24, 2012, 03:21:16 pm »
Since the new update, PS is barley playable. It is lagging almost everywhere. As I moved out of Hydlaa, taking ages to get through, I reached the forrest. Not much faster I was travelling there, then suddenly there was darkness around me! Not much of a good graphic one has to admit!

I did everything that was suggested for the ATI 1600X graphic card - and everything that I used to in earlier versions with not much luck it seems???

Any Ideas?

All the best!
Ith
Have loads of fun with Planeshift!

Ithwaynn

Phantomboy86

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Sarva used to own the deed to my soul.
    • View Profile
Re: Black World of Yliakum in Version 0.5.9
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 03:44:42 pm »
Have you considered that perhaps you are the lord of shadows?

Either than that, Grass seems to have caused no end of trouble for everybody. Try disabling it maybe?

iriss

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 03:54:10 pm »
Thanks for the reply, I have disabled everything however to be able to move a little. No shadows, no grass, no bloom, no sounds. The solution must be other than that.

Ithwaynn

Talad

• Administrator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 05:54:30 pm »
Try this one:

http://www.hydlaaplaza.com/smf/index.php?topic=40795.0

And let us know if it fixes the problem for you.

Jawir

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2012, 02:18:58 am »
From PSLauncher, disable the weather, when there is fog I experience something like you shown on your screenshot. For all the rest, in my MacBook, PS run really fine! (Textures, shaders and particles set to high)

iriss

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2012, 08:24:40 am »
Dear Talad,
I tried what was suggested. In adding "Video.OpenGL.UseExtension.GL_ARB_shader_objects = false" to the .cfg file the game crashes within the start-up screen. May you have any other suggestion?

@Jawir: I have disabled weather as mentioned before and I may upgrade my system from 2 GB Ram in the future. But in the meantime PS should also run on 2 GB?

Ithwaynn

Jawir

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2012, 10:07:00 am »
Dear Talad,
I tried what was suggested. In adding "Video.OpenGL.UseExtension.GL_ARB_shader_objects = false" to the .cfg file the game crashes within the start-up screen. May you have any other suggestion?

@Jawir: I have disabled weather as mentioned before and I may upgrade my system from 2 GB Ram in the future. But in the meantime PS should also run on 2 GB?

Yes, definately yes, I was playing it with 2GB of ram till the last week. With that amount of ram you can't expect great performances thought.

iriss

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2012, 03:53:35 am »
Hi,
I have turned shaders back to medium and now the black ground has disappeared. However lag is so bad that I barely move.  ???
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 04:17:22 am by iriss »

Ithwaynn

Jawir

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2012, 01:02:40 pm »
Hi,
I have turned shaders back to medium and now the black ground has disappeared. However lag is so bad that I barely move.  ???

Well, honestly PS in the last times was quite packed into 2GB of ram, before running it I was used to shut down all the unwanted process and after that, issue a purge command (from bash). In this way I was able to free some ram (clam, the anti virus, keep something like 100 MB, and firefox about 200 MB) and PS was running almost acceptable. Keep in mind in this way PS was able to occupy 1GB of ram, thus the just freed ram. When I upgraded my Mac with 8GB of ram, I seen PS can occupy 2GB of ram. For this reason I suggest you to upgrade to 4GB of ram, more is useless. In my case was just a matter of convenience.

iriss

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2012, 10:43:58 am »
Thanks Jawir,
I have upgraded my system to 4 GB Ram and there is no change at all. Just so you can imagine: it took me 65 minutes to get from the exit of the Hydlaa forrest to the entrance of Ojaveda. Half a step takes 5 seconds - this is unplayable.

I have no idea what else I can do?

Also, my shortcuts have disappeared and only half of the menu items are to be seen. Very strange indeed. Any idea how to get the shortcut bar back?
Hope to see you ingame sometime!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 12:07:17 pm by iriss »

Ithwaynn

Jawir

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2012, 12:41:46 pm »
I'm really sorry, but now I don't know what to say... I have no clue...the only thing that comes into my mind is that I have the Snow Leopard version...and you probably not...65 minutes are a crazy long time!! Just for reference, mine is a MacBook 6,1 (late 2010), so you can compare the technical specifications...

iriss

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2012, 12:51:50 pm »
I have uninstalled the whole version and done a clean install (without the repair). Tweaked my Launcher and added all the necessary lines to the .cfg and all of a sudden it runs smoothly. I also got the complete menu back by holding the uppercase key and right-clicking with the mouse on the small yellow triangle of the menu.
Well, I am at Oja now, scared to leave in case I start moving in the utmost slow motion again. Currently it still lags when turning. I guess until all has been loaded into the cache (at least I hope so).

8)

Edit: forget what I said ... black floor is back and lagging still!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 12:54:57 pm by iriss »

Ithwaynn

Jawir

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2012, 01:04:18 pm »
I have uninstalled the whole version and done a clean install (without the repair). Tweaked my Launcher and added all the necessary lines to the .cfg and all of a sudden it runs smoothly. I also got the complete menu back by holding the uppercase key and right-clicking with the mouse on the small yellow triangle of the menu.
Well, I am at Oja now, scared to leave in case I start moving in the utmost slow motion again. Currently it still lags when turning. I guess until all has been loaded into the cache (at least I hope so).

8)

Edit: forget what I said ... black floor is back and lagging still!

Nooo....I was really convinced the issue was solved... :'( :'( :'(
Just to know, are you experiencing issues with other softwares installed? And how could you be disposable to try an OSX reinstall?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 01:07:14 pm by Jawir »

Gen

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2012, 01:15:51 pm »
Have you tried deleteing cache, shadercache, planeshift.cfg and options.cfg form library/application support/planeshift?
(I had a similar problem, deleting all that solved mine. don't know which one does the trick)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 02:11:53 pm by Gen »

iriss

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2012, 01:22:21 pm »
Yes, I did a cupple of times already. Strangely I was able to walk normally for a very short time. Then all went back to getting stuck!  :(
The problem already starts when choosing the character. That means even before entering the world of Yliakum.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 07:12:58 am by iriss »

Ithwaynn