Author Topic: UMMM changing updater Mirrors?  (Read 1442 times)

Vardy

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
UMMM changing updater Mirrors?
« on: March 10, 2010, 12:07:32 am »
hey guys im new im downloading the game atm, thing is its taking its sweet time... im on the planeshift launcher and its using a mirror called testing.xordan...im getting 1kb-5kb per sec, i live in australia with the fastest interenet avaible there, i nomrally get 1.2mb per sec downloads.... ummm is there a way to change the mirror?

Earowo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Guild Site
Re: UMMM changing updater Mirrors?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 12:24:55 am »
cancle the slow download and use a mirror preferably closer to your country/continent, might help a lot
Dohmo: Please clean up your language immediately.
Me: as i just said, what i said, fits in the guidlines of rated PG, i was just explaining to the G guy
Dohmo: Sorry I tried to e nice
Dohmo: and i'm telling you to clean it up. last warning
Dohmo: now just do it
Dohmo: No more warnings

Abuse?

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
Re: UMMM changing updater Mirrors?
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 02:14:39 am »
@ Earowo:

He already finished downloading the installer and is already in pslaunch, updating. Here he won't be able to select a specific mirror.
__

@ Vardy:

In general, pslaunch should use a random mirror each time you start it. So if you see that you got a known slow mirror (xordan's is usually slow), it should help to cancel the update and start it again.

If that does not select a different mirror, you would have to edit %APPDATA%\PlaneShift\updaterinfo.xml and comment-out xordan's mirror, renumbering the rest.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty