Author Topic: Magic?  (Read 1534 times)

bendad123

• Traveller
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Magic?
« on: March 07, 2010, 09:42:07 am »
Hello,
I am NOT a newbie and have been playing for a while. I can RP and I can fight and I am in a guild. But, some things that I see or have heard about is kind of hard for me. First of all, I can't seem to use glyphs to research spells. Any tricks? It never works. Also, mining is kind of fun. I once got the hang of it with my other charactor, but my new favorite charactor, Eyickos, really hasn't tried it yet. I have forgot exactly how to get mining. (except that you need a rock pick)

I hope that someone can help me!
- Bendad
PS. This is entirely OOC

Dracaeon

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • KJ website
Re: Magic?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 09:48:47 am »
First of all, can you outline your problem with magic a bit more?  I can't really understand what you mean.  And, for mining, just make sure you have a rock pick in your right hand, then go to a place with ore, and use the command /dig [ore].  Simple as that.

bilbous

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2010, 10:29:57 am »
If your magic skills are at 0 you will need to buy training before you can discover any spells. The first spells that most people use are the ones that are based on the glyphs available for sale, one for each way, all in the magic shop. Other glyphs might have first realm spells associated with them but not all do and some that do require a combination or two or more glyphs. Second realm and higher spells only become available after your skill level advances.

It may be that your problem with mining is the same, I believe the only skills that can be used without any training are weapon skills. However to mine put the pick in your right hand and then type in the chat box: /dig material. So if you want to dig some iron: /dig iron, coal: /dig coal, etc. Of course to actually get anything you must be digging in the right spot, minerals occur in patches here and there specific to the mineral type and not just anywhere.

Tontow

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2010, 02:01:12 pm »
Find me in game, I will give you a magic lessen (assuming that I am online)
Tontow's MapMaker Tool 2.0 : http://hydlaaplaza.com/smf/index.php?topic=33954.0 - Make your own maps by walking around and useing the /pos Command!
Site: http://sites.google.com/site/tontowmerlin/

bendad123

• Traveller
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2010, 09:12:34 am »
Find me in game, I will give you a magic lessen (assuming that I am online)
Thank you! Your help would be helpful. I am online most evenings. Character is called Eyickos.