Author Topic: Some observations  (Read 5520 times)

troyyer

Some observations
« on: August 13, 2010, 07:53:26 am »
There was some interesting role play these last few days...

-A guy killing a pregnant woman. That woman loses the unborn child and marries the guy who killed her...
That guy walks around in Hydlaa as if nothing happened.

-Another guy puts poison in food to make women love him...Of course, this leads to the almost unavoidable cybering...
What a surprise, that guy is not punished

-So called 'Ladies of the night', or should I say hoes, are selling their service for in game money to customers. Again we have the cybering part...
And again, it is tolerated...

It is a bit surprising for me, to see that prostitution, murder and fabrication and use of poison seems to be more or less nothing in this planeshift world. Was anybody punished? Was there any legal action? As far as I know, some players are under 18. Is that taken into consideration?

Contrary to that I had my own role play...
I was in the Stone Head Tavern with a guild mate and said this:

“Troyyer tries to pee at lady peckerlyâ€

Which led to this:

“
A clearly angry Elady walks up to the message board and posts a note that reads.
Let it be known that all members of the Masters of Move guild are now banned from the Stonehead tavern for tossing their beer mugs at the walls and one of their members urinated on Lady Peckerly. Members of the Masters of Move will not be served at the Stonehead, are not welcome at any events held at the Stonehead and if found there will be told to leave. If they do not leave Malco will be called.
“
http://www.hydlaaplaza.com/smf/index.php?PHPSESSID=7fc2910b049026fc78cf9d406e697968&topic=31986.0

Actually I did not even do something, I only tried to do it. In my eyes that is a difference.

Additionally, how can a player ban other players from  certain areas of the game?
From an IC standpoit, I think it should be done by either the Octarchy or the Vigesimi. That means it should be done by GM's and/or devs.

In my eyes there is more balancing needed.

Sincerely
Troyyer Silvverman
Masters of Move

edit: I never threw a mug against any wall, especially not in the Stone Head Tavern!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 11:00:20 pm by troyyer »

Zytorr

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Re: Some observations
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 08:24:06 am »
Kra has following words from Qata:

Interesting to hear your side Troyyer, and you make an excellent point about carefully reading (re: "tries to") [**** see edit below***]. However, it is just because of your above mentioned issues that many have become very sensitive to smaller issues because of the existence of these major abuses and yes even hate mongering. There is no place for such in the real world let alone PS. And this is not referring to simple prostitution, a way of life for some, but rather something much more vile, a true display and promotion of hatred. Whether against a sex, a race, a belief, or a culture is not to be tolerated. I am also wondering why such issues clearly in violation of the PS rules have not been dealt with. Those relishing in the posts of their deeds are still around posting. And too, I am not referring to a murder or some Dakkru offering within the settings, but rather the mentality that this can just be done out of settings. (hope that thought is understandable). And too there is a great difference between sex (healthy) and rape (not to be tolerated). If one cannot figure out the difference they should refrain from it all.

A few #%&$%& can always ruin the fun for others. It is just too bad our world is like that. But yes that is why there is authority and banishment. It is also a terrible shame when reactions or over-reactions then lead too far the other way.

In any event, you and your guild has lost honor (also with the throwing of beer mugs against the walls) so it becomes a responsibility to regain that honor.

EDIT - Qata has just found out that indeed Lady Peckerly was dripping so doubts that statement as to what Trotter said about "tries to". This really needs to be resolved.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 09:27:49 am by Zytorr »

verden

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 08:43:31 am »
Let me get this straight: You are complaining because you tried to piss on another character and they got mad at you? In the tavern?

Sarva

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2010, 09:02:00 am »
Troyyer You seem to be missing some information.

To your first point about the murder that happened Hydlaa. The murder was taken into jail and was being held. The victim of the murder came to the jail and said she didn't want charges pressed. Due to the wishes of the victim the person who committed the murder was not jailed but he was given a hefty fine ( yes he actually had to pay the circles to the guard) for having weapons drawn and using them inside the city walls.

As to your second point - The one who as you said "poisoned" some food was given 3 RL days in jail for a kidnapping that he committed as part of the overall RP. If the players involved had brought a complaint about other criminal activities and had presented some evidence then he would have served more time in jail.

A general note about cybering - Since planeshift is a game that kids and young teens can play we generally don't accept cybering in the game.  Having said that we can't really police what happens in private chat channels and what two adults do is private, as long as they keep their activities secret ( ie out of all public channels including alliance and guild chats ) is up to them.  When GMs do come upon people who let a message with less than pg-13 content slip into a public channel we do issue a warning. If there is a pattern of someone letting such message slip into public channels, even if accidental, on multi occasions then a ban would probably be issued. This hasn't happened yet in my time as a GM but I have heard of it happening before.  Given that there seems to be a higher than normal level of Cybering going on right now the GM team is looking into cracking down on it. The GM team leader is suppose to be posting on this subject soon.

If you honestly think it is acceptable to urinate in a public place like a tavern then I think you have more pressing things to be concerned about. I'm pretty sure if you walk into your local bar and urinate in the main area where people eat and drink not only will you most likely be banned from the place you would probably have the local police talking to you.

Geoni

• Veteran
  • -
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2010, 09:02:39 am »
Nobody wants to clean stagnant piss off a mother kikiri. I had children characters who were smarter than that.  :lol:

-sig by sarras

troyyer

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2010, 09:12:41 am »
Well Sarva,

thank you for those informations. As a GM you know more than a player.

As far as the other thing is concerned, how do you know i did anything? Seriously? Maybe i tried something and i was not successful.
I'm not sure you can punish somebody for doing something that he did not do...

edit:
"
EDIT - Qata has just found out that indeed Lady Peckerly was dripping so doubts that statement as to what Trotter said about "tries to". This really needs to be resolved.
"
From the moment i unsuccessfully tried something to the moment i left the tavern Lady Peckerly certainly was not dripping. I found nothing in my log...
If you really want to claim that somebody did something, you should be able to proof it. Where is the evidence?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 09:30:21 am by troyyer »

Zytorr

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2010, 09:19:39 am »
Sorry see my edit above about Troyyer's statement

Sarva

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2010, 09:33:15 am »
Troyyer Personally I know what I was told by the GM who was standing in the room at the time you peed, or tried to pee on Lady Peckerly. I also was told about a conversation that took place before the peeing incident that involved discussion of Lady P having her neck broken and thrown again the wall and then given to someone to be plucked. I don't think most of the people who like Lady P would believe that is an acceptable thing.

One thing I forgot to say in my original message but I will say here as a follow up. The rules are GMs do not get directly involved in player RPs. If there is a murder or other crime committed as part of the RP the guards will not be going on and actively trying to hunt down the person who committed the crime. It is mainly up to the people involved in the RP to hunt down the bad guy and basically present enough evidense for the Guards to take the bad guy into jail. Also not that GMs do not bring guards into game at the request of players. Again the rules are if the GM feels like it they can bring guards into the game but we have no obligation to bring a guard in just because a player says they need a guard.

Elady

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2010, 09:42:11 am »
Elady is acting on the information she has IC. IC she was told just before she left for Hydlaa about beer mugs being thrown in the tavern. When she had stepped out of the Stonehead moments before there were only 3 people in the tavern and one of the three told her about the mug throwing.

When I came back to the Stonehead the information I had was " Lady Peckerly is dripping from urin" That is the information I have IC'ly to act on. If the IC information I have and acted on is wrong then there is room for discussion.

verden

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2010, 09:45:19 am »
Obvious use of semantics and bad reasoning to avoid simply taking responsibility for one's character's actions. This is like school on a holiday ... no class. You also lose points for coming up here and trying to bring GMs and the community into what is your situation to deal with. Your lucky this isn't IRL because banning and the police is definitely not all you would have to deal with, at least in my neighborhood anyway.

troyyer

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2010, 09:52:54 am »
Elady is acting on the information she has IC. IC she was told just before she left for Hydlaa about beer mugs being thrown in the tavern. When she had stepped out of the Stonehead moments before there were only 3 people in the tavern and one of the three told her about the mug throwing.

When I came back to the Stonehead the information I had was " Lady Peckerly is dripping from urin" That is the information I have IC'ly to act on. If the IC information I have and acted on is wrong then there is room for discussion.

Elady,

i certainly don't know where that information is coming from. But 'Lady Peckerly was certainly not dripping from urin'.

troyyer

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2010, 09:54:52 am »
Obvious use of semantics and bad reasoning to avoid simply taking responsibility for one's character's actions. This is like school on a holiday ... no class. You also lose points for coming up here and trying to bring GMs and the community into what is your situation to deal with. Your lucky this isn't IRL because banning and the police is definitely not all you would have to deal with, at least in my neighborhood anyway.

Well,

this is a text based game. So obviously text is very important.

Sen

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2010, 09:57:14 am »
Well... even four things

1) If Im running a tavern and a guest starts to pee on my very popular and liked pet - or tries to - I'd really give him a life time ban out of the tavern. By the way, also if Im only reported that by guests.

2) And another thing: Don't you get the idea, that a "rp" like this is somewhat inappropriate?

3) About your ranting about others.. what did you do against it? Die you /report? Did you contact gms? Did you try to talk to the people yourself?

Finally 4) All what verden said.

Sen
.....also a saddle that won't pinch the tail. One day!

Jekkar

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2010, 09:58:06 am »
There was some interesting role play these last few days...

-A guy killing a pregnant woman. That woman loses the unborn child and marries the guy who killed her...
That guy walks around in Hydlaa as if nothing happened.

-Another guy puts poison in food to make women love him...Of course, this leads to the almost unavoidable cybering...
What a surprise, that guy is not punished

-So called 'Ladies of the night', or should I say hoes, are selling their service for in game money to customers. Again we have the cybering part...
And again, it is tolerated...

It is a bit surprising for me, to see that prostitution, murder and fabrication and use of poison seems to be more or less nothing in this planeshift world. Was anybody punished? Was there any legal action? As far as I know, some players are under 18. Is that taken into consideration?

You observed Planeshift, gratz.
"A new day will come when those who rudely interrupt are swept away!" -Lereal

troyyer

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2010, 10:08:23 am »
As far as i know Planeshift has a medieval settings background. Please do not mix that up with what we have in real live atm.
I can imagine that it was a bit more rough in that days...