Author Topic: Speed Hacks  (Read 8061 times)

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Speed Hacks
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2009, 09:13:35 pm »
Great, Tomislav!

Thanks to the hint to use fresh SVN checkouts, I cleaned the whole path branches of \development\cs and \development\planeshift (according to the Compiling Guilde), built a fresh CS revision, and a fresh PS revision -- that turned the former "unresolved external symbols" into "could not load libcrystalspace_d.lib".

So I found out:

Earlier, CrystalSpace libs must have been built to

\development\cs\out\debug9\libs

where outdated libs from months ago caused the missing symbols; but now they get built to

\development\cs\out\debug9\libs\Win32

instead. So I wonder if I lost the sync between the CS output path and the PS import path somewhere. Maybe even the SLN files for PlaneShift are outdated? - Just a guess.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2009, 06:36:15 am »
P.S.:

Yesterday I played on weltall's test server and was able to get flagged 2 times, and even kicked.

I have the feeling that this happened both times after running criss-cross, standing for a few seconds, and running straight into a tunnel (in npcroom).

So I strongly recommend to run a battle tournament on EZ-PC after implementing Paladin there, as changing motion profiles will be typical for battle tactics, like "hit & run"...

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador

Lifaeen

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2009, 02:25:10 pm »
not sure if you've noticed that....but if you run sidewards (using R + E/Q) you're a bit faster than normally....

Caarrie

• Forum Addict
  • We want no UNFIXED bugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • PlaneShift3dMods
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2009, 02:26:17 pm »
not sure if you've noticed that....but if you run sidewards (using R + E/Q) you're a bit faster than normally....

that is normal, and your point on how that relates to this thread?

Lifaeen

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2009, 02:42:48 pm »
well....if it checks for players moving faster than normal....it may kick you don't know...did just want to mention it

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2009, 03:27:05 pm »
If this case was serious, you would be punished for publishing an exploit. - Exploits are to be reported in the bugtracker, not in the public.

Fortunately, it is a little advantage. Probably fixable. And surely exhausting your char faster.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador

neko kyouran

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2009, 03:56:39 pm »
there's a difference between publishing a found exploit publicly with malicious intent and someone just trying to help out and add their simple observations.

if something needs to be made private, that is what the report option on posts are for and the mods can take the post and move it to the appropriate private section.

Caarrie

• Forum Addict
  • We want no UNFIXED bugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • PlaneShift3dMods
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2009, 04:03:51 pm »
If this case was serious, you would be punished for publishing an exploit. - Exploits are to be reported in the bugtracker, not in the public.

Fortunately, it is a little advantage. Probably fixable. And surely exhausting your char faster.

this was a suggestion to test, not an exploit or something we know needs to be fixed.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2009, 04:12:10 pm »
Therefore "if it was"...

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador