Author Topic: Mini-Games  (Read 7387 times)

Sktn

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Re: Mini-Games
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2009, 01:12:44 am »
A card game that allows bets to be placed, like pazaak in Kotor, similar to blackjack. I really enjoyed playing it in both games

davewb

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2009, 01:12:54 pm »
hmmmm placing bets... there's a fun notion. Why didn't I think of that??? That's such an obvious concept. I've put it on my to-do list. I had thought of pay-to-play and cash winnings, but betting... yes. That will put more bums on seats to play games I reckon.

Unless it would be socially irresponsible to encourage the gaming youth to gambling addiction. Any sociologists want to comment?

Rigwyn

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2009, 01:39:38 pm »

Would you be able to bet an item (or group of items ) instead of just tria ?

Madoring

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2009, 03:21:17 pm »
I would hope not.  I think just the Tria would be a great place to start without getting to complex.  besides, you could buy whatever items you'd like if you won Trias...

Akkaido Kivikar

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2009, 11:41:09 pm »
It is common for gamblers to bet a possession rather than money though.

Joneswilliamsc

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2010, 12:06:58 am »
Well I like the idea which you have mentioned here for creating game of yourself. I like the rules which you have created for it. But one thing is that you have not mentioned that what will be the extra features will be in it. Whatever but its looking really very nice idea. Its interesting.

Draklar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2010, 01:47:48 am »
If you want something that has "ye olde" feeling to it, take a look at Tafl games:
much, much easier to learn than chess, but still requires a good deal of tactical thinking. Beautiful in its simplicity.
AKA Skald

Catlemur

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Death or Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2010, 04:29:16 am »
I suggest weiqi with a small 7x7 board.

Caratacos

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2010, 09:15:49 pm »
texas Hold 'em all the way :P

raline

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2012, 02:02:27 am »
I'd also be more than happy to see my own game as a mini-game in Planeshift (the name would have to be changed to make it fit the world better, and it could do with some asthetic changes too). It's at http://sourceforge.net/projects/turtlemelee/.

tman

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2012, 02:24:21 am »
It is common for gamblers to bet a possession rather than money though.

This is why players should be able to set the bet amount.  If they want to bet items they should decide beforehand, and maybe place the items on the table, then set the amount to 0 tria.  Winner takes the items.  If the loser doesn't pay up or tries running off with the item, it should be considered stealing and punished accordingly.

If you don't trust the other player, you could always have a trustworthy third party hold on to the items for you.
You can't teach a pig to sing.  It'll never work, and you'll annoy the pig.