Author Topic: Planeshift Birth Announcement  (Read 21919 times)

Caarrie

• Forum Addict
  • We want no UNFIXED bugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • PlaneShift3dMods
Re: Planeshift Birth Announcement
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2009, 09:52:57 am »
Question: Does that mean that one should move to the new server for the purpose of game testing?

if you want you can but not required.

Vengeance

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2009, 09:57:43 am »
From a feature standpoint right now, the two servers will have identical features.  In the future, however, there may be features on one of the servers which do not make sense being on the other server--in both directions.  This should not be viewed as a beta server or anything like that.  This is a real server just like laanx.fragnetics.com.

From an RP standpoint, I'll defer to Xillix but I would think that IC the characters have no awareness of anything other than their own server.  To them, that *is* Yliakum.

... just like we know nothing about parallel earths. ;-)

Donari Tyndale

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2009, 10:00:53 am »
If you test bugs on the second server, you can test roleplay features on laanx, such as player run Hydlaa and more.

Morla Phlint

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Rrivaln hrraln mo hetakh! (Enkien)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2009, 10:23:37 am »
Great idea. I'm looking forward to see how it goes!!!  :thumbup:

since 0.3.019 Crystal Blue || Sometimes a ragequit is the right decision.

Aiwendil

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2009, 10:43:47 am »
I just want to say thank you for this and that I love the idea. I'm not too concerned about loosing some players on Laanx. It's more important for me to keep people together who share the same interests. It much more fun for everyone this way. Of course I see some minor problems in this too like announcing player events in the forums or a Player killing Aiwendil from another player running around in Ezpcusa. Okay, I wouldn't have too much problems with the second at all...it's somehow funny as long as a single PM from me would help to make clear that I'm not responsible for this ;). And the first one could easily be solved with sub-boards or a different forum too. No idea if this has influence on valid wishes in the wish-list too (like maps for Ezpcusa or such), but I guess that will be made clear soon.
Something that might prove troublesome is most noobs heading off to the new server. We poor roleplayers can't last without these, however. After all someone needs to mine.
I don't see the problem here. What do we need all those millions form the platinum mine for? So training will slow down a little bit in laanx..no big deal, or?. Prices reached at Guild house auctions can only be as high as the players amount of money...so no problem there too.

So finally a big thanks again to all who made this possible.

Liadan

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Since 0.3.020
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2009, 10:49:08 am »
So, i don't know if this has been asked yet but,

would the devs then encourage dual-clienting?

As in one client on the RP-server and the other on the non-RP server?

miadon

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2009, 10:54:55 am »
people already dual-client some characters on the same server.
- MiadonCam (Refresh page to see live in game Miadon Action!!)

Mordaan

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2009, 11:08:53 am »
Hmm, very interesting.  I agree with what Kayden said, that MB feel is an aspect that is sorely missed around here.  If you really want to recapture it, a feature for the new server could be a world chat tab.  One of the things that made MB so "cozy" wasn't just that Hydlaa was the only place you could go, it was that we could all communicate where ever we were.  If it becomes too unruly, you could always just ignore it.

Sounds like what we are really talking about here is an RP server and a PL server.  I know it's not that simple but at least that's how I think this is going to play out.  So wouldn't it make more sense for the new server to be RP since people can then not have to start over their high level characters?  Eh, just a thought.

Anyways, good job with this!  I think it's a good move.  I look forward to checking it out.
--Overseer, Explorers Guild.

Xillix Queen of Fools

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2009, 11:18:13 am »
The two worlds are unconnected entirely and categorically in terms of RP.

People on the second server never need to concern themselves with rp at all.

Plans for the possibility of player governance will go forward ONLY when the team is ready to approve such a move.

I have already put some plans in motion with the gms and players, namely the OSP, It's unlawful counterpart, the rp covenant, and other initiatives.

I hope to see more roleplay events on the roleplay server and more players who want to goof off and simply have fun on ezps.

I hope the roleplay community will do some outreach to other communities of roleplayers to fill in the ranks of people that you will lose to the non rp shard.

Anyone who comes from Ezps to Laanx will be expected to roleplay and can be taught as noobs now are.

Dual client if you wish, just adhere to the rules of the server you are on.

Also, as I suggested we are working on forum options to keep the factions from waring.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 11:25:51 am by Xillix Queen of Fools »

Prolix

« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2009, 11:54:37 am »
Any chance the new server will be a pure pvp zone, no /challenges?

Ps I missed the post dating like most everyone else :)

weltall

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://weltall.heliohost.org
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2009, 12:10:29 pm »
Any chance the new server will be a pure pvp zone, no /challenges?

Ps I missed the post dating like most everyone else :)

no.

Jenica

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2009, 12:20:14 pm »
I think that having a second server is a wonderful idea! But the only thing that I was thinking is, why not that the Laanx server for the "players" and the new server for the "roleplayers" I myself roleplay a little, but I have spent alot of time building my character and collecting rare items. Most roleplayers do roleplay mostly, so if they go to the new server, they really dont have anything to lose. My guild worked for about eight months to have enough tria to buy a guildhouse. We just bought it at the last auction. I would hate to lose everything that we have worked so hard for.  But besides that, WAY TO GO!!!!!! \\o// \\o//

Birot

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2009, 12:28:39 pm »
I agree with Jenica, i just spent almost 2 years here bulding a character and now it seems as if your saying we are giving this world to RPers start over, The Rpers would have a much easier time starting over... Heck give them a Tavern and chat tab and there good to go, why should us players have to make millions upon millions of trias on this new server just to get back to who we are... This seems like Nonsence

I agree it is a great idea but you are asking the wrong group of players to relocate, Rpers have not spent the time and tria to build there character here, most dont own GHs and this would not be a big move to them.

Please think about what your asking of us players.

Eathon

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2009, 12:36:19 pm »
Quite a number of RP guilds bought guildhouses as well. Anyway, Laanx was originally intended as an RP server. If provision is made for more relaxed regulations on a different server, there is no reason why RPers should prefer to lose their items and training, especially since they were the original intended audience for Laanx.

Xillix Queen of Fools

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2009, 12:47:09 pm »
Rpers would feel the same way if the situation was reversed.

I won't argue about changing which will be which.

The dev team has settled this issue internally and won't be swapping who goes where.

Laanx is now and will remain the rp server.

One thing you forget also: if no one has any money, the auctions will be much lower, getting a guildhouse for your guild on server two will be easier at first.

We cannot help atm that people will give things up for the move.

You should embrace the chance at a clean slate and try to take it in stride.

By the end of week one someone will be the most powerful guild on the new server, whose guild will it be?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 12:50:08 pm by Xillix Queen of Fools »