Author Topic: Proposed Pre-release and you.  (Read 4854 times)

Xillix Queen of Fools

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Proposed Pre-release and you.
« on: November 16, 2009, 12:12:15 pm »
As is stated on our main page, we are planning on releasing to Ezpcusa as a "pre-release" test phase. The client and server will still have some major issues at that time but we'll be asking that everyone who plays on ezpcusa engage with the bug tracker and help us to get the needed fixes for the eventual full release to Laanx.

With some major exceptions, the release of 5.0 "Arcane Chrysalis" has a massive amount of fixes and some new features which will be outlined along with the Pre-release.

We really need player help to get ready for a Laanx release. Our devs numbers are down in accordance with player # shrinkage. There is good news about this as well though. We fully expect that our player number will soon exceed our historic highest totals within the next few months.

We are aggressively seeking new gms, official testers, and devs to help keep ps on track, so if you've thought about it before, now is the time to make the leap.

I welcome the devs to post further thoughts, and we'll take questions also.

Happy Gaming,

XilliX

verden

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: Proposed Pre-release and you.
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 12:24:49 pm »
Does one have to be an official team member to have access to the new client builds and such for doing testing for this release? I got as far as getting Fink installed, but have had other projects taking up my time, of course, so I have not been able to finishing installing the whole deal. Looking forward to this release though.

Durwyn

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Athénée Royal Jean Rey Couvin
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 12:57:51 pm »
Everyone will be invited to test, no restrictions. (planeshift.it)

lets have some fun  :devil:  :lol:
http://arjrcouvin.jimdo.com/
Athénée Royal Jean Rey Couvin

Xillix Queen of Fools

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 01:18:10 pm »
We will release a second client compatible with only ezpcusa (as it has the server side changes) and allow you all to test it.

Tuxide

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • Banker
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2009, 01:39:26 pm »
I assure you Guild Banker will be bigger and better than ever.

We are aggressively seeking new gms ... so if you've thought about it before, now is the time to make the leap.

Do it before they wipe advisor mode points.

ThomPhoenix

• Testers
  • Forum Addict
  • A Phoenix, what'd you expect?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2009, 01:49:59 pm »
I guess we can use some extensive stress and crash testing. I'm also wondering how this release will hold up graphics performance-wise, because of the many gfx changes.
But all soon-to-be testers should note that the version as-is should be considered very beta, there's quite some polishing to do before it can go "final" 0.5

Well, have fun anyway ;)
We're not evil. We're simply amazing.

verden

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2009, 06:30:52 pm »
Sounds good! Looking forward to breaking it...

Prolix

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2009, 12:55:34 am »
Are the ezpc accounts/ characters still in place or has it been backed-up/wiped? Any time frame for the opening yet? Will the new client be linked on planeshift.it or somewhere else?

I'm looking forward to having a look, hopefully there will be enough to keep me interested a while. 

Xillix Queen of Fools

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2009, 09:26:54 am »
Ezpcusa has Laanx Data for the test period.

The test client will be announced as normal.

Time frame depends on dev/tester time commitment so no clue.

Kirenaj

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2009, 01:42:58 pm »
Hi guys, I'm new here. And as far as I can see, there i no possibility to introduce oneself to the rest of the forum. I'm not a developer, but merely a translator who loves computer games. I've tried to contact Talad, but he seems to be too busy to react. Do you know, who could help in this case? I am a research assistant at the UNESCO Chair for Translation Studies and Intercultural Communication (Jagiellonian University Cracow Poland). I'm into multimedia translation and I would like to help this way to create a polish website, translate news items and (some) elements of the GUI. I have help from 45 translation students to complete this work. We can also translate into French, Spanish and Russian. But we would like to start with a polish version. On our website we'd place the Planeshift logo and a link to the official Planeshift website. Guys can you help me?

weltall

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://weltall.heliohost.org
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2009, 01:58:24 pm »
Hi guys, I'm new here. And as far as I can see, there i no possibility to introduce oneself to the rest of the forum. I'm not a developer, but merely a translator who loves computer games. I've tried to contact Talad, but he seems to be too busy to react. Do you know, who could help in this case? I am a research assistant at the UNESCO Chair for Translation Studies and Intercultural Communication (Jagiellonian University Cracow Poland). I'm into multimedia translation and I would like to help this way to create a polish website, translate news items and (some) elements of the GUI. I have help from 45 translation students to complete this work. We can also translate into French, Spanish and Russian. But we would like to start with a polish version. On our website we'd place the Planeshift logo and a link to the official Planeshift website. Guys can you help me?
if you've used this forum maybe it didn't get through better to use email or contact him using irc.
In the mean time it could be good improving these translation or making new ones:
http://planeshift.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/planeshift/trunk/lang/
http://pswiki.xordan.com/index.php?title=PS_Translations

peeg

• Testers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2009, 02:05:56 pm »
@Kirena Translations are very appreciated ( as stated here ) :) Just go ahead! No need to ask for permission first.
[ PSde ] - Join the german community!
Peeg Chaoswind - Mentor in The Rangers Of Yliakum

Kirenaj

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2009, 05:00:59 am »
Ok, thanks. I will have a look at the links you gave me. We'll start translating not before january/february 2010 anyway, but I have to know how to prepare the material for my students. I'll keep in touch.

P.S. By the way I tried contacting by mail, but didn't get any response.

Mordraugion

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Ex Dev and GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2009, 07:05:41 am »
could try our channel on irc.freenode.net #planeshift some of us are around at sometime during the day/night
No longer a member of the PlanShift Development Team
Hokinon or Hoki on IRC

PS is not a democracy, nor will it ever be -- Karyuu 2006
http://www.hydlaaplaza.com/smf/index.php?topic=21049.msg230947#msg230947

Tuxide

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • Banker
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2009, 12:13:27 pm »
P.S. By the way I tried contacting by mail, but didn't get any response.
If it's info@planeshift.it then nobody ever answers it to my knowledge.  Speak to XilliX or Vengeance directly on IRC.