Author Topic: Meet the devs #4 - February 6th  (Read 389 times)

Talad

• Administrator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Meet the devs #4 - February 6th
« on: April 12, 2011, 08:38:41 am »
Greetings! I'm here to present you the results of the fourth "meet the devs" event held 6 February 2011. It was a very nice event with good participation from the players.

I'm sorry I didn't post this earlier, but ... better late than never!

You can find similar events on our events page. Be sure to participate next time!

The scope of the event was an Out Of Character chat on the next development and status of the game. All players invited. For this event we had Weltall and Tuux from the developer's team and about 15-20 players. The event lasted about 1.5 hours.

You can find the full log here.

Some of the major points:
  • It was asked about implementing Archaeology, although we have no plans for such right now.
  • It was asked about implement the possibility for crafters to add magical effects to weapons: this is currently planned but it’s a long work to do so right now no one of the main team is able to tackle this.
  • It was asked about making trainer NPC tell who else trains the same skill (so there is a sort of flow through trainers). I’ve passed word even though the major problems of this is writing a lot of text for each NPC.
  • It was asked to implement new jobs and expand today’s ones. We have some things still not release on this end like new metals used to make weapons, new shields and toolmaking with fishing rods. Those require the setting team to write the quest, as for other things they require a lot of work of table filling and a team of 1 rules dev can’t really accomplish it. The skunkwork project is doing something on this regard (right now leather working)
  • Rules developer focus is, right now, NPC paths. So allowing the NPC to have their own schedule and move in different areas depending on the hours. You can see those on ezpcusa if interested.
  • There was a suggestion to allow loot to have higher quality. But it must be considered this ruins the, already frail, crafting economy. (higher quality not craftable items come from old GM events)
  • We are definitely in need of more c++ developers, other than rules and setting developers.
  • It was pointed out that /repair takes legs to repair pants. That would require client changes in order to not break repair (and so a new build).
  • Someone suggested of allowing NPC crafting. Unfortunately this isn’t supported by the engine as free text handling in scripting is not allowed.
  • No one is currently working on the skill “hide in the shadows”
  • About crafting the idea is making a proper recipe book, but also on this we lack the manforce to accomplish it likewise you can find other ideas on this site, if you are interested in helping, http://www.atomicblue.org/google_soc_2010.htm for gsoc 2011 we will also add other ones.  We will definitely try to apply also this year but we don’t know if we will be accepted.
  • It was suggested of making time of each crafting transformation variable depending on other factors, in place of being static. Due to this now the main time calculation function is entirely scripted (and no more in c++ code) and at the same time it’s possible to put one line scripts for each transformation. Now the ball is on the rules developers.

I didn't take specific screenshots this time, here are some from the previous event!

See you in the next one!

« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 09:06:51 am by Talad »