Author Topic: [COMMUNITY] Frequently reported/commented quest 'bugs' [edit:26/07/2015]  (Read 1834 times)

Venalan

• Global Moderator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
So, to make life easier on players I've decided to keep an up to date list of 'the most common bugs' which get reported so you lot can all see what's going on when you come across one of them.

Let me start by saying that we are very proud with how bug free the quests are now, so the total list is rather small, of not empty.

An important point before you read what is below.

If at ANY POINT you are not sure the things below match what you are finding in game, tell us by filing a petition. We will quickly (once someone sees your question) tell you what is wrong. But remember that you might be the 5% of cases that find a tiny bug that no one else has found/reported and mean that it is fixed for everyone else in the future.

Common questions which are not caused by bugs
  • "The NPC has nothing to say to me but they told me to take X to Y" - In this situation almost all of the time the player has skipped a quest menu they needed to click with the previous npc. For example, in "Lorri's little delivery" players sometimes run off from Lori with the item she gives you before they finish talking to her. So the next NPC has nothing to say until you go back.
  • "I can't get quest X" - There are a few responses to this. 1 - the next quest in the chain requires a skill level or the completion of a quest you do not have yet. If you are doing Blue way quests try improving Blue Way, alchemy quests try improving alchemy etc..., 2 - You are following an out of date list from a spoiler site that is now wrong. Please be careful when following lists on the internet as we frequently get people saying they can't get something they want and often it's due to this, 3 - What you were told you needed by another player was wrong. Much like the previous point, quests are adjusted from time to time and an older player may not have done the quests since they where changed, 4 - you are trying to get a quest again after it was wiped and the requirements for it have changed so you can no longer get it. This should be all the situations you might find yourself in as I am unaware of any cases of a quest you can not get.
  • "I tried doing X but they say they can't help me until they have finished working on the plague." - This is a response you get from certain NPCs when you have "Liera's Cure" active, you need to finish that quest before continuing the other one. One of a few cases when internal steps rely on external quests.
  • "I need item X to do a quest which was reset" - To get an item you need to be on-line at the same time as a GM, which can mean waiting a long time before you can get it due to missing one another. The quickest way to get a replacement item is to find a GM on IRC and ask them.
  • "It's been ages, but the skill quest won't show for me to do again!" - The skill quests we have in PS are not exactly the same as 'dailys' other games have. They do no reset once every day/week/month. They are accessible again once you spend a certain amount of time in game. This is somewhere between a few hours for the short locks, to a few months for the longer locks. The skill quests are at the lower end of the time frame, 4-6 hours.

Currently reported bugs with unreleased fixes.
  • NONE!!

That's it for now. As always, if you come across even a tiny bug like a typo I want to know about it so I can fix it.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 05:20:25 pm by Venalan »

Jawir

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Re: [COMMUNITY] Frequently reported/commented on quest 'bugs'
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 02:15:18 pm »
First of all I'm very happy to see you are so committed to the game improvement! My best congratulations!  \\o// \\o//  \\o//
Secondly I would suggest to change this to a sticky thread because it's a reference for everyone.  :thumbup:

Venalan

• Global Moderator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
New bug added.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
Ah, so the recent sale of Nightlanterns was not only for decorative purposes. Good to know...

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
Doesn't matter, Jocas still showered [REDACTED FOR SPOILERS] with two dozens of them!

"It's all fun and games until someone stabs someone else in the eye."

Venalan

• Global Moderator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: [COMMUNITY] Frequently reported/commented quest 'bugs' [edit:08/06/2014]
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2014, 02:09:49 pm »
I have not been told about any new bugs so the current list is still update, and all will be fixed in the next update. Which should not be too far away now.

Venalan

• Global Moderator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Been a while since I've updated this. But just to say that right now we still have no outstanding quest bugs. The next update will just fix a few very minor typos and the way some sentences have been phrased.

Please remember to keep telling Mordaan or I, or filing petitions reporting any quest bugs/typos you come across.

Venalan

• Global Moderator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Another update with a comment on "An Undead Howling". It seems the quest is deactivated on the main server so no one can currently start or finish if already started. It will be fixed on the main server after the next update.

Venalan

• Global Moderator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
The latest update has just been released and I can once more say that there are no major outstanding Settings bugs.

Please keep letting the Settings Department know about all the little typos you find, or tell us about any suggestions you have for improving specific aspects of a quest.

Venalan

• Global Moderator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Two new bugs in two magic quests.
  • Knowledge and Practical of the Brown Way Master. This quest uses the new known spell quest lock, there is a typo in the quest script so the quest checks for a spell name that does not exist so is impossible to pass. A GM will need to complete step 7 for any players stuck so they can complete the quest.
  • Knowledge of the Dark Way Adept. This quest uses the new known spell quest lock, there is a typo in the quest script so the quest checks for a spell name that does not exist so is impossible to pass. A GM will need to complete step 8 for any players stuck so they can complete the quest.

Venalan

• Global Moderator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: [COMMUNITY] Frequently reported/commented quest 'bugs' [edit:26/07/2015]
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2016, 11:23:43 am »
Hey guys. So settings is getting ready for the next update so just to say all bugs here will be fixed and no other major ones have been reported.

Thanks to everyone who has been reporting small mistakes to me, they have all been fixed and will be in the next update.

Venalan.

gonger

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2016, 12:46:41 pm »
Hey guys. So settings is getting ready for the next update so just to say all bugs here will be fixed and no other major ones have been reported.

Thanks to everyone who has been reporting small mistakes to me, they have all been fixed and will be in the next update.

Venalan.

Thanks for the great work, Venalan!  \\o//  :thumbup:  \\o//

redhound

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2016, 04:32:25 am »
Waiting... waiting!..  :thumbup:

Venalan

• Global Moderator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
As of the last update there are no currently known bugs in quests which can stop you from getting a quest, or progressing in a quest.

Please keep reporting anything you think might be broken so I can check and make sure. Thanks to everyone who does keep reporting small things for me.

Venalan

• Global Moderator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Scratch that last comment... There is a known bug in Tilavi is in Trouble which GMs will need to complete step 13 for players to complete.