Author Topic: [Rules] Tua's Blog  (Read 587 times)

Tuathanach

• Associate Developer
  • Hydlaa Citizen
  • Arch Chancellor of the Knowledge Seekers
    • View Profile
    • Knowledge seekers
[Rules] Tua's Blog
« on: October 01, 2014, 11:47:25 am »
Following on from Community involvement thread I started a year or so ago, before joining the Dev team. I will attempt to post regular(ish) post to keep the community updated with what I am doing as a Dev. I would like to thank Eonwind as rules lead and the other Devs for being welcoming to me and also putting up with me :whistling:.

I guess I will start by talking briefly about some of the things you can expect to see in the next update from a rules perspective. First there are several bug fixes/tweaks to items with adjustments to prices of weapons & jewelry and also weight / size tweaks all aimed at better balance.

What is new?
From a crafting point of view it will be possible to craft more parts rather than buying them from vendors. Items included in this are handles for axes and knives, also helm parts like leather ridges, cheek plates and bronze mail cloth. Visual enhancement to leather parts and also hammer and mace parts comes in the form of new icons.

A big rework has happened to shields, which has taken a team effort. Shields will all now be contained in just 4 books rather than previous 15/16. All shield parts are now craftable, (some recipies tweaked). Shields will now also be able to do damage. Also new special shields will be available. I thank Lumi for the effort she put in to this.

After a long wait for many Bow making is due to be implemented, quests are almost ready and are with settings being polished for your enjoyment. I think that is most of the things I (but not solely me) have had a hand in shaping for this next update. I am sure I missed something but oh well. I also know a lot of work from others has gone in and there are many other things due in next update from others, that I will leave for them to talk about.

The future
After this next update work on the following will happen:
Jewelry Making: Thanks to Jowifi who has produced data, icons and quest scripts, which still need to be tested and has been put on hold for now, to concentrate on current update. This will open way for Gem cutting in future as well.

Brewing: I know it has been waiting for a while but the end is now in sight I believe. Currently sitting at 23 varieties of drink that will be craftable, but this is to be reviewed so final version may vary. It should have Beer, Cider, Mead and Wine. This still requires quests and some new art before it can be released.

Possible community project: designed to give people a flavour of what is needed to get something in game, while being supported through the process. More details will follow.

There is also much more but that is enough for now I feel. Please feel free to ask me any questions, you can also PM me or catch me in game.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 04:54:27 am by Tuathanach »
Shindroks Crater Project Wiki
Interested contact Myself or Zunna.
We are contactable ingame, by PM or on Discord

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
Re: Tua's Blog
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 01:42:00 pm »
I'm not sure if you want responses here or not but:

Jewelry Making: Thanks to Jowifi who has produced data, icons and quest scripts, which still need to be tested and has been put on hold for now, to concentrate on current update. This will open way for Gem cutting in future as well.

Brewing: I know it has been waiting for a while but the end is now in sight I believe. Currently sitting at 23 varieties of drink that will be craftable, but this is to be reviewed so final version may vary. It should have Beer, Cider, Mead and Wine. This still requires quests and some new art before it can be released.

Yay! \\o//

Tuathanach

• Associate Developer
  • Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Knowledge seekers
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 05:16:40 pm »
I'm not sure if you want responses here or not but:
Neither am I  :D, but this is here for the community's benefit so I guess no fixed rules as yet.

Volki

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2014, 07:56:52 pm »
Aw yiss, knives. :]
Lace dark dreadfull power inside him awakens now fully resultin his former self comin back lord of dark noble house shantae of mevango family lacertus shadowone mevango also knowed as darkblade of shadows

Eonwind

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2014, 03:05:26 am »
Just to show you the amount of work that has been done with crafting Tuathanach forgot to mention:

Weapon Enchanting: weapon enchantment will follow a similar pattern like armour and helms enchanting. Crafting data is ready (thanks to Tuathanach) and already loaded in testing server, and advanced (almost ready) quest draft to introduce it has already been written (thanks Lumi), however it's not going to be released in the coming release because the weapon effects and enchantments are being tested for balance and functionality.

gonger

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2014, 03:54:27 am »
Thanks for all the great work! Looking forward to the next updates...  :)

Gonger

CheatCat

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2014, 01:48:05 am »
Just to show you the amount of work that has been done with crafting Tuathanach forgot to mention:

Weapon Enchanting: weapon enchantment will follow a similar pattern like armour and helms enchanting. Crafting data is ready (thanks to Tuathanach) and already loaded in testing server, and advanced (almost ready) quest draft to introduce it has already been written (thanks Lumi), however it's not going to be released in the coming release because the weapon effects and enchantments are being tested for balance and functionality.

Now thats something! Well done!

Eredin

• Developers
  • Traveller
    • View Profile
Re: [Rules] Tua's Blog
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2014, 03:19:52 pm »
In keeping with the theme here, Tuathanach has been leading the whole dev team in working to nail down requirements for the long awaited NEW CRAFTING INTERFACE. Engines will begin coding on that as soon as we have stabilized the impending release.

CheatCat

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2014, 02:00:52 am »
In keeping with the theme here, Tuathanach has been leading the whole dev team in working to nail down requirements for the long awaited NEW CRAFTING INTERFACE. Engines will begin coding on that as soon as we have stabilized the impending release.

YEEEES! I really hope you take the players inputs of a such interface, perhaps creating a thread displaying some suggestions of a such interface would look like.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2014, 02:04:05 am »
\\o// Several departments working together to improve the whole project! We have a team!

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Tuathanach

• Associate Developer
  • Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Knowledge seekers
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2014, 02:31:30 pm »
\\o// Several departments working together to improve the whole project! We have a team!

We do indeed, I feel most if not all current devs work together well. Which will benefit Planeshift.