Author Topic: [Dev Team] Crafting GUI  (Read 870 times)

Tuathanach

• Associate Developer
  • Hydlaa Citizen
  • Arch Chancellor of the Knowledge Seekers
    • View Profile
    • Knowledge seekers
[Dev Team] Crafting GUI
« on: October 16, 2014, 04:14:19 pm »
Here is one for the future, a Crafting GUI. We as a team have discussed (and still are) the possibility of a crafting GUI. We have made a few designs and what I am showing here is what we currently plan to implement and also a bit of info on what it will do. The design we will show you is based on elves skin. We hope you like what you see.
**Disclaimer - all content in this post is subject to change as it is part of on going discussions. Also at this stage coding has not started.**

Top Boxes
Along the top is a selection of all characters manuals, defaults to current mind slot on select box is highlighted and selected manual is placed in mind and previous selected manual is swapped to inventory slot selected manual occupied.

Left Pane
The left pane lists all possible crafts from manual, Initially only shows Final items . Items player can craft are in yellow and those they can’t in grey. Selected items are in White, when selected opens to show what is required the amount. As in example above, Mace was selected, then mace assembly then Mace Kit allowing player to see what it requires to be made.
The top of left pane has a filter box, to limit what is shown. The bottom has a toggle button so can hide/show items player lacks skill for.

Centre Pane
Top shows info panel about selected item
Below shows requirements for craft in example shown character is too far from an anvil to use it also they lack required parts to create kit. Will be able to click on material to set which materials will be auto selected (poorest quality first, highest quality or first in inventory). Has progress bar for when crafting to give visual progress.  Craft will show how many user wishes to craft. The buttons below allow 1 to be crafted, “X” allows user to choose, and “max” calculates max number based on material available. “Craft” button begins process.

Right Pane
Shows a list of materials required for crafted item, the quantity required. Will be able to drag and drop an item to specify wh
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 04:30:42 pm by Tuathanach »
Shindroks Crater Project Wiki
Interested contact Myself or Zunna.
We are contactable ingame, by PM or on Discord

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
Re: [Dev Team] Crafting GUI
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2014, 05:03:32 pm »
This looks like a lot of really good changes. However, will crafting books still be readable after a change like this? I think it would still be useful to keep them readable even if it is no longer necessary to read them.

Tuathanach

• Associate Developer
  • Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Knowledge seekers
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2014, 05:23:46 pm »
This looks like a lot of really good changes. However, will crafting books still be readable after a change like this? I think it would still be useful to keep them readable even if it is no longer necessary to read them.
Yes I don't see that changing, currently also study window will also still be available (which is to be improved in next update).
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 05:25:51 pm by Tuathanach »

apyj13

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2014, 10:02:17 pm »
This looks like a great improvement from the current system!  Is the bar in the center pane intended to be the individual item progress bar? If not, it might be nice to include that on this window also, rather than the separate popup.  Might also be nice to have a count of overall progress i.e. 1 of 3, 2 of 3, etc (might not as necessary if the right pane updates after each item is crafted).  Also, on an unrelated/semi-related note, would it be possible to add a quality "tooltip" on hover so you don't have to right click on an item when it's in your inventory to see what quality it is, or perhaps a small number in the corner (similar to what is done with the quantity)?

bilbous

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2014, 10:15:59 pm »
by selection of all character manuals do you mean all in inventory (currently carried) or all in the game? the former would seem more useful and less spoiler-y if that is an issue.

keep up the good work, I need more low-hanging bugs to report :)

Tuathanach

• Associate Developer
  • Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Knowledge seekers
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2014, 02:16:58 am »
This looks like a great improvement from the current system!  Is the bar in the center pane intended to be the individual item progress bar? If not, it might be nice to include that on this window also, rather than the separate popup.  Might also be nice to have a count of overall progress i.e. 1 of 3, 2 of 3, etc (might not as necessary if the right pane updates after each item is crafted).  Also, on an unrelated/semi-related note, would it be possible to add a quality "tooltip" on hover so you don't have to right click on an item when it's in your inventory to see what quality it is, or perhaps a small number in the corner (similar to what is done with the quantity)?
The bar in the middle will be a progress bar for current craft action. We will consider tooltips,  I will add it as feature request on flyspray. Here

by selection of all character manuals do you mean all in inventory (currently carried) or all in the game? the former would seem more useful and less spoiler-y if that is an issue.

keep up the good work, I need more low-hanging bugs to report :)
It will show books currently in player inventory. Thanks for your bugs, they help smooth some things out :).
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 02:54:01 am by Tuathanach »

Jawir

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2014, 07:16:14 am »
To me this change sounds really awesome!
I can't wait to see it in game!
Thanks to the entire devs staff!  \\o//

Damola

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2014, 02:47:39 pm »
Do I get this right that with this in place one can say: Enchant 10 gems and let the char work? Or… well whatever else the char is crafting?
Love,
Damola

Tuathanach

• Associate Developer
  • Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Knowledge seekers
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2014, 11:59:08 pm »
Do I get this right that with this in place one can say: Enchant 10 gems and let the char work? Or… well whatever else the char is crafting?
You will still only be able to do one crafting action at a time. This will make things simpler and also help with combines and all that clicking.

CheatCat

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2014, 02:37:19 am »
Great stuff, this looks far better than the current! The only issue is that this reminds me much of how the crafting GUI looks like in Lord of the rings online. Not really a problem unless you want something unique.

Jawir

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2014, 03:32:03 am »
Even an hedgehog seems like an echidna but they are not the same!
Probably succesful evolution brings common results!   :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

Tuathanach

• Associate Developer
  • Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Knowledge seekers
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2014, 03:38:03 am »
I can confirm that it is not based on any other games ui. We made several versions snd ended up with the above.  It will be different in custom skins I am sure. I will make a compact version for my dark night skin.