Author Topic: Comments on Tutorial V4.0  (Read 260 times)

Venalan

• Global Moderator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Comments on Tutorial V4.0
« on: March 24, 2016, 04:36:59 pm »
Hey all,

I've spent a fair amount of time working on trying to make the tutorial as useful an introduction to PlaneShift as possible. In the last update we released the latest version of the tutorial, and I'm after getting more comments and feed back about it. And not just the tutorial, but also the early game and how quests are for a new player.

In the last update I made a few changes I'll give an overview to again here.

• There is a book on the notice board that explicitly tells players who to see to start the main quest chains.
  • The quests with Xenak have softer dialogue to not make it sound like players HAVE to do the tutorial, as it did before.
  • All players still need to do the Abelia quest first, but after that they can do all or none of the other quests in any order they choose.
  • We have added the quest pointing dialogue to barkeeps and have mentioned this in the tutorial dialogue so hopefully new players will go and check it.

So what I'm hoping for is that new players, and old players, go though the tutorial and see what its like..

Could the way it has been set up be different? (excluding the map layout or where NPCs are, can't do much about that)

Is the information you get told suitable and up to date?

Are the items you get good enough?

Could there be more NPCs which go over other niche aspects of the game?

Or any other comments you might have about it.

In terms of the early game it was mentioned that it could be difficult for player to get started with quests, we made some additions to try and help this. Is it good enough, could we do more to help players get started?

Let me know what you think, good workable ideas will be added in as soon as I get time too.

Thanks all.

Venalan.

BoevenF

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Amdeneir citizen, mostly travelling
    • View Profile
    • The Doømed Ones SVG
Re: Comments on Tutorial V4.0
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2016, 11:02:01 am »
just a quick note, I visited very briefly the area, and I didn't really followed all the paths. Man, that's impressive work, nicely done. I felt a bit disoriented by infos coming both from NPCs talkings in balloons and OOC infos appearing in main chat, I was compelled to follow the balloons and then I read the chat.
When I asked for the exit, my char was teleported into hydlaa after some balloons, but that klyros yelled things at me for a while even behind closed doors  ;D

I plan to take a better tour again, but from what I've seen there are lots of infos to help newcomers. Thanks.