Author Topic: Updates on content for next update.  (Read 665 times)

Venalan

• Global Moderator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Updates on content for next update.
« on: May 15, 2016, 02:12:04 pm »
Hi all,

Time for a few more details about one aspect of the next update.

For a while we have been periodically asked about making training more interesting/easier/fun... One way to do this we have started adding into PlaneShift are repeatable quests which will award you with 1 skill level for the skill associated with that quest, once you complete it. We already have some quests released on the server that do this, Harnquist is Hungry, for example will award cooking.

After the next update all the following skills will be able to be increased by completing a repeatable quest; A choice of any one of the combat skills (Sword, Axe, Ranged, etc), Alchemy, Cooking, Empathy, Fishing, Herbal, and Mining.

With this system you -could- max all these skills, but it would take you ages. This system is currently designed to work along side the current training system, not to replace it. We are planning to add a quest for pretty much all the skills, but to complete this will take some time. We hope over the next few updates they can all be done.

We look forward to hearing what you all think of these new quests once they get released.

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
Re: Updates on content for next update.
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2016, 03:45:55 pm »
blah

So you've basically implemented dailies  ;D becoming a comercial MMO, one step at a time!

"It's all fun and games until someone stabs someone else in the eye."

Zerxzz

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2016, 08:22:37 pm »
repeatable quests which will award you with 1 skill level for the skill associated with that quest, once you complete it.

This would make training too easy in my opinion..  leveling 180-200 for example could involve just logging in doing the repeatable quests when they are available.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 09:01:16 pm by Zerxzz »

Volki

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2016, 03:26:24 am »
repeatable quests which will award you with 1 skill level for the skill associated with that quest, once you complete it.

This would make training too easy in my opinion..  leveling 180-200 for example could involve just logging in doing the repeatable quests when they are available.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Lace dark dreadfull power inside him awakens now fully resultin his former self comin back lord of dark noble house shantae of mevango family lacertus shadowone mevango also knowed as darkblade of shadows

BoevenF

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Amdeneir citizen, mostly travelling
    • View Profile
    • The Doømed Ones SVG
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2016, 05:18:55 am »
With this system you -could- max all these skills, but it would take you ages. This system is currently designed to work along side the current training system, not to replace it.

Dilihin

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • you can always find me on IRC: JeHugawa @freenode
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2016, 08:54:24 am »
This would be perfect so we dont need to train hard skills at highests levels, like  heavy armor from 190 to 200. Also where i can see currently avaible quests for this?

Venalan

• Global Moderator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2016, 03:19:16 pm »
The one I've mentioned is harnquist is hungry, Dilihin. Otherwise just go looking.

Venalan

• Global Moderator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2016, 03:20:07 pm »
Hey, whats this? A Stonehammer getting a style change?

....Huh...

Who'd have thought it.

!!
Watch here.
!!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 03:23:56 pm by Venalan »

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2016, 04:30:11 pm »

How about a Brazilian wax? Can she do that? :p

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2016, 01:34:50 am »
For armorless Fenkis (fur is all they need!), rather ask Verrliit. Oh, too late, she left long ago...

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Suno_Regin

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2016, 03:03:55 pm »
I'd be a little disturbed if I were a part of some hair-washing ritual where someone kept whispering "light gray" into my ear.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2016, 07:39:22 am »
By the way, do you have also any celebrities who "never colored their hair" (like in Germany, former chancellor Gerhard Schröder, confirmed by our Federal Constitutional Court)?

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty