Author Topic: A few wee updates  (Read 2419 times)

Psignosis

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Re: A few wee updates
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2019, 06:41:52 am »
I actually like the low lighting. Its very dark, atmospheric and medieval looking.

If I was to complain, I'd say that cave image looks off. The floor and the beams look pretty good but those walls are just totally wrong. The colouring of the walls isnt terrible. The thing thats off putting is the blocky / straight lined / artificial nature of those walls... and the fact you have a colour transition from an orange floor directly into dark brown wall seperated by a line. The lack of a decent colour transition between floor and wall just seems really blocky.

The floor needs to transition its colouring into the walls, rather then be so blocky.

Its crude but effective, I guess ;p

The image of Ojaveda is bizarre. You have a nice reflective and shiny dirt floor, while the walls dont reflect anything at all. The walls are less reflective then the dirt floor. What the? That just seems un-natural. It should be the other way around. The walls should be highly reflective while the floor shouldnt be. If the intention is for Ojaveda to have that special reflective flooring, that at the very least, the walls should be a lot more reflective then they are at present.

Amdeneir at night looks really good.

The Amdeneir Tavern, again, I'd turn up Reflection. Low Light Source bouncing reflection off stone walls would look very atmospheric. Those walls currently look very dull and uninteresting. The light needs to bounce off the walls more to give it that euphoric look.

I cant imagine how much time has gone into all these. It would have taken forever.

This is a politically correct sig that offends nobody. In the event of offense, I deny everything. Thats right, it wasnt me. In the event of a Civil Lawsuite proclaiming Liability, I bring to witness a cat who walked over my keyboard, typing words in this exact order. If asked, the cat denies all.

Tuathanach

• Associate Developer
  • Hydlaa Citizen
  • Arch Chancellor of the Knowledge Seekers
    • View Profile
    • Knowledge seekers
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2020, 11:48:16 am »
Laanx dungeon

Shindroks Crater Project Wiki
Interested contact Myself or Zunna.
We are contactable ingame, by PM or on Discord

Tuathanach

• Associate Developer
  • Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Knowledge seekers
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2020, 11:49:42 am »
Hydlaa Arena

Migg

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2020, 03:22:54 pm »
I think the lighting, especially of the Laanx dungeon, is more realistic and creates the required ambience. May I surmise these places are (or are about to be) completed? Excellent work either way  \\o// \\o// \\o//

Tuathanach

• Associate Developer
  • Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Knowledge seekers
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2020, 04:10:08 pm »
I think the lighting, especially of the Laanx dungeon, is more realistic and creates the required ambience. May I surmise these places are (or are about to be) completed? Excellent work either way  \\o// \\o// \\o//
Lighting is from editor will display differently possibly once in game. I am showing screenshots as I am porting. Lighting will require tweaking before release, this is easily done in UE.

Kada El

Tuathanach

• Associate Developer
  • Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Knowledge seekers
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2020, 02:46:33 pm »
Laanx Temple

Tuathanach

• Associate Developer
  • Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Knowledge seekers
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2020, 08:22:58 am »
Death Realm

« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 09:03:17 am by Tuathanach »

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2020, 08:59:58 am »
Positively creepy!

"It's all fun and games until someone stabs someone else in the eye."

Damola

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2020, 09:11:41 am »
Whoa. Really creepy.

Nice work. The lightning adds to the atmosphere.
Love,
Damola

Tuathanach

• Associate Developer
  • Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Knowledge seekers
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2020, 07:34:04 pm »
Some magic shop pis

Psignosis

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2020, 09:50:28 am »
Very gothic and amazing use of light source. The lighting is definitely an improvement, for sure. While it takes a huge amount of work just to do the simple things, my only comments on the images I see are the Material Surfacing in some areas looks a bit off. Not only are the materials very stretched and fake looking ( like for the magic shops roof but I suspect your trying to keep game size down ) but there are also materials with high reflectivity in odd areas while other sections you'd think should have reflectivity dont have any at all. The material and shades need some work, I think. In some areas they seem to work just fine but in other areas they come across as really fake.
This is a politically correct sig that offends nobody. In the event of offense, I deny everything. Thats right, it wasnt me. In the event of a Civil Lawsuite proclaiming Liability, I bring to witness a cat who walked over my keyboard, typing words in this exact order. If asked, the cat denies all.

Tuathanach

• Associate Developer
  • Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Knowledge seekers
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2020, 04:29:59 pm »
Very gothic and amazing use of light source. The lighting is definitely an improvement, for sure. While it takes a huge amount of work just to do the simple things, my only comments on the images I see are the Material Surfacing in some areas looks a bit off. Not only are the materials very stretched and fake looking ( like for the magic shops roof but I suspect your trying to keep game size down ) but there are also materials with high reflectivity in odd areas while other sections you'd think should have reflectivity dont have any at all. The material and shades need some work, I think. In some areas they seem to work just fine but in other areas they come across as really fake.
I agree some of the textures need updating, currently we are porting existing textures. It is great from my point of view to see how the new engine is improving the look of existing textures.

Tuathanach

• Associate Developer
  • Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Knowledge seekers
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2020, 03:05:54 pm »
Bracers: Platinum, Gold and Silver

Only added a normal and a RAM map. Left Unreal engine to do the rest.

An example of platinum bracer with and without RAM map. Just to illustrate how effective it is.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 03:36:36 pm by Tuathanach »

Damola

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2020, 01:41:24 pm »
Tuathanach, awesome work. Thank you! I really love to see what the magic bracers and the cloaks will look like! :)
Love,
Damola