Author Topic: awareness for pickpocket  (Read 624 times)

shangralah

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
awareness for pickpocket
« on: July 21, 2003, 02:08:55 pm »
There should be another trait or skill that involves your awareness that you are being pickpocketed. This way if you have the trait there is a higher chance that the thief isnt gonna be able to make the pickpocket on you. And if he fails it will say in yallow letters at the chat box that the person attempted pickpocket on you but i think only a few races should be able to have this ability or you have to have a good amount or intellegence or agility to get this trait.

Drilixer

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2003, 02:12:57 pm »
like a spot check in D&D - I would go for that - but I think the devs have already made up there mind on PvP and pickpocketing - read the offficial stratement in this forum:

\"you are free to rant...\"

shangralah

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2003, 02:16:49 pm »
yea but its worth a try and it has to to with pickpocketing but its mostly an extra ability (=

Abemore

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2003, 01:18:04 am »
every player is a main character, a hero, and thus should have extremely heightened awareness by default.

Awaiting Invite from the Ordo Illuminatis.

Before you criticize someone, remember to walk a mile in their shoes...
...then when you criticize them, you\'ll be a mile away ...and you\'ll have their shoes.

Shinji

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2003, 04:52:23 pm »
I think what we should avoid is having too many traits to upgrade etc. Take Era Online for example, I use to play it, it was kind of.. a bunch of junk. Anyways, there was a trait for almost everything. Making each one of those traits strong took forever just to complete one simple task!

Aramys

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2003, 03:38:58 am »
When a Character is Pickpocketed then the ensueing check to see if the Thief is noticed should be based on the thiefs Dexterity/Pickpocketing skill and the PickPocketee\'s Wisdom/awareness

Kixie

• Veteran
  • I chase the moon, liquour, cars and women.
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2003, 09:05:58 pm »
hmm im not a fan of pickpocketing, i hope that pickpocketing doesnt become a huge thing. Or at least it is very hard to gain levels in...