Author Topic: Potential system  (Read 607 times)

Pheonix

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Potential system
« on: July 25, 2003, 06:39:45 am »
There is develiping game called Illarion, in which pking would have to be your intent.
Let me clarify, when two people fight each other one or possible both of them (depending on certain factors of the fight ie, poison, magical effects) would be rendered unconcious. They would lie there for a period of time unless they were healed, while they are lying there their body is available for looting.  In order to pk you would have to target the unconcious body and attack again.

I propose we use a similar system, with the additions of
Looters get penalized, IE higher good npc\'s charging higher prices, a period where they may be looted without penalty, and if they loot enough then they should be allowed to be pked without penalty. Attention could be given to them by bounties being placed on their heads.

Giving people the ability to loot without having to kill should cut down on a lot of pking as you wont really gain anything by killing a player

Pk\'s should be available to loot and kill without penalty.

This system would be nice in that looters and pkers would have to lay low if they wanted to survive, and they would have to go after people who were alone unless they were extremely strong. By offering players the abillity to loot, and kill, it would encourage players to stick together for safety and potentially build up the rp environment.

A side note on looting, they should not be able to take all your items/armor/weapons perhaps as Tibia does the player should lose everything in their bag and possibly a random item they were wearing.

Uuma quena en\'mani lle ume (ri\'mani lle umaya). (Uma ta ar\'lava ta quena ten\'irste\'.)

JOIN BISM    
Hunters of Hel    

Drilixer

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2003, 04:03:14 pm »
so you want a subdual damage system with the addition of an optional coup de gras - I don\'t understand how this would stop griefers though

Pheonix

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2003, 04:33:03 pm »
It wouldnt stop them, persay.

However since they could be killed without penalty, and after a point the players would gain bonuses i.e. bounties, they would be hunted by players and have to stay away from larger cities.

This is going on the assumtion that the majority of the community will be anti-pk if they arent then pking will run wild.

Uuma quena en\'mani lle ume (ri\'mani lle umaya). (Uma ta ar\'lava ta quena ten\'irste\'.)

JOIN BISM    
Hunters of Hel    

Shinji

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2003, 06:15:01 pm »
Hmn. Well, if that was the case then I\'d suppose it would work, as newbies don\'t usually carry items worth being looted. Though, I agree with Drix that this wouldn\'t stop griefers at all.. Maybe a bounty system could be implemented? Though.. the problem with bounties is that when you kill someone on a MMORPG they come back.. I think it would work though, such as:
A PKer kills someone.
In return, the PKer loots the body.
However, the PKer\'s \"bounty\" would be raised.
This bounty would consisty of either experience or coins (maybe a combination of both).

Though, this gives rise to possible exploits, such as raising your bounty then having friends kill you over and over again..

Kuiper7986

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2003, 12:03:12 pm »
Man, keep the pk\'ing to an arena, stadium, colessium, or something, I mean this game wasn\'t based on Pk\'ing or so I believe.

If you wanted to fight in an arena then you\'d have to register with the arena to make a time frame for your fight and if you have to wait a few months so be it.

I hate it when pk\'ers think they\'re all bad and say, \"I\'m gonna kill you little noobie.\"
« Last Edit: July 26, 2003, 12:03:41 pm by Kuiper7986 »
My name is NOT pronounced, \"Kway-per,\" it\'s pronounced \"Kye-per.\"

tygerwilde

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2003, 01:36:30 pm »
heh, I think I know a way to put a damper on all griefers. base all bonuses and penalties on lvl or equivalence differences. using your system, say a lvl 50 kills a lvl 50. he loots the corpse of a selection of it\'s objects, and a bounty is placed on his head. however, a lvl 100 kills a lvl 1, the body carries no loot whatsoever, a HUGE bounty is placed on his head, and he\'s flagged to be killed or ignored by every NPC in the game, even theives don\'t trust him, kinda like a child molester in prison, the most hated person on the cellblock...
we are the music-makers, we are the dreamers of dreams - Gene Wilder as willy wonka

Johnny Depp\'s a poser to the throne. No one will ever play the part as well as Gene Wilder