Author Topic: I know your gonna hate me for this  (Read 502 times)

Tinniez

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
I know your gonna hate me for this
« on: August 23, 2003, 05:09:06 am »
I think the everquest method of dealing of PK and PvP is great. They have servers that are PvP and servers that arent but they have arenas where you can battle eachother. On PvP servers when you kill someone you can loot there money and 2 items.

derwoodly

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2003, 04:31:44 am »
I am glad you liked it.  I think you might be in the minority since there was only one true PvP server and 20 or more blue servers.

I only got to level 16 or 18 on the EQ Rallos Zek server.  I did enjoy the PvP when it was an even fight, but that was most offen not the case.

It is possible to buff lower level players with very high level spells to the point that he/she is invincible to players their level.

And, I really hate the EQ blindness spell.  That one sucked even on the blue server duels.  I don\'t mind being blinded, but I should be able to see the chat window, and my health bar.

Most of my deaths and the ones I saw were from players amushing other players after they had been soloing.  Groups are not safe either due to the level restrictions your highest level group member can be picked off by a player who is 3 levels higher.  For example if you have fours players in a group and one of them is level 15 and the others are 14 and lower, a 18 level Wizzard will nuke him flat right in front of you and loot his corpse and the rest of the party can not do a thing.

Xordan

• Crystal Space Developer
  • Forum Addict
  • For God and the Empire
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2003, 05:55:55 am »
The only good solution would be to have either areas in the land, e.g outside a city, where pk\'ing is enabled. Or use the Neverwinter Night style Pk\'ing rules, where both players have to set their status to each other to hostile to be able to fight.

derwoodly

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2003, 09:53:11 pm »
What I said earlier is outdated.  I have not played in a while.  I understand that EQ has a race vs race, something like realm vs realm on DAoC.  I have never tried it.  My point is still the same. EQ is EQ because of the blue servers.  They make up the vast majority of the servers.