Author Topic: Why have we got this problem?  (Read 1563 times)

AendarCallenlasse

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2003, 03:21:56 pm »
Mobs are there to balance it out.  It gives those who want to do nothing but kill a chance to do that.  But when you add PKing then all you do is turn people against each other and you get griefers.  Besides the way it is set up with guild wars is great, what better way to resolve problems then two guilds slaughtering each other?

Only n00bs don't quote themselves...
<Aendar>...

Zakynthos

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2003, 07:36:52 pm »
How would the guild wars start?  A rough game of cards or insults directed to people\'s family members?

I\'m not going to spend much time at this at all, because there will never be a 100% satisfied player base when it comes to the subject of PvP (or Anything really).

I actually don\'t know what the specific genre plan is for PS.  But there wouldn\'t be a PvP discussion forum if there weren\'t any plans for PvP at all.  Theres many approaches to it and they have already been stated.  Full PvP, Arena PvP, Optional PvP, Character Selection (PvP or not PvP permanently).

Let\'s face it, if this game is aiming for realism, full PvP is the most realistic aspect with a controlled system.

I could walk up to any of you and shoot you with my shotgun, but it\'s not like there are no consequences for doing so.  You have to make people AFRAID to attack other players, so only the bravest (or the people with the lowest IQ\'s) attempt it.  The NPC Guard idea is already used, already suggested, and always capable.  But usually it\'s not well enforced in games, and it\'s never much good once characters start getting really strong, (and they just beat around the law like ragdolls).

I salute you if you can single-handedly stage a riot against an entire city\'s law force. ;)
Zakynthos the Wannabe Teacher

Leader of the Renegades - Coming soon!

_Yuhevon_

• Traveller
    • View Profile
All you have to do is...
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2003, 01:09:47 am »
Make an arena for PvP only. You mustn\'t have PvP on at all times. This would cause major problems for people that are smithing, or leveling other skills. There could also be a way where there is an arena, plus way beyond the town gates there could be a wilderness where it is PvP and PvE also. Just thought I\'d try and help out : ). Guild Wars on the other hand should be dealt with militarily. Outposts could be bought. Big Weapons could be bought also. There could be a big open field where its just a massive PvP fight to the death and the  last standing wins his guild the victory. The players should not lose all of their equipment, but should lose 1 item at random of their inventory, this item then going to the winning guild\'s armory. I wish this could happen and there could be many ways of improving it... As for how guild wars start, someone could say... \"Yo, Mama.\" and there we have it. That is how PS will have its race and guild wars. :D lol. Alright.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2003, 01:11:44 am by _Yuhevon_ »
-Yuhevon       Strength and Wisdom of the Fire

AendarCallenlasse

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2003, 01:00:30 pm »
But there wouldn\'t be a PvP discussion forum if there weren\'t any plans for PvP at all.

The reason this forum exists, is because everyone got sick of reading threads about PKing.  So the mods decided to put it in it\'s own forum so if you didn\'t want to see it you wouldn\'t have to.  And they do have plans for PK.  Guild wars, arenas, and special PK zones.  That\'s it.[/COLOR]

Only n00bs don't quote themselves...
<Aendar>...

druke

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2003, 04:54:26 pm »
^^^
what that person said

my how times have changed.....

Maldore

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2003, 01:27:20 pm »
back to the original msg, ive posted on another similar post, but reading the idea of a grievance system sounds like it could work quite well...after all, if i was a shop keeper and a murderer walked into my shop id tell him to walk back out.....unless he wanted i bigger sword :P
No One Dies A Virgin, Cos In The End Life F**ks Us All!