Author Topic: This is our turf!!!  (Read 947 times)

Monkey_Catcher

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
This is our turf!!!
« on: September 08, 2003, 06:41:43 am »
I hope theres a pk system where inside guilds or near guilds and clans which is in another guild could attack or be attacked so then it will have a more territorial feel. And this also allows guild clans raid other guilds.

Xordan

• Crystal Space Developer
  • Forum Addict
  • For God and the Empire
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2003, 10:01:41 am »
There will be a guild vs guild system put in.

Monkey_Catcher

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2003, 03:05:20 am »
will the guild vs guild system allow u to attack the otha player without him accepting to fight

Abemore

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2003, 06:06:54 am »
yes.
that\'s what guild vs guild is.

Awaiting Invite from the Ordo Illuminatis.

Before you criticize someone, remember to walk a mile in their shoes...
...then when you criticize them, you\'ll be a mile away ...and you\'ll have their shoes.

Aramys

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2003, 03:32:22 am »
Wouldnt this lead to slaughter against the lower strength/newer guilds from the more Malicious stronger/older ones?

Kixie

• Veteran
  • I chase the moon, liquour, cars and women.
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2003, 08:56:52 pm »
hehe so thats how revolutions happen. The smaller less suspecting guild somehow against all odds kills a bigger guild starting a golden age in the game... hehe thats why PKing is so important to me

AendarCallenlasse

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2003, 01:21:25 am »
That\'s why most games require you to be a certain level in order to start a guild, otherwise there would be a lot of small weak ones running around.  But since PS isn\'t level-based that kind of system would be hard to implement.  I think guild should have to be approved by the devs to be created, that way guilds would be able to be more involved in the political and historical aspect of the game.  

Only n00bs don't quote themselves...
<Aendar>...

elscouta

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2003, 03:04:14 pm »
Originally posted by AendarCallenlasse
I think guild should have to be approved by the devs to be created

Aren\'t they? I read that a guild needs the following things to be created:
- 10 member
- an unique leader
- devs approving

About the subject, i think that weak players (that don\'t want to fight) are not forced to join a weak guild. And if they join a really strong  guild (or stay non-aligned -> no risk), i think high-level members of the guild will protect the weak one.
High Loremaster of the Arcane Order.

AendarCallenlasse

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2003, 07:21:39 pm »
Well as it stands, they aren\'t focusing on anything like guilds so who knows what the final release will include.  But yes they have posted general guidelines for guilds but there are so many guilds out now that it is pretty insane.  I think that only a few should exist, covering issues like class and race, or political standing rather than hundreds of small loosely based ones.

Only n00bs don't quote themselves...
<Aendar>...

Zakynthos

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2003, 07:47:30 pm »
Or set in stone an exact number of guilds that can exist?  Or at least exist per region of the game? (So lets say, 2-4 guilds per city).

The guilds could be disbanded, leadership can be overthrown, but the actual number of guilds would remain very constant.
Zakynthos the Wannabe Teacher

Leader of the Renegades - Coming soon!

Maldore

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2003, 01:34:11 pm »
it would be good if you could have a revolution within a guild..a leader being overthrown and outcasted..sounds like the conservative party (uk) :P
No One Dies A Virgin, Cos In The End Life F**ks Us All!

Natrina

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • The Dark Empire
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2003, 01:26:34 pm »
I hope guild war are exposed to the public (lol) so that we could see, and learn maybe, the tatics of each guild, and who knows? Maybe grabb that pretty sword in the battle field? :D
 No, I don\'t think revolutions should be in, cause Im a guild leader and I totaly don\'t want to be overthroned :P

"I had a dream of a Golden Darkness."
Guild Leader of The Imperial Trades.
Hail the Dark Empire

mucera

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2003, 08:37:31 am »
i actually think its a good idea to have giuldwars and in guild revolutions since a guidleader is not immune to insanity or a suuden lnging for beeing almighty.if the guildleader himself acts against the guildrules the council should overthrone him and vote a new leader.
in that case the old leader should be marked as an outcast,maybe through public announcement.:)
i think regulating the nr of guilds in unnecessary.the market regulates itself^^
as long as it isnt like in other games where you create your char and after 10 min on you have 3 guildinvitations.
guilds should be stable more or less with strict rules of whom to take.also merchants should that are not guildless should not sell to other powerful guilds and at lowprice to smaller guilds to maybe ake them allies and eventually just incorporate them.
just a thought^^
when the wise man points at the moon,the ignorant looks at his finger.