Author Topic: Just leave Pk'ing in the arena  (Read 1470 times)

Kuiper7986

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Just leave Pk'ing in the arena
« on: September 16, 2003, 05:47:10 pm »
I for one am against Pk\'ing...all it does is cause grief. People start killing other people just for loot is wrong. I mean if I work hard to get a good sword, I don\'t want some dumb pk\'er steal all my sword after all that hard work. All pk\'ers want to do is loot items from other people because they can\'t commit the time and effort to get that item, they all can say, \"Oh, but it\'s more realistic ,\" but it doesn\'t matter they can say anything, when it comes down to it, they just want to loot people. Just leave Pk\'ing to the arenas or colesseums.

I know I seem very one-sided about this and I honestly don\'t care because it\'s my opinion. I also don\'t care if all the pk\'ers in the world hate me. I\'m against all forms of pk\'ing except in Arenas or Colesseums where they are closely overlooked by other players and/or NPCs.

P.S: Sorry if I spelled Colesseums wrong.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2003, 05:54:39 pm by Kuiper7986 »
My name is NOT pronounced, \"Kway-per,\" it\'s pronounced \"Kye-per.\"

Wedge

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2003, 05:50:34 pm »
OK that\'s nice, that\'s why there would have to be a system that highly discourages it and makes it very likely someone that does so will have harsh penalties.  Basically the odds of a PK\'er getting caught would be very high, and anything they looted would be returned to the person they looted in from.  It should be allowed because you should be free to live as you wish.  Just make it really hard on someone that does, coz\' that\'s what should happen to a murderer.
Ninjas have feelings too.  Mostly they feel like dancing.

sashok

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2003, 06:07:44 pm »
yes, it would definately be wrong if pkers just kill  you for the sword that you worked for. And yes, your ideas is very onesided.  That\'s why everyone is trying to work out the best PK system.  I personally don\'t like the idea of JUST arenas.  there should be duels, or as Abemore I think proposed \"pushes\", where if somebody pushes you, you have an option to fight this guy or decline.  I also proposed idea bout stealing involving Pking.  In my idea of theiving I think PKing would only work to minimize the grief lol.  you would say, how is that possible, well try to read it urself.

Kuiper7986

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2003, 06:13:12 pm »
ya okay, how about if he kept pushing you and wouldn\'t stop bugging you until you fought him. So is he just going to \"push you,\" indefinitely? A duel is a one on one fight. So in a arena you can fight one on one...
« Last Edit: September 16, 2003, 06:14:13 pm by Kuiper7986 »
My name is NOT pronounced, \"Kway-per,\" it\'s pronounced \"Kye-per.\"

sashok

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2003, 08:44:59 pm »
well, how about making an interval between pushes :P

Wedge

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2003, 08:55:58 pm »
An arena is a place for duels, but what if you don\'t wanna do it in an arena?  It\'s not always going to be convenient to the siutation, and I\'d think a duel at the edge of a cliff or something would be much cooler.  Consensual duals should be allowed to be setup anywhere, but I thought that was already a given.  As for that push thing, being abused, just make it work with the /ignore command.
Ninjas have feelings too.  Mostly they feel like dancing.

Silvereign

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2003, 02:32:08 am »
We could always start our own police force. \"Join the Silver Legion!\" It has been done before, and it has been done succesfully.

\"The truth is nothing more then a certain simple thought, which you may think of as true.\"

Xordan

• Crystal Space Developer
  • Forum Addict
  • For God and the Empire
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2003, 11:46:20 am »
The whole point of PS is a community game. U should find people to go around with, which will discourage people from pk\'ing you. I don\'t think PK should be restricted just to arena.

Abemore

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2003, 02:47:26 pm »
With all the bright people around here, I\'m sure we could come up with a pk system everyone can agree upon.  We would just need a mass discussion with all the points and concerns addressed.  Not arguing, but a collaborative effort.

Awaiting Invite from the Ordo Illuminatis.

Before you criticize someone, remember to walk a mile in their shoes...
...then when you criticize them, you\'ll be a mile away ...and you\'ll have their shoes.

sashok

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2003, 04:29:26 pm »
Originally posted by Abemore
With all the bright people around here, I\'m sure we could come up with a pk system everyone can agree upon.  We would just need a mass discussion with all the points and concerns addressed.  Not arguing, but a collaborative effort.

heh, I see you starting to change your mind? consider different options?

I think I heard a lot of scenarios when horrible grief is caused with pk, but somethings gotta be done that would minimize grief, but not necessarily get rid of it.  

For one, there should be a limit what pker can take from a corpse.  Somebody proposed the system where kill rating will move you from innocent to murderer.  Well, what if make let\'s say...

innocent, those who had no pk in past can loot anything on the corpse, moderate can only take items(not equipped) and up to some money.  Murderes can only take very little money. and hardcore pkers cannot take anything from a corpse.

I know it limits the realism, but it will discourage a lot of pointless pks

Harwen

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2003, 07:46:25 pm »
Hey, how about just a battle REQUEST? I mean what is so bad about me asking you to fight me and you either accepting or rejecting. Pking shouldn\'t be forced, but it\'s optional and agreed upon by both sides? Really what is the problem with this?

People, think, comprimise, in the middle make both sides a little bit happy.

Kixie

• Veteran
  • I chase the moon, liquour, cars and women.
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2003, 09:03:12 pm »
NOOO! please im begging you not to think this way... at the least we should have experimental betas having different PK rules! (see xordans post) You never really know but i defenally think having a barbaric set of rules that if someone dies they have huge penalties, maybe alot of good would happen. If there were huge casualties for dieing maybe there wouldnt be as much killing because killing could be a huge gamble. Maybe you might try PKing and love it like green eggs and ham! You never really know and this is the type of game to find out on! 8)

craxy

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
I have an idea
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2003, 01:55:44 pm »
I have a good idea, how about people at a certain lvl can attack other chars.

Maldore

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2003, 01:37:17 pm »
wow..so many posts on this..pk\'in is an integral part of a good mmorpg..it adds community spirit in the sense ppl will unite against the pk\'ers, the pk\'ers in turn will unite so u get a sort of civil war which leads to the political part of the game...the overthrowing of governments...the links to pk\'ing are endless
No One Dies A Virgin, Cos In The End Life F**ks Us All!

Natrina

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • The Dark Empire
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2003, 05:34:54 pm »
I once saw this mmorpg where PK got \"marked\" in gray or something, that told the other players that he was a looter, it was ok to PK, but if you stole the weapons or anything else from the corpse you where a criminal, and killing you wouldnt be a crime :P Something like this could be implemented here...

"I had a dream of a Golden Darkness."
Guild Leader of The Imperial Trades.
Hail the Dark Empire