Author Topic: Guild wars and mass attacking  (Read 951 times)

Evanchild

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Guild wars and mass attacking
« on: October 28, 2003, 09:48:10 pm »
Will this be enabled like if a guild declares melee on another they can just pk for 1 death.  that would promote guilds and wars between them.
teenmethod
Freelancing.  Looking for a home.

Kixie

• Veteran
  • I chase the moon, liquour, cars and women.
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2003, 09:04:38 pm »
1. we dont really know (only the devs know)

2. I think the combat should be completely open and you should be able to attack anyone at anytime. :))

Zakynthos

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2003, 07:42:15 pm »
*crosses fingers* Come oooon guild hall sieges... :)
Zakynthos the Wannabe Teacher

Leader of the Renegades - Coming soon!

Vengeance

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2003, 08:28:04 pm »
As countless other PvP threads have said, there will be four kinds of PvP in PS.

a) Duels (consensual combat)
b) Guild wars (consensual combat agreed to by guild leaders and FFA till one surrenders)
c) Arenas for PvP testing and tourneys.
d) PvP areas of the world with players getting quests assigned that are in opposition to one another.

There  I have repeated myself again.  I will post this yet again after no less than three months of people asking the same questions.

- V

AendarCallenlasse

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2003, 03:26:44 pm »
I have a question about guild wars.  If characters are respawned after death, how will the guild war end?  I mean in theory the guilds come continue fighting forever until they get bored.  Maybe once a person is killed in a guiild war then they cannot participate in it again.

Only n00bs don't quote themselves...
<Aendar>...

Jessyn

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2003, 03:33:00 pm »
a question about the guild wars.... Could I fight alongside a guild if I wasn\'t in the guild, merely declared a temporary ally for the duration of the war?  or would it just be easier to join the guild for the duration?

Jessyn
Most things in life operate, not on reality, but the perception of reality.  

Xalthar

• Forum Addict
  • Tisfjæsing.
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2003, 09:28:17 am »
Originally posted by AendarCallenlasse
I have a question about guild wars.  If characters are respawned after death, how will the guild war end?  I mean in theory the guilds come continue fighting forever until they get bored.  Maybe once a person is killed in a guiild war then they cannot participate in it again.

sounds like a cool idea, or perhaps just give players a certain amount of lives, based on their rank within the guild, and let them fight that many times in the war, before being denied access to pvp...

Xordan

• Crystal Space Developer
  • Forum Addict
  • For God and the Empire
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2003, 11:24:47 am »
hmm, so like a tournament? U have a certain amount of fights, and if u win 1, then u continue, if u lose a certain amount, u\'r out. Only the strongest will survive.

AHHH MY SIG!!!!!!  8o
« Last Edit: November 05, 2003, 11:25:45 am by Xordan »

Jaxan

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2003, 05:48:44 pm »
a question about the guild wars.... Could I fight alongside a guild if I wasn\'t in the guild, merely declared a temporary ally for the duration of the war? or would it just be easier to join the guild for the duration?

I belong to a group of mercenaries, and since its a guild, we could probably just ally with our employer. It is a good question for solo mercs though... I\'d guess you would temporally ally somehow, but that\'s up to the devs.

AendarCallenlasse

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2003, 11:10:30 pm »
Well I think it should still be a free-for-all battle, not really a tournament.  I think it would be cool to just let two guilds go all out against each other.

Only n00bs don't quote themselves...
<Aendar>...

Yarulion

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2003, 11:48:11 pm »
I\'m gonna have to agree with Aendar. I\'ve been on lots of PK games, and PK can get annoying, especially with randoming, but I can see the upsides and downsides.

Perhaps the guilds could have zones around their property in which they were not safe? Members could have their free-for-all and still have non-PVP or \"safe\" areas. Another thing is maybe guilds involved in wars could have guild-accessible-only PVP areas, or some non-PVP would become PVP. I don\'t know how feasible any of that is. Just my two cents cos I\'m bored :)
Firiath! ?-idhren! ?-vatha i brestanneth?
Ir tolthach e-m?r, dangweth avo telitha anech!
Man agorathach?
Ir m?r dhanna, gostathach di-nguruthos!

The Alliance of Carceri[/SIZE]

dorbian

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Yeah no not for me that is...
    • View Profile
    • Mindless Insanity
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2003, 04:01:31 am »
pvp should be done in arena\'s and maybe in bar\'s because you can have a bar fight ( except for kada\'s tavern i don\'t want her tavern to crash )

Natrina

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • The Dark Empire
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2003, 05:50:04 pm »
Hey! Bar fights! The image of druken players fighting is so sweet :D But in that case, the bar owner should decide if there should or not to be fights.

"I had a dream of a Golden Darkness."
Guild Leader of The Imperial Trades.
Hail the Dark Empire