Author Topic: "Name is in reserved database" problem  (Read 643 times)

Bhasmithal

• Traveller
    • View Profile
"Name is in reserved database" problem
« on: January 03, 2005, 02:16:10 pm »
Hello everybody,

I tried to upgrade my character from MB to CB but when I click on \"Next\" on the first page it says \"Name is in reserved database\". Wel... I know it is reserved because it\'s mine! I looked out at the e-mail and the password but they are correct and the problem does not seem to come from here.

Please could someone help, because I can\'t use my character. ;(

Moogie

• Forum Legend
  • Artist/Flash Animator
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2005, 04:04:33 pm »
Have you previously reserved it? You then need to create an account and validate it, then create your character with the same firstname in the game.

Bhasmithal

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2005, 05:05:13 pm »
Yes, I have reserved it by clicking on the link the Planeshift server mailed me. But it still doesn\'t want to accept it.

I have created an account and I named the character: [my_old_name] [a_last_name]. It still says: \"Name is in reserved database\".

What should I do? ?(
« Last Edit: January 03, 2005, 05:05:40 pm by Bhasmithal »

Bhasmithal

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2005, 05:33:47 am »
I have created another character, but I still have the same problem with Bhasmithal.

Could someone help me? Because this character is an upgrade I really would like to play with it.

Moogie

• Forum Legend
  • Artist/Flash Animator
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2005, 09:37:44 am »
What do you mean by \"I clicked the link but it didn\'t want to accept it\"?

You must make sure you validate your account, entering the correct password etc, on the webpage. Only then will it let you create the character with that name ingame.

Bhasmithal

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2005, 01:06:09 pm »
Excuse me to have badly expressed myself. I wanted to say by \"I clicked the link but it didn\'t want to accept it\" that it does not accept my name when I click on the \"Next\" button when I am creating a new character.

In fact I CAN log in with my e-mail and my password, there is no problem here. Then I create a new character and I type \"Bhasmithal\" for the first name, and another name for the last name. I chose my race and I click on \"Next\". And here the problem appears: \"Name is in reserved database\".

Grrr! What should I do?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2005, 01:06:55 pm by Bhasmithal »

Bhasmithal

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2005, 08:13:20 am »
Up!

Sorry about that. But because my character is a guild leader, I MUST have it back.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2005, 08:13:35 am by Bhasmithal »