Author Topic: Missing Chat tabs  (Read 2841 times)

Akeera

• Traveller
    • View Profile
main chat overdose
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2011, 10:12:07 am »
Is there a way to tell the chat-system: "display only main chat in the main chat tab"? It's so annoying/confusing to have EVERYTHING in the main chat tab: gossips, systems, auctions, whispers...

Minks

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Missing Chat tabs
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2011, 10:26:35 am »
Options -> Interface -> chat-tabs, remove everything you don't want in main.

The most important thing is to turn off the pesky basic chat window and then restart PS to apply the changes.

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
  • Chars: Morwen and Gartheiz
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2011, 10:57:52 am »
nvm
Disclaimer: This is my opinion and I can be reasoned with. I'm probably right, though.

Join the Dark Empire!

weltall

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://weltall.heliohost.org
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2011, 12:59:22 pm »
well yes that's what mirc does it's even worse :P on horizontal tabs you aren't assured the length while on vertical you are assured around 20px. anyway this is about irc clients where you might have way more channels (i've like 50 open so the horizontal tabs take too much space).
As for the game you can do those things in any way you wish you can also put some tabs over and some under right now. or even put them around the window theoretically

Akeera

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2011, 01:35:25 pm »
Options -> Interface -> chat-tabs, remove everything you don't want in main.

OMG, I used that menu countless times but after your posting I first recognized that it's titled "Main tab" above the checkboxes >o)

citizen

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2013, 05:10:39 pm »
Seems no other has problem with subject, but it drives me crazy now. I simply can not switch from basic chat tabs to have at least guild one too. I checked all needed tabs in the right column, saved it but after restart no change. I tried to install PS as user and with admin rights too, running it as user and admin too, installed it  into different drives even into the users home dir, in that last case not even starts. Any idea much appreciated.

Jawir

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2013, 04:42:06 am »
One simple thing: did you tried to resize the chat window? Sometime it's too little to show all the tabs and when you resize it you could discover you have all the tabs needed.

citizen

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2013, 11:05:22 am »
Yes, i tried, no change of course because after restart same config awaits me as before changing and saving it.

Venalan

• Global Moderator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2013, 05:26:37 pm »
With the new client there is no longer any need to restart the client as the 'basic chat window' tick box and function has been removed. All you need to do is just need to pick the tabs you want to show and click save. I would suggest making sure you are using the new 0.6 client, downloading the new 0.6 installation files and installing a fresh client would be the best idea.

citizen

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2013, 06:31:53 am »
Thanks for the tips but a few times downloaded and installed 0.6 and even deleted user data dir too. When i check the needed tabs and click save the whole chat window resets its position and no change in the shown tabs even if i try to resize it. If open the options window again the checks are still in place,  just the new tabs are not appear in the chat window.

Jawir

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2013, 07:06:58 am »
Which skin are you using? Perhaps it's broken... try with the Elves skin if you are using another one.

citizen

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2013, 08:52:06 am »
Yep, tried that too, i always used elves, no luck. Probably something with this win7 is wrong.

novacadian

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2013, 11:08:31 am »
Yep, tried that too, i always used elves, no luck. Probably something with this win7 is wrong.

My win7 gaming machine handles the chat tabs perfectly.

citizen

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2013, 01:59:56 pm »
My desktop PC also handles it perfectly, only this notebook behaves this way.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2013, 03:33:26 pm »
Well, then, which graphic chipset does this notebook use? (Check your Device Manager or use analysis tools like HWiNFO.)

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty