Author Topic: Crash right after world loads. tried Every suggested fix.  (Read 708 times)

Elzebaat

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Hello. I am trying to play on OSX Mavericks. I have tried every suggested fix, including modifying the texture compression line, disabling sound, adding the lines for ATI, and still as SOON as the world loads and i see my character standing before me, the game crashes. Please help, as I was a long time player on Window, several years ago, and am Dying to return to Planeshift on my new macbook. BTW i have used the Repair option in the launcher and have updated to the latest client as well. I was able to create a character, but cant play her. i tried to include the error report i am receiving, but it wouldnt let me as it causes the post to exceed the maximum number of characters.
(Modified:) forgot to add that my OS version is OS X 10.9.4 (13E28)
and my graphics card is an Intel HD Graphics 4000

i can provide it if needed.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 10:52:07 pm by Elzebaat »

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Crash right after world loads. tried Every suggested fix.
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 02:32:01 am »
It may not help much; but you can upload a log to any "pastebin service" (Wikipedia has a good list of such) and post the link here. There are some which forget the paste after a while and allow to highlight suspicious lines, e.g. http://paste.frubar.net

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Roled

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 02:35:38 am »
Elzebaat, first welcome! I hope things get going for you.  I am no techie but in my experience, the Intel graphics drivers just don't work well with PS, ever. I had to buy a whole new laptop, a toshiba, to get my graphics to show up.  In older versions, with the help of Talad, he found some drivers that did work, but not well- I always had to run everything at the least levels of clarity to even see.

Not to be totally fatalistic about it- there are others here who are tech geniuses who will help you as much as they can. I am no techie but that's been my experience, the intel chips!!! Good luck!!!
"RR is a PieSexual" ~ Monala

Dannae

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2014, 11:18:06 am »
Hi Elzebaat! Sorry you are having trouble, but don't listen to those that say your Mac won't work. I have one like yours and it works perfectly fine. I've played a lot of years now on quite a few different Macs and every one has run this game amazingly well with almost never a problem even using high settings for graphics, sound, and weather.

I'm sure I could help. PM me here if you still want to try.

If I get you going, the cost will be joining DOX guild... kidding  ;D
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 11:24:05 am by Dannae »

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2014, 11:59:42 am »
- Open Shell
- Go to your Applications folder -> PlaneShift
- Right click psclient.app
- "Show package contents"
- Navigate to Contents -> MacOS
- Drag 'n drop psclient_static to your Shell window
- Tap Enter, and wait
- Once PS loads, and then crashes, look around for an error message. Copy and paste it here, shouldn't be too long and it'll be very concise.

If this helped, the fee is joining the House DeFaye ;P

EDIT: for example, check out this crash message.

Mon Jul 14 19:10:32 2014, <src/common/paws/pawsimagedrawable.cpp:69 PreparePixmap SEVERE>
Mon Jul 14 19:10:32 2014, Could not open image: >Accepted Background<
Mon Jul 14 19:10:32 2014, Mon Jul 14 19:10:32 2014, ART ERROR: PawsTextureManager wasn't able to load the requested image: Accepted Background
Segmentation fault: 11
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 12:15:36 pm by MishkaL1138 »

"It's all fun and games until someone stabs someone else in the eye."