Author Topic: Buggy quarterstaff: solved (I think)  (Read 855 times)

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
Buggy quarterstaff: solved (I think)
« on: August 03, 2014, 10:54:26 pm »
So, I was fooling around, and I equipped another quarterstaff  X-/  But I thought "What if..." and started dropping quarterstaves. I had 12, minus one I equipped... But I dropped 12 in total! Can someone confirm this?

"It's all fun and games until someone stabs someone else in the eye."

bilbous

Re: Buggy quarterstaff: solved (I think)
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2014, 11:17:36 pm »
this worked for me. the qstaff needs to inhabit both hands showing the icon in each. A new command should be made /(d)equip hands to empty or fill both at once. If you are going to do that it would be nice to have another for /(d)equip armor. Both these commands could be used to equip sets. Two handed weapons or two weapons of the exact same type as well as a full set of enchanted or otherwise identically named armor. drifting off topic now.

bbPandass

• Traveller
  • & That is physics.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 08:55:37 am »
this worked for me. the qstaff needs to inhabit both hands showing the icon in each. A new command should be made /(d)equip hands to empty or fill both at once. If you are going to do that it would be nice to have another for /(d)equip armor. Both these commands could be used to equip sets. Two handed weapons or two weapons of the exact same type as well as a full set of enchanted or otherwise identically named armor. drifting off topic now.

It really doesn't seem to go into either of the hand slots though... it's as if it slips up the a**... So now one as a stick up their.... Really am baffled at how to get it out... And apparently when there is a stick up your bum... You sadly receive no training in pole arm and spear and, are still yelled at by the guards... It's almost enough to make one appear.... well... As if they have a stick up their.....
No matter how long I have been around, I well Always be a nub.

Divod

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 11:36:54 am »
Use /dequip quarterstaff.

brassbender

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2014, 07:27:48 am »
seems still a bit buggy, I can only get rid of the equipped Quarterstaff by dropping it. And when I fight with the equipped quarterstaff, I gain exp. in melee.

Kaerli_Stronwylle

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2014, 12:51:35 pm »
seems still a bit buggy, I can only get rid of the equipped Quarterstaff by dropping it. And when I fight with the equipped quarterstaff, I gain exp. in melee.
Confirming that the equipped quarterstaff does not show up in one's hands, nor does it function mechanically as a weapon.  Also, out of the workarounds posted in this thread, only /drop works.

bilbous

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2014, 02:00:33 pm »
As far as I know pole weapons as a skill type are still not implemented. The quarterstaff used to give mace and hammer practice, I think, but perhaps that changed when those became craftable.

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2014, 03:35:54 am »
As far as I know pole weapons as a skill type are still not implemented. The quarterstaff used to give mace and hammer practice, I think, but perhaps that changed when those became craftable.

I remember Barike training polearms with staves once. Then again, I might be wrong.

"It's all fun and games until someone stabs someone else in the eye."