Author Topic: Raiding Parties  (Read 692 times)

Count

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Raiding Parties
« on: February 17, 2005, 06:01:06 pm »
I\'d like to make the following suggestion to allow raids later in the game:

The idea is that PCs can form raiding parties. These can be groups with many (let\'s say up to 100) player characters, but they can also be smaller.
As soon as they want to do a raid on a town or on other PCs, the leader activates a \"raiding mode\" for his group. As soon as this mode is activated, the members of the raiding party turn to \"raiders\" with the following effects:

1. Raiders can attack others (non-raiders) without having to challenge them, and others can attack the raiders.

2. All raiders are marked in a certain way, e.g. their names could turn red or so. NPC-Guards attack them.

3. When a raider is killed, he goes to Death Realm and loses his status as a raider. Additionally, he can\'t be a raider for some time, let\'s say an hour or so.

4. When a PC is killed by a raider, the PC is \"robbed\" by the raider, that means, the raider gets a copy of something his victim has. This should be money and/or a valuable item. Since PCs can\'t do anything against beeing attacked by raiders, they shouldn\'t lose anything, at least nothing really valuable.

5. When a PC kills a raider, he should get a reward, like fame points or something like that, and perhaps some money.

6. Raiders are able to rob houses or something like that, so that a raid on a town could be very profitable.

The raider status is turned off either if a raider gets killed or after some time, let\'s say an hour or something like that.

It should be discussed what could happen to the victims of a raider.
Shall they really lose nothing?
Do they go to Death Realm, or are they revived where they died after a short time, unable to take part in the fight that\'s going on between the raiders and their comrades?

What do you think about this suggestion and the questions?

elscouta

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2005, 07:49:15 am »
With such a system, any player could kill another only by switching on his \'raider\' tag.

For such a system to be used, raider should only harm NPCs and (imho) should be even restricted to quests or a some zones.
High Loremaster of the Arcane Order.

Icefalcon

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2005, 08:11:21 pm »
Or a raiding party could only be started with a minimum number of people in a group.

Soulless_Body

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2005, 04:23:04 am »
Man that would be so cool. And you could make the really good players guards. And they try and stop the raiders. But you make the guards a bit better then the raiders. Or you could make the guards NPCs?

You know like in FABLE?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2005, 04:23:52 am by Soulless_Body »

Click the link  and enter your pass, user name for loads of free tria and greats guides.
http://img335.imageshack.us/img335/1638/youare6ml.swf

Draklar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2005, 04:39:26 am »
Originally posted by Icefalcon
Or a raiding party could only be started with a minimum number of people in a group.
So you have 20 griefers ganging up to attack anyone who passes by :P
AKA Skald

ramlambmoo

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2005, 06:41:07 am »
Lmao, this is just a really bad way to implement free for all PvP... i just get my guild buddies, form a raiding party and bash unsuspecting people that happen to walk by... waaaaaaay to easy to exploit.

Also,
4. When a PC is killed by a raider, the PC is \"robbed\" by the raider, that means, the raider gets a copy of something his victim has. This should be money and/or a valuable item. Since PCs can\'t do anything against beeing attacked by raiders, they shouldn\'t lose anything, at least nothing really valuable.  

This also would be so easy to exploit- i just get 10 members or so of my guild in a raiding party, and get some other members of the guild to come and get killed- we all get copies of their stuff for free, and they dont lose anything.  So basically we just get free stuff.  Cool eh?

I really dont think this sort of system will ever be introduced.  Theres already enough resistance to people being able to randomly attack other people 1v1, so what chance is there allowing packs of 20 people to go around and do it?

Tarachnul

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2005, 06:53:51 am »
I really doubt this would be implemented it allows to much room for greifing i mean 100 people could just clump up in the road and block the route to ojaveda(then keep alternating who wa raiding nd who wasnt)

regards

-Tarach
Uuma quena en\'mani lle ume, ri\'mani lle umaya; uma ta ar\'lava ta quena ten\'irste\'  
(Speak not of what you have done, or what you are going to do; do it, and let it speak for itself)

Slagle

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Wow...thats stupid
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2005, 12:20:12 pm »
Raiders...

well I cant say how stupid I belive that is...I dont have all day...

Anyway, if you did have raiders they could just run in and kill all the new players, and keep doing it. and then the new players would be mad and not play planeshift. Also, if there is Raiding, the gaurds better be elite, because I know alot of strong players, that would most likely raid instead of defend.

Count

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2005, 02:36:42 pm »
Hmm... Seems there were some points I didn\'t think of.