Author Topic: well i really fight with my left hand ... but now i cant seem to ...  (Read 766 times)

dying_inside

anyone noticed that the stances are gone now ?  why ? what happened ? im gonna need those stances ! a kran seemingly cannot dodge without being in full defensive position and i am gonna need that to train my armor...  anyone have any information what happened to the stances after the update ?  

Drey

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2005, 04:13:54 am »
there are a few bugs in the system. i think that it is something to do with number recognition, same as why you cant roll dice good anymore.
<Rux> i wish i could say that narrows it down, but the internet is one freaky place

Lordbug

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Magic Mugs!
    • View Profile
    • Knowledge Seekers guild
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2005, 05:02:12 am »
About the left hand thingy... you always fight with both unless you have a shield in one hand, in that case the shielded hand doesn\'t cause any damage to the oponent. The animation shows you fighting with the left hand, but you\'re fighting with both really.

As for the stances, yes they are gone but it\'s because of a bug and they\'ll be back \"soon\"
"Lordbug" Dosaki, Chancellor of Knowledge Seekers Guild

Where does the PlaneShift Modding Community live nowadays?

dying_inside

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2005, 07:18:23 am »
Originally posted by Lordbug
About the left hand thingy... you always fight with both unless you have a shield in one hand, in that case the shielded hand doesn\'t cause any damage to the oponent. The animation shows you fighting with the left hand, but you\'re fighting with both really.

As for the stances, yes they are gone but it\'s because of a bug and they\'ll be back \"soon\"
oh right the title. yeah that is misleading . i  know about the hands thingy.  it was just a kind of innovative title .  i think i got it from some film somewhere....

Lordbug

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Magic Mugs!
    • View Profile
    • Knowledge Seekers guild
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2005, 08:31:34 am »
oh, lol... ok then :P
people have a strange thread titles...
"Lordbug" Dosaki, Chancellor of Knowledge Seekers Guild

Where does the PlaneShift Modding Community live nowadays?

Zan

• Veteran
  • Just a regular guy, with an irregular soul
    • View Profile
    • Photography
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2005, 11:23:13 am »
Originally posted by dying_inside
anyone noticed that the stances are gone now ?  why ? what happened ? im gonna need those stances ! a kran seemingly cannot dodge without being in full defensive position and i am gonna need that to train my armor...  anyone have any information what happened to the stances after the update ?  

I have a solution to the armor training problem. What you do is engage a weaker enemy and then stop attacking. The enemy should still keep hitting you but since you are not in a stance anymore you should block most, if not all attacks and train your armor much faster than in your normal stance. Hope that helps.

I do hope the stances come back quick though since it is now pure hack and slash without any strategy at all.
Zan Drithor, Member of the Vaalnor Council
Tyrnal Relhorn, Captain of the Vaalguard
Thromdir Shoake, Merchant
Giorn Kleaver, Miner.

Grayne Dholm, Follower of Dakkru

Minereoy

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2005, 01:52:38 pm »
What happens if you hold two sheilds? Do you still attack?

Zaxim

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2005, 02:16:10 pm »
I believe you do, but I\'m not sure if any damage is done...