Author Topic: I cannot do stuff because I have no experience whatsoever. I now deem  (Read 972 times)

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
This is probably the most stupid thing that has ever been posted on the forums, but I do not care, and will continue. I would really like to help the ps team, but I can\'t because I have no experience in anything, and am only a child. :(Doesn\'t that suck!

Karyuu

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2006, 07:27:19 pm »
It sucks that you posted this in Forum Issues ;)

Help out by playing the game and testing - you guys make everything else possible.
Judge: Are you trying to show contempt for this court, Mr Smith?
Smith: No, My Lord. I am attempting to conceal it.

defender43

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2006, 12:09:21 am »
Getting experience 101: Go down to the sewer and KO some rats martial-artist style.
\"Impossible is in the eye of the beholder.\" -- Laredo Silverspring.
\"Huh?\" -- Crimsonn Draycko.

Goldir

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2006, 01:44:00 am »
I think he meant \"experience\" in the real world sense.  Well bud, here are some suggestions in ways you can help the ps team.  

Do you like art?  As far as I know PS is always accepting 2d art submissions, both for fun, and for game development.  Also, if you know how to use a 3D art program, those can help as well.

Another thing that I am not as sure about is Story.  Study up on the Background/Roleplaying storylines and come up with some on your own.  If you talk with some of the people in the role playing forum I am sure some of them would be glad to help you write up some stories and such.

Lastly, just by playing PS you are helping out.  Planeshift is always under development and the only way the devs can find out what is wrong or get suggestions on how to improve is through \"testers\" like you.  If you find a bug, tell a GM or post it in bugtracker or the forums  (bugtracker first please).  If you think you may know a way to make play more enjoyable, post it in the gameplay forum and see what others think of it.  Who knows.  Your suggestion just may be one of the greatest changes ever made, but you have to get it out where people can hear it first.

Enjoy PS and thanks for participating!
"Citizens get the government they deserve.  If they want to be coddled and have everything handed to them and taken care of for them, they have no right to complain when all their individual rights and liberties are stripped away to make it happen"

DaveG

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2006, 05:42:04 pm »
First of all, the age thing:  that\'s not my call.  At this time, we\'re not accepting applications under the age of 18.  (It\'s useful for screening out quite alot of garbage apps, and there are very few under 18 who are qualified.  There are obviously people who should be exceptions, but at this point we\'re not worrying about it.)  Sorry, but you\'ll just have to re-apply in a few years.

When it comes to experience, this is where people get confused.  For the art, music, settings, and PR departments we want some listed experience and some way to judge if you\'re capable of doing the work.  We\'d like that for programming too, but we\'re far more lenient.  If you put down that you\'ve known C/C++ for at least a year or so, have played various RPGs (and list them), and list some sort of programming sample, that\'s enough for a start.  It\'s just that if you put down \"none\" in all 3 boxes (yes... many have done that), expect to get rejected outright.  If you know how to program, and give us some slight assurance that you\'re mildly competent, that\'s enough to give you a task.  From that point, it\'s all on you; we judge on how well (or if) you finish the given work.

::  PlaneShift Team Programmer  ::

minetus

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2006, 06:08:30 pm »
hi, i got a question about the contribution status, is there like a to do list for 2d/3d and music eaven settings lists?
if so how could one access this lists, and submit the work to one of the devs when finnished, for aproval?

Karyuu

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2006, 07:01:25 pm »
There are no public To-Do Lists, though there are several internal. If you want to contribute and get a task, apply to the team and mention in your application that you\'re just looking for a contributor status. However, your portfolio work has to be top-notch - it\'s a large task already to manage the WTB members, so contributors won\'t get as much attention unless they\'re really worth it.
Judge: Are you trying to show contempt for this court, Mr Smith?
Smith: No, My Lord. I am attempting to conceal it.