Author Topic: How does ps make $$$$$$??  (Read 4903 times)

alabamaangyl

• Traveller
  • Let the insanity begin...
    • View Profile
    • Alabama Angyl's Myspace profile
Re: How does ps make $$$$$$??
« Reply #90 on: July 03, 2006, 04:06:45 pm »
Zen is talking about in-game money, I assume... but it's still farfetched... Runescape simply doesn't allow that sort of thing now. Not since the crackdown some months ago, anway. They have, if you would read their site, programs put into place to catch such activity. If your friend hasn't been banned yet, they are probably watching him to find out who is selling him the items/cash for real world money.

Shadow Hea is right. 99% of rs players, and players in general for that matter, do not cheat by buying items/money with realworld money. It's clear that some of us cannot agree on this subject, however... my opinion is that anyone who does so, really doesn't want to play the game in the spirit in which it was created.

In the end, it's a game, and more importantly, games are created for roleplay purposes... and for FUN! :) It's not a race to see who can get everything in the game the fastest. What would you do if you could buy your way into a game like that? There would be nothing left to do, and you would miss the satisfaction you get from earning the money for that rare item yourself.

I hope this post made sense... I'm under the infuence of nyquil and other cold meds I can't believe I'm gonna be sick for the 4th of July! :(
~ Alabama Angyl ~

Laith

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 03, 2006, 06:27:42 pm »
Zen is talking about in-game money, I assume... but it's still farfetched... Runescape simply doesn't allow that sort of thing now. Not since the crackdown some months ago, anway. They have, if you would read their site, programs put into place to catch such activity. If your friend hasn't been banned yet, they are probably watching him to find out who is selling him the items/cash for real world money.

Shadow Hea is right. 99% of rs players, and players in general for that matter, do not cheat by buying items/money with realworld money. It's clear that some of us cannot agree on this subject, however... my opinion is that anyone who does so, really doesn't want to play the game in the spirit in which it was created.

In the end, it's a game, and more importantly, games are created for roleplay purposes... and for FUN! :) It's not a race to see who can get everything in the game the fastest. What would you do if you could buy your way into a game like that? There would be nothing left to do, and you would miss the satisfaction you get from earning the money for that rare item yourself.

I hope this post made sense... I'm under the infuence of nyquil and other cold meds I can't believe I'm gonna be sick for the 4th of July! :(
well hope you get well and your post did make sence, :thumbup:

.:ZEN:.

• Hydlaa Resident
  • PENGUINS ^_^
    • View Profile
    • My Freeweb
« Reply #92 on: July 04, 2006, 03:20:40 am »
ummm he buys 1-10million 'gp' and no they are not rich off runescape and.... DO YOU PEOPLE ACTUALLY KNOW ANYTHING??? the ''crackdown'' had nothing to do with e-bay but the 5,000 players were banned because of 'MACROS' and NOT e-bay....

and who buys real money off e-bay  with real money??? so whoever thaught that my friend buys real money of ebay is really thick!

VMann

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Bananerama
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 04, 2006, 06:13:08 am »
Cool down Zen
There are some problems i'd like to see solved here before too much posts are mislead.

1)Your statement about your friend was ambiguous. Let's try to clear them up
  a)What does your friend buy or sell (items, in game money)?
  b)What does he pay / is he paid (in game money, real money)?
  c)Does E-bay have anything to do with that?
  d)Is he rich in game or in real life?

2)
DO YOU PEOPLE ACTUALLY KNOW ANYTHING??? the ''crackdown'' had nothing to do with e-bay but the 5,000 players were banned because of 'MACROS' and NOT e-bay....
You exaggerate very much, and in a very insulting way..... that is in my opinion a very bad idea.
Please don't say people don't know anything, especially not if it was because something that by far not the whole world must be aware of like a "crackdown" in Runescape (I have never even seen that game, and i don't think i am stupid because of that)
Just politely say if someone was wrong, and in best case even give us a source for what you say, so everyone can say that you are right or it will be a case of predication against predication.

3) I don't think anyone expected your friend to buy real money for real money from E-bay. You see how obviously that does not make any sense (except something weird or illegal is going on perhaps? however, please don't go any further into this topic, it would not help on what we are really talking about here)

This is just a try to raise this conversation to a more pleasent and informative level, please don't take it as an insult.
Tester first, Player second

Santiago

• Hydlaa Resident
  • "Scandal is gossip made tedious by morality."
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 04, 2006, 06:24:21 am »
So in answer to the topic,

Yes, Talad has actually already done work on a paypal donation account :) It should be available shortly.

For other answers, see page 1. For spam, see all other pages. Topic end