Author Topic: pie [ π ] art  (Read 2022 times)

.:ZEN:.

• Hydlaa Resident
  • PENGUINS ^_^
    • View Profile
    • My Freeweb
pie [ π ] art
« on: December 15, 2007, 02:43:24 am »
for those of you that want it. ^^

...we were bored at the mine and had a lot of pies and decided to make pie art :P

... and assorted screenshots are below

« Last Edit: December 15, 2007, 02:45:45 am by .:ZEN:. »

Raa

• Veteran
  • Halp meh...!
    • View Profile
Re: pie [ π ] art
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2007, 02:54:08 am »
Okay, why the hell can't anyone learn how to [bleep]ing post images correctly without the [bleep] and advertisements getting in the [bleep]ing way?!?!

Rongar Elani

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • "post count +1" ~~Neko Kyouran
    • View Profile
    • Guild forums of 'The Awakened'
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2007, 03:05:26 am »
Wha? What advertisements? Get firefox and adblockers, gee.

Zen, nice pictures. Really like the pie art :thumbup:

A w a k e n!

• Hydlaa Resident
  • PENGUINS ^_^
    • View Profile
    • My Freeweb
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2007, 08:05:38 am »
My second piece...

This took:

94 pies ... missing
153 pies .. uesd
4 guards
3 pie runners
2 hours

Thanks to:

~The Nomothetes
-My Pie Runners
-My Guards
~Nalini
~Neoma
~Anyone else that I forgot

Here it is...

Z I F T E R - done in pie in the plaza. Enjoy.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2007, 08:34:10 am by .:ZEN:. »

ThomPhoenix

• Testers
  • Forum Addict
  • A Phoenix, what'd you expect?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2007, 08:42:33 am »
Nice.  :thumbup:
Reminds me of that huge guild sign a guildmember once made with gold and iron ores.
We're not evil. We're simply amazing.

bilbous

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2007, 09:30:50 am »
I thought that painting the landscape with items was against the rules. Is that just if you don't pick them up afterwards?

• Hydlaa Resident
  • PENGUINS ^_^
    • View Profile
    • My Freeweb
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2007, 03:11:25 am »
Yes it is - i clear up after all of my pieces.

For the ZIFTER one I actually had to leave almost as soon as i was done, but I came on half an hour later and my friends told me that people came and picked up all the pies within minuits ^^ but since i dropped about 100 pies in hydlaa i guess it did lagg up the server for about an hour...

I did try and ask GMs if i was allowed to but none of them were responding on IRC... After I did it I told them and they said that because I [people] cleared up after it was OK. But if everyone started doing it it would not be allowed... :P. But some GMs [Mord] think that its a complete waste of time and is completely against the rules... So I guess it depends on who you ask.

Rayken

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • postcount--;
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2007, 02:47:44 pm »
Hydlaa is probably not the best place for this sort of thing as it is laggy to begin with.  Try doing it in remote areas out in the wilderness and you should be OK.  If you keep doing it in such public places though, you are bound to be asked to stop.
"Here's to lowering caskets of old friends choice and consequence we'll birth a new day with the death of an old and start over, start over.  Here's to burying hatchets in those who you'd never call your friend...we'll birth a new day with the death of an old day and start over, start over!"

Mordraugion

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Ex Dev and GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2007, 03:08:17 pm »
But some GMs [Mord] think that its a complete waste of time and is completely against the rules... So I guess it depends on who you ask.

• Players are not allowed to drop items to decorate the world map! This puts stress on many clients and increases lag.

and yes I do think it is a pointless waste of time
No longer a member of the PlanShift Development Team
Hokinon or Hoki on IRC

PS is not a democracy, nor will it ever be -- Karyuu 2006
http://www.hydlaaplaza.com/smf/index.php?topic=21049.msg230947#msg230947

Earl_Listbard

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2007, 03:18:35 pm »
But some GMs [Mord] think that its a complete waste of time and is completely against the rules... So I guess it depends on who you ask.

• Players are not allowed to drop items to decorate the world map! This puts stress on many clients and increases lag.

and yes I do think it is a pointless waste of time

But more fun then a peanut butter jar at a squirrel convention.

*EL considers making a huge work of art out of apples in a remote location on oja 2. "EL WUZ HERE"*

Just so long as you don't do it in the plaza...  ;D

Grats zift.

• Hydlaa Resident
  • PENGUINS ^_^
    • View Profile
    • My Freeweb
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2007, 06:18:12 am »
^^ I found out from a few friends that I was mentioned in this weeks newspaper [ woot ] !
But for those of you who are wandering i'm going to be a little dormant while I plan my  'DropArt' Contest
and try and figure out what and where my next piece will be  :devil:

Erisnas

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2007, 08:07:44 am »
Technically it may not be against any rules if a few people were standing in a 'special' formation... :whistling:

bilbous

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2007, 08:20:18 am »
How about you build your own server from sources and paint it all you want! Blatantly disregarding the rules on the official server and posting the evidence on the official forums can only lead to a bad end. I believe the in context penalty for littering is permanent death.

I am not sure it is any more pointless than any other type of art but if the themes are not contextual then there is no possible justification. Simply writing your characters name is pretty uninspired and would not give a presiding magistrate any cause for leniency due to artistic merit.

I am actually kind of ambivalent about this because an artist is something that can be role-played but this instance does not seem to qualify.

@Erisnas it might if it was one player and a bunch of alts....but what would be the IC justification for it anyway?

• Hydlaa Resident
  • PENGUINS ^_^
    • View Profile
    • My Freeweb
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2008, 04:41:31 am »
How about you build your own server from sources and paint it all you want! Blatantly disregarding the rules on the official server and posting the evidence on the official forums can only lead to a bad end. I believe the in context penalty for littering is permanent death.
Some people don't :)
Besides... I don't know how to build my own server... And I think thats even more against the rules than littering - besides.. It wasn't littering... I pick up afterwards and nobody complained of lags.

I am not sure it is any more pointless than any other type of art but if the themes are not contextual then there is no possible justification. Simply writing your characters name is pretty uninspired and would not give a presiding magistrate any cause for leniency due to artistic merit.
I plan to write more things... This was a test to see if it was possible and how hard it was..
I am actually kind of ambivalent about this because an artist is something that can be role-played but this instance does not seem to qualify.
Yes I am too... This sort of thing is very easy to RP... And I plan on making a good RP background for my competition.
@Erisnas it might if it was one player and a bunch of alts....but what would be the IC justification for it anyway?
Don't suppose there would be much.. But GMs can ban your IP adress... And all your friend's IP adress' if they help.

Sorry for the long wait - I have been away for quite a while.

Zhaxor

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2008, 06:05:10 am »
Sorry for the long wait - I have been away for quite a while.

Hi mate, never would have guessed it, a fellow Perthite maybe?

Personally I don't see the point of doing art out in the sticks, art is to be looked at, not hidden away. Apart from that, what other artisitic endevours are actually available for a artsy inlcined player? None!