Author Topic: pie [ π ] art  (Read 2021 times)

Manar

• Hydlaa Resident
  • 瓜田李下
    • View Profile
    • XG profile
Re: pie [ π ] art
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2008, 07:08:16 am »
Apart from that, what other artisitic endevours are actually available for a artsy inlcined player? None!

Really? There's sketches...
— Maanahr Ilde, Cartographer, Scout in the Explorers Guild.

bilbous

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2008, 07:42:09 am »
One can also hum, write poetry, put on a play, be a mime, do interpretive dance. Some are more limited than others, of course. Some would say role playing is an art in itself.
Running a (test) server is welcomed, trying to clone the data base is not allowed. I was just suggesting that such an installation would give you more leeway in your pursuits. Who knows, you might even find a few bugs that would otherwise go unnoticed.

Zhaxor

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2008, 07:45:50 pm »
Apart from that, what other artisitic endevours are actually available for a artsy inlcined player? None!

I meant that were visible to the general public, like an art gallery say. An art display where you have to trek to a remote part of the world is not really viable.

One can also hum, write poetry, put on a play, be a mime, do interpretive dance. Some are more limited than others, of course. Some would say role playing is an art in itself.
Running a (test) server is welcomed, trying to clone the data base is not allowed. I was just suggesting that such an installation would give you more leeway in your pursuits. Who knows, you might even find a few bugs that would otherwise go unnoticed.

I suppose you cuold stand in the plaza and say your poetry out loud, but mime I don't see being a viable art form in PS, nor dance or any sort of noise based art.

As for doing it on a private server, the entire point of visual art is for it to be obnserved by the general public.

.:ZEN:.

• Hydlaa Resident
  • PENGUINS ^_^
    • View Profile
    • My Freeweb
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2008, 08:51:20 pm »

I meant that were visible to the general public, like an art gallery say. An art display where you have to trek to a remote part of the world is not really viable.

I suppose you cuold stand in the plaza and say your poetry out loud, but mime I don't see being a viable art form in PS, nor dance or any sort of noise based art.

As for doing it on a private server, the entire point of visual art is for it to be obnserved by the general public.

That is very true... I completely agree with you.

but as for running a test server, I doubt its ever going to happen..

Yes, people who build from source may start a test server

I don't build from source,

Yes I have read all the guides

Yes I am completely hopeless

Yes I do use a mac

Yes I have read the mac guides.

No I'm not a perthite :P I'm a Hong Konger

Earl_Listbard

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2008, 09:11:15 pm »
your sig scares me .:ZEN:.

Aiken

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2008, 11:28:47 pm »

What is there to scared of? Out of address, browser and location the only thing it gets right for me is the address.
Beware the grue.

Zhaxor

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2008, 01:58:03 am »

What is there to scared of? Out of address, browser and location the only thing it gets right for me is the address.

Haha, so it's all completey rubbish? Wonder what it would do for me then? I DO live near kwinana

.:ZEN:.

• Hydlaa Resident
  • PENGUINS ^_^
    • View Profile
    • My Freeweb
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2008, 03:50:14 am »

Haha, so it's all completey rubbish? Wonder what it would do for me then? I DO live near kwinana

Yes - I stalk all of you.. =)

No this sig accesses your IP address and reads its information.. Its to help people gain awareness of the kind of information hidden in your IP adress so this sig would be different for every internet connection.
Getting this sig isn't hacking, your computer automatically sends your IP address for every site you visit.. or when you are on google images and search for 'dogs' all of the sites that have pictures that show up in the results get your IP address.. Even the sites wich host the popups get your IP address, freaky eh? But 'most' sites dont save your IP address.