Author Topic: Non-English Speakers Wanted  (Read 17644 times)

weltall

• Associate Developer
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://weltall.heliohost.org
Re: Non-English Speakers Wanted
« Reply #75 on: March 24, 2011, 04:19:32 pm »
the last file is in the italian folder.
anyway load it with the client it should remove duplicates if they are really so

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 26, 2011, 06:54:09 am »
Don't translate without knowing where each line appears in the GUI. Always test the translation while playing, the context will be revealed.

23: unpickable — Your char is unable to pick this item up. Technically = OOC because it was locked by a Game Master after dropping. IC reasons may differ.
31: combine x in container — We have so many different types of containers that we need such an abstract term; but "the content" in it is more important.
40: buffs — Keep the english term, that's a convenient solution here.
51: active — Find the content it belongs to, and translate accordingly... I don't remember where it appears.
64: wait — Might be for the server PING list. In this case it means: "Please wait, the server is becoming available".
67: unclaim — I believe it may be related to Game Masters who claim to solve a specific petition (reserve/allocate a petition to be handled)...
71: escalation — might be related to petitions, like in service hotlines (escalation to a superior): Some issues are so hard to solve that a GM of a specific rank is required
114, 122 and on and on: The explanation of the monetary values of single coins. 1 hexa = 10 tria, 1 octa = 50 tria, 1 circle = 250 tria
129: mount — going to mount an animal
280: I don't know which untranslatable (part of a) sentence you refer to, in which file it is the line 280. Probably not in the english/italian file which should be the template.
293: If "others' attacks" can't penetrate it, it is probably your armor. Who cares about others fighting others?
320: "Active magic" — spells that are currently active on your char, giving him buffs or debuffs while they are active. Example: "Dakkru's Curse" which lasts 30 min after resurrecting.
387: tweaks — rather "optimizations", "fine tunings", especially careful adjustments
399: claim — I believe it may be related to Game Masters who claim to solve a specific petition (reserve/allocate a petition to be handled)...
525: "pub notes" — probably in the Guild window, leaving notes to a guild member, with a long and abbreviated sample each (Private/Prv + Public/Pub), remember space restrictions

Indeed, the stringtable list is quite messed up. I wonder why they have no ID's. And they should be grouped with a similar context, separated by comments explaining the locations.

Lazy developers.  :P :-X
__

P.S.: Don't forget that accented (non-ASCII) characters need to be encoded correctly. I believe in UTF-8?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 07:01:48 am by LigH »

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

weltall

• Associate Developer
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 26, 2011, 04:29:19 pm »
the translation system is designed so "groups" have no meaning. it's a hit replace translation system.

Edicho

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 14, 2011, 07:51:24 pm »
link in the first post is broken. please update it.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 15, 2011, 03:43:21 am »
At least the project is still valid, of course.

The text of the link is correct, just the linked URL is outdated.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 03:45:46 am by LigH »

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

weltall

• Associate Developer
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 15, 2011, 11:50:06 am »
i'm thinking of using a service like transflexion to handle the translations instead

Koios

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 16, 2011, 08:00:43 am »
Please consider at least giving it to someone to proof read. We've all had enough fun with translation programs to know why.  :beta:
Going to the Iron Temple makes you as much of a Laanx follower as going to Harnquist makes you a furnace.

* Talad made Laanx's boobs fall off by accident

weltall

• Associate Developer
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 16, 2011, 05:48:33 pm »
transflexion is not a translation program it's a collaborative interface for humans to write translations from any language.

Edicho

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 20, 2011, 06:38:45 pm »
I see no Polish gui language in the drop down menu(but it is available here :http://planeshift.ezpcusa.com/pswiki/index.php?title=PStrans_Polish). What's the current status of polish translation?

raline

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 17, 2012, 01:59:22 am »
If the decision not to include Asian languages ever changes I'd be willing to do a Mandarin one.

weltall

• Associate Developer
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 18, 2012, 05:37:55 pm »
edicho you'll need to update it with the latest italian translation as base.
if mandarin works I'm fine to add it. I don't know if the system is able to support it and the fonts have it... yet...

Corwin

• Wayfarer
  • Um. . . I dunno what to write in this space :3
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 16, 2012, 09:29:17 am »
So Im not the only Polish person playing this game..?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 09:33:40 am by Corwin »

Zazhia

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 26, 2012, 10:39:29 am »
I might be the only Danish person playing, and I barely know anything about programming or anything. I would however love to help translating into Danish (Which can also be read by most Norwegian and Swedish-players). But frankly ... I don't know if to write this, but.

Should it be neccesary to translate a game into another language than English, when English is the only language allowed in Main? People have to be good English-speakers to play the game anyway. At least to RP in it.

Just a thought.  :whistling:

-stf-

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 10, 2012, 01:00:56 pm »
I think that unless there will be translator in game for players, then it's useless to make translations while the actual language in PS is only english. Or unless there will be servers for particular languages or language groups (where people understand each other without translator) as second option. Until it will be so, I feel it is a waste of time while developers can focus more on actual bugs fixing.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 04:21:24 am by -stf- »