Author Topic: !Mount Offence Crime!  (Read 760 times)

Vakachehk

• Veteran
    • View Profile
!Mount Offence Crime!
« on: February 16, 2010, 02:39:57 am »
I came into Hydlaa on my Rivnak to find some players on Rivnaks jumping all over the laanx statue!

I told them OOC to stop it and to grow up, but they carried on. I would like to see some more rules in place for this as it is not RP, there needs to be a mount offence crime in which players loose there mount for a period of time in not using a mount in an RP way! or more discussion in the penalty.
You maybe roleplaying but you could still be OOC.

Bonifarzia

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: !Mount Offence Crime!
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 03:01:11 am »

I doubt there is a need for additional game mechanics here. Some players do not RP all the time, which is fine. Others experiment with new features in a way that makes no sense ICly. For as long as it does not interrupt the RP or the game experience of others, I don't have a problem with that.  I don't think mounts make much of a difference ... some people have always been harassing and annoying others. Just make a /report and the "guards" will decide how to deal with them.

Akkaido Kivikar

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 03:26:19 am »
Well, they should be ICly punished for jumping all over Laanx statue.

The server guide clearly says that all your characters actions are meant to be IC, including quests. I don't mind if people want to jump everywhere out in the wilds, but in areas highly populated by players it definitely can detract from the experience to see people jumping all over a statue.

A further note, for those who see my character jumping on the Utlics in Ojaveda, I RP living in one of the upper ones.

Perlam

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • Masters of Move Guildsite
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 03:35:39 am »
Personally i think that people should leave their mounts outside if they go into a tavern or another building, common courtesy

Heleckie: why is there always an apple involved
Heleckie: why not a mango

Vakachehk

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2010, 04:12:26 am »
Personally i think that people should leave their mounts outside if they go into a tavern or another building, common courtesy

I agree but one of those huts is his home he can have what he likes in it.

Other wise yes I do believe they should not have mounts in public buildings. And in cities should only be at the walking pace unless its an emergency. But I do think Akaiddo is correct.
You maybe roleplaying but you could still be OOC.

Sen

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2010, 04:21:01 am »
In general I'd also say that mounts should be dismissed outside the city. I could think of mounts, that follow the owner at walking speed is ok in the city, but they still take much room.
For the jumping around on the laanx statue... I'd like to try that, too  ;D

Sen
.....also a saddle that won't pinch the tail. One day!

Janner

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2010, 04:30:38 am »
 The way I see it, two ways to look at this.
A. Do not lose sight of the fact this is a game and a bit of fun with new in game mounts is to be expected, also, it is a way to find out what works and not work.
B. Yes it would look like OOC, and you would not expect players to abuse a oversight in code/mechanics.

Remember here if one is seen as a abuse then so must all other misuse of in game mechanics, so before throwing stones, stop and think is this just harmless fun that will die out when novelty wears off or will it become a serious problem.

Just my simple thoughts.
Glad to help.

MellasFenixxes

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • Melly on DeviantArt
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2010, 06:18:11 am »
I bet it would be quite an interesting angle to take screenshots from, on top of that laanx statue...

Rigwyn

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2010, 07:05:57 am »
I have to admit I've done some silly things with the drifters and rivnak just to see what it could do. I have to agree with Janner, this is a new kick-ass feature and its going to take time for everyone ( including myself ) to get over the initial excitement.

Some good points were made about how one should handle their mount in different situations. I Imagine that some sort of etiquette will evolve. Hopefully it doesn't turn into a new excuse for bashing other players ( like using name tags as IC info and unsheathed swords in Hydlaa )
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 10:06:47 am by Rigwyn »

bilbous

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2010, 10:52:29 am »
I find the profusion of mounts to be quite annoying, especially around the smithy. It is not too pleasant to try and work in the forge/quench tank combo with a rivnak's butt in your face. It gets crowded enough just with crafters. I'd like to see a spell that could banish someone else's pet.

Xillix Queen of Fools

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2010, 12:05:39 pm »
Gms have enough to police atm, and that policing, no matter how much the community asks for it, inevitably leads to players claiming we're abusive and generating negative PR.

Since players do nothing to mitigate that negative PR, it is not worthwhile at this time to add more tasks to police.