Author Topic: Group Duels / fights  (Read 737 times)

Lady Crankenstein

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Group Duels / fights
« on: July 07, 2011, 10:07:30 am »
I asked an advisor online if a group can challenge another group... and the answer was "yes".

I have not tried this yet, but , if it is possible , I would love to know who has done it, and how it works... who challenges who.

The reason is that I want to train my guild members the old formation used in so many fantasy related games... fighters in the front, healers in the back and one mighty mage to bash the opponents... 
Assuming this can be done as group duels...  what a blast ( or Freeze if you caster is deep Blue Way )...

Please share what you can. Thanks,  La Crank.

Sarras Volcae

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Group Duels / fights
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 04:04:43 am »
no. all the players must challenge individually.

why didn't you ask me before? lol

weltall

• Associate Developer
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://weltall.heliohost.org
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 06:38:07 am »
lucky enough you weren't asked about it as you are wrong and the advisor was right.
the command I’ve coded last year is /groupchallenge it must be done by the group leader toward another group. it works like a guild war (there is also the yield command in case)

Sarras Volcae

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2011, 03:20:48 am »
apparently the advisor didn't know the command.

so, does it work, miss cranky?

RlyDontKnow

• Associate Developer
  • Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2011, 07:21:53 am »
just as weltall said... it works - like a guild war. i.e. you won't be "defeated" with the chance to get killed, but you'll be killed straight away if someone from the other group defeats you.
also it doesn't end until one of the groups is disbanded or yields via /groupyield

Tessra

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • The Adani Order
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2011, 02:34:18 pm »
It's a very good strategy, Lady C, but keep in mind the mechanics issues with it.  The opposing group will almost assuredly attack the healers/master mage.  At least if they are smart they will.  One or two tanks will simply run through your fighters to get to them.  With mechanics, it's hard to try and click on a moving character, so you shortcut /target next player.  Well, if there are 10 people in the groups... then you may have to run through 10 shortcuts to actually hit the person who is running at your master mage/healers to try and save them.   I still think it's an awesome idea, but just keep that in mind.  You don't want your mages and healers to be wimps.  I'd recommend having them train armor, and get them used to walking while casting.  You'd be surprised how hard it is to hit a mage who is casting on you and simply walking in an erratic pattern.  You can practice this while walking and fighting something that takes a while to mage down.  I did it with neotens and imagoes when I was bored one night.  Learn to walk out of their target line or die. XD

I've played in a lot of informal group-duels, where we did /challenge to each person, simply so there was less of a chance of killing, and there seems to be two main strategies people use in PS:
1. Nail the weakest links first so you can concentrate on the better fighters.  [Honestly, this one tends to fail.]  Many times, I was the weakest one on my side, and they kept coming after me.  So, I ran over to circle by a stronger fighter, letting my stronger teammate target the offending bozo and kill them. XD
2. Nail the strongest fighters, so if you survive, you can't be beaten by the weakest link.  I find this one works a LOT better, if you are mechanically capable of defeating the stronger fighters.  With the new 200HA and 1600+ HP, it can be hard to kill some of these tanks.  Even 100+ in a weapon doesn't let you hurt them AT ALL if they have 160+ HA.  So, your mages would totally come in handy here.

Another thing, outside of the Champions Cups, and guild wars, you aren't likely to find too many people who like magic in group duelling.  As the chance of death is astronomically higher.  But, with the /groupchallenge command, you die anyway, so that shouldn't be an issue. :D
Also, it's more credible to others if you grow in power slowly over time.  First kill rats, then noobs, then klyros, and eventually work your way up to more powerful creatures ~ Miomai

Earowo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Guild Site
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2011, 02:43:49 pm »
Its like the devs said, I've group dueled before on the EZ server, it was vvallaces fun thing to do, the details arnt important, but he would use the system to kill people in his enemy guild...
But yeah, its like a guild war >.>
Dohmo: Please clean up your language immediately.
Me: as i just said, what i said, fits in the guidlines of rated PG, i was just explaining to the G guy
Dohmo: Sorry I tried to e nice
Dohmo: and i'm telling you to clean it up. last warning
Dohmo: now just do it
Dohmo: No more warnings

Abuse?

Lady Crankenstein

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Group Duels / fights - thank you
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2011, 01:25:47 pm »
I want to Thank You all who are informed and offered your help. this new knowledge will help so very much ....  NEVER AGAIN shall the Daughters of Xiosia get caught with our pants down!!!      ...   eeeerrr... uhm...... stop thinking that way...  you know what I meant...

La Crank

Aiwendil

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2011, 01:49:49 pm »
ROFL

Phantomboy86

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Sarva used to own the deed to my soul.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2011, 03:39:21 pm »
I want to Thank You all who are informed and offered your help. this new knowledge will help so very much ....  NEVER AGAIN shall the Daughters of Xiosia get caught with our pants down!!!      ...   eeeerrr... uhm...... stop thinking that way...  you know what I meant...

La Crank

Now only if it hadn't happened so many times before...  :-X

Geceni

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Re: Group Duels / fights - thank you
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2011, 03:26:56 pm »
NEVER AGAIN shall the Daughters of Xiosia get caught with our pants down!!!      ...   eeeerrr... uhm...... stop thinking that way...  you know what I meant...

It would help if you'd get some curtains for the guild house windows...
* Geceni  walks off whistling innocently
:whistling:

Sarras Volcae

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2011, 03:33:05 pm »
....geceni!  >:(

* Sarras Volcae chases him with a big trout.

Geceni

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2011, 06:50:21 pm »
....geceni!  >:(

* Sarras Volcae chases him with a big trout.

* Geceni eats the trout

Earowo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Guild Site
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2011, 02:06:01 am »
You shoulda seen that coming with an enkidukai
Dohmo: Please clean up your language immediately.
Me: as i just said, what i said, fits in the guidlines of rated PG, i was just explaining to the G guy
Dohmo: Sorry I tried to e nice
Dohmo: and i'm telling you to clean it up. last warning
Dohmo: now just do it
Dohmo: No more warnings

Abuse?