Author Topic: Trepor Greet Lockout  (Read 376 times)

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
Trepor Greet Lockout
« on: April 26, 2017, 11:04:20 am »
While it's cute that the trepors greet me, they are getting pretty spammy while I'm harvesting. It would be better if the trepors could keep a list of who they have already greeted and have a lockout on greeting them again for like 15 mins or so. What I am thinking is that names are only temporarily stored during the lockout time then dumped once the lockout expires. This should keep the trepors from starting dossiers on the players they meet.  :)

Migg

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Trepor Greet Lockout
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 11:32:13 am »
While Trepors do greet players, I am not sure their intelligence is high enough to distinguish among different players. After all, just as all Trepors look the same to us (substitute Kormis or your favorite species from among Yliakum's fauna for Trepor if you like,) so we must all look the same to a Trepor, albeit distinguishable in terms of species. Boosting the Trepor's IQ seems a commendable goal however, so I am eagerly waiting to see if anyone picks up the gauntlet.

Emaline

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Citizen
  • Game Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2017, 12:21:11 pm »
Or as a temporary fix just turn of system messages while harvesting then turn it back on when you are done?

(I have no idea how easy something like that would be to code so my suggestion would be for in the meantime of if the devs say this is not possible to do)
I'm very responsible, whenever something goes wrong they always say I'm responsible.

Any Event idea find us on IRC #ps-event
Problem Ingame use IRC: #Planeshift-gmtalk

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2017, 12:22:34 pm »
Probably just need to check my chat log settings since that's what I think about more. I can make sure those aren't breaking up my chat logs.

Can-ned Food

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Many ask what The Can contains, but few will know.
    • View Profile
    • an OpenDocument Spreadsheet for planning your character's stats profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2018, 01:12:42 am »
I thought there was need to return to this, so I shall.

I like Migg's considerations about Trepor intelligence.  I think maybe the frequency of greetings could be reduced, though:  are they really all that cheery?  Well, maybe more than the Tlokes, sure, who greet far less often, but they do greet too much.  It's like the opening scene of the Lego Movie.

Perhaps there ought be a way to filter messages by regex?  I'll look into whether a UE4 add–on can be built to do so.  The big difficulty would be designing it in a way that is accomodating to users who don't know regular expressions, Perl–compatible or otherwise.
Gedundk Kokro, kran
Ailela Belair, nolthrir
Hwokmar Cmar, ynnwn

Dilihin

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • you can always find me on IRC: JeHugawa @freenode
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2018, 03:09:47 pm »
Perhaps there ought be a way to filter messages by regex?  I'll look into whether a UE4 add–on can be built to do so.  The big difficulty would be designing it in a way that is accomodating to users who don't know regular expressions, Perl–compatible or otherwise.
People who don't know regex should just learn some, it's usefull in general and it's not that rocket science to learn the basics.