Author Topic: so in the next version...  (Read 2421 times)

-fool-

so in the next version...
« on: June 29, 2003, 02:53:22 am »
will there actually be something to do instead of walk around and chat?

Caldazar

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2003, 03:42:56 am »
*sigh*
There are many threads about this.
There will be more races, weapons, skills, quests, monsters etc.
Browsing the forums when I\'m bored, nothing more.

zelphira

• Traveller
    • View Profile
the future will be fantastic
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2003, 06:11:28 pm »
I compare every time this game with that could have been UO2 Then I think that the future will be fantastic.  With all the good gaming of UO and much more still
Sorry for my bad english i\'m french :)
Official french site : http://www.zelphira.com/planeshift
Zelphirien Guild :

Leader Osy Zelphira

Bonez

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2003, 07:38:05 pm »
Originally posted by Vengeance
You can expect combat, progression, weapons, buying, selling, groups, etc.  In short it will feel a lot more like a real game.

should be good :D
Join the Legendary Warriors at http://www.legendarywarriors.tk and feel real power and wealth

Khutin

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2003, 07:41:00 am »
It will be really cool if we have something to do oustide the city...

Maybe another city to wander around and hunt some quests/crystals/something else. ;-)
Kind regards,

Khutin  

\"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I\'m not sure about the universe.\" - Albert Einstein

Caldazar

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2003, 10:02:35 am »
The world of PlaneShift is huge. Although, Im pretty sure that the entire world wont be in the next version, perhaps the two first levels?

Xalthar

• Forum Addict
  • Tisfjæsing.
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2003, 10:44:12 am »
I hope they pack as much of the good stuff into the CB as possible... So let\'s hope they get the two first levels...

tygerwilde

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2003, 02:03:44 pm »
hell, I wouldn\'t complain if they just added animals we could kill to this! hehe, but I think there will be because I think it was venge said something about working on combat for CB... can\'t wait to see the combat system in action
we are the music-makers, we are the dreamers of dreams - Gene Wilder as willy wonka

Johnny Depp\'s a poser to the throne. No one will ever play the part as well as Gene Wilder

Caldazar

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2003, 02:06:26 pm »
I hope its AD&D... Although I doubt it is.. BUT, I wanna tame some beasts. :D
Caldazar, the beastmaster.

Khutin

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2003, 02:26:23 pm »
Lot of people don\'t, but I like GURPS combat system, although I think AD&D is better for PS due to its characteristis.

There is a website about game development called Skotos.net (http://www.skotos.net) which has tons of articles about tons of things: character creation, combat systems, scenarios, dice systems, proportionalities and much more. It worths the visit and is a good research source.

They can even develop a mixed system, using some characteristics of one combat system and others from another one. Or simply starting from zero and create PS\'s own combat system.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2003, 02:27:13 pm by Khutin »
Kind regards,

Khutin  

\"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I\'m not sure about the universe.\" - Albert Einstein

lostprophet

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2003, 07:04:08 am »
Caldazar, are you talking about some kind of pokemon game, where you catch stray cats then set them on people? Oh, and exactly what is the dice function for?

tygerwilde

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2003, 10:27:03 am »
I doubt we\'ll see d&d in a MMO for a while, Wizards owns the copyrights now, which means that they\'ll want money for it\'s use, even if it\'s just the rules...

I think it was electronic arts they had doing a 3rd ed mmo, but EA keeps shelving the idea, then going back to it, shelving then going back. From their general attitude, I\'d have to say that they\'re never going to publish, afraid of the parents that say that D&D players are all devil worshippers.
we are the music-makers, we are the dreamers of dreams - Gene Wilder as willy wonka

Johnny Depp\'s a poser to the throne. No one will ever play the part as well as Gene Wilder

Caldazar

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2003, 10:58:23 am »
Originally posted by lostprophet
Caldazar, are you talking about some kind of pokemon game, where you catch stray cats then set them on people? Oh, and exactly what is the dice function for?

I wouldn\'t complain if they just added animals we could kill to this!

Did that sort things out?

tygerwilde

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2003, 11:55:52 am »
heh, you tame the rats, with you little flute, I\'ll bash em on the head as they leave the city, then we turn the heads in for a reward from the king!!!

*shakes head, looks confused*

dude, did I just get possesed by the pied pipers evil sidekick?!?

Caldazar

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2003, 12:04:09 pm »
ROFL.
Baha, you and me tyger, we have quite a business coming up :D