Author Topic: "Moogie the Generous"- Competition: submit your ideas!  (Read 1786 times)

Jedi

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2003, 02:31:24 pm »
How are you going to split 1000 gems?

BTW I\'ll be entering all of the contests.

Moogie

• Forum Legend
  • Artist/Flash Animator
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2003, 02:49:48 pm »
I could do 330 each and keep 10, or 300 each and plant the rest around the Planeshift world in difficult to reach places such as rooftops, battlements, atop the temple and so forth.

[Edit: Okay, due to the probable complexity of the Dungeon idea, I\'m open to other suggestions, unless somebody can come up with a few fair, reasonable rules regarding just exactly how people should go about designing them. If we can\'t think of any other ideas the third competition will be scrapped and the prize money will equal 500:500 for the other two.]
« Last Edit: July 13, 2003, 03:08:32 pm by Moogie »

Jedi

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2003, 03:11:20 pm »
How about a contest for who can design the best title page for Crystal Blue? Sketch or otherwise. You know, what they want it to look like.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2003, 03:12:04 pm by Jedi »

Moogie

• Forum Legend
  • Artist/Flash Animator
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2003, 03:35:27 pm »
Originally posted by Jedi
How about a contest for who can design the best title page for Crystal Blue? Sketch or otherwise. You know, what they want it to look like.

That would be nice, but, what if the devs have already designed the new title page, or are planning on making their *own* title page competition in the future with a much higher prize..?

Jedi

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2003, 04:08:36 pm »
Then the winner gets even more gems! ;)

No, I get you. It was a stupid idea. Sorry.

Moogie

• Forum Legend
  • Artist/Flash Animator
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2003, 04:40:28 pm »
No no, it\'s not stupid at all Jedi. I love the idea, but I wouldn\'t want to steal any thunder... well I guess we can use the idea. It doesn\'t matter if the developers are planning the same thing- it doesn\'t mean that they can\'t still do that, right..? Who knows, maybe the winners of this one will have the priviledge of having their work made official, but I wouldn\'t hold your breath. ;)

Okay, so, it\'s decided! I\'ll post the competition on it\'s own thread to make sure there\'s no misunderstandings or unneccessary clutter.

Monketh

• Veteran
  • aka GovernmentAgent, CorporateAgent
    • View Profile
    • Niihama.ws
Ah, the unofficial week of contests
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2003, 04:45:00 pm »
hmm...

Monketh\'s Suggested Rules For Dungeon Design & Construction:
- No 3d models necessary or considered in the contest, they\'re nice but not everybody has my bandwidth
- To be laid out in image format of choice, excepting .psd\'s .bmp\'s and other non-sharable over the internet types
- New image or color for every floor, so we can make sense of it
- You can give us decor previews, these will be considered in the contest
- Use common sense, no profanity, rascism, etc..
- Have fun

[Edit: Gah! 5 minutes too late :( ]
« Last Edit: July 15, 2003, 11:21:40 am by Monketh »
The key to manipulative bargaining is to ask for something twice as big as what you want, then smile and nod when you are talked down to your original wish. You are still young, my apprentice, and have much to learn in the ways of the force. -UtM

Moogie

• Forum Legend
  • Artist/Flash Animator
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2003, 05:04:07 pm »
Sorry Monketh... I already posted... :( But thanks for taking the time to suggest those rules.

Well, the competition has now officially started. Good luck all! :)

Monketh

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Niihama.ws
(No subject)
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2003, 05:06:54 pm »
So is there, or isn\'t there a dungeon contest?

[Edit: Sorry, this Monketh is out of date. :P ]
« Last Edit: July 13, 2003, 05:08:53 pm by Monketh »
The key to manipulative bargaining is to ask for something twice as big as what you want, then smile and nod when you are talked down to your original wish. You are still young, my apprentice, and have much to learn in the ways of the force. -UtM

Caldazar

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2003, 08:08:38 am »
Is it possible to change the writing comeptition from 100 words to... say, 300 words? It\'s rather hard to write a story with only 100 words..
*got carried away and is up to 135 words, not even close to ending it*
Browsing the forums when I\'m bored, nothing more.

Moogie

• Forum Legend
  • Artist/Flash Animator
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2003, 08:14:04 am »
Well, what I\'d like to see is just the quality of the writing, not quantity. It shows good skill if you can keep within the limits. :)

Try to simplify the story. Not looking for a complete in-depth tale of someone\'s life here (unless they had a very short life indeed...), just a simple tale with a personal touch.

Jedi

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2003, 12:57:32 pm »
I agree with Caldazar. 100 words isn\'t short, it pint-sized! I could write a fairly short story, but it\'d be at least 5000 words! Please reconsider your rules.

Moogie

• Forum Legend
  • Artist/Flash Animator
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2003, 01:33:07 pm »
Gah, did you people never have to write 100-word short stories in school? :P

Hmm... okay. 300 words it is then, but no more! I\'ll change the details in the other thread.

Tut... I dunno... you people... ;)

Jedi

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2003, 01:35:53 pm »
:D I knew you were a generous person, Moogie.

Yes, I do remember writing 100 word stories in school. I also remember them sucking quite badly. Oh well, I suppose I can make do with 300.

Thanks.;)

Monketh

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Niihama.ws
(No subject)
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2003, 11:19:46 am »
Would anybody be interested in a dungeon design contest?