Author Topic: Progres Report  (Read 2939 times)

Linulo

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2004, 04:10:00 pm »
Still, this refers only to what has been done, not to what is going to be done.

Moogie

• Forum Legend
  • Artist/Flash Animator
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2004, 04:50:44 pm »
The website tells almost everything the devs are planning to have in the game on the Setting, Races, Economy, etc pages.

As for things to be in the next version, why not keep it a suprise? Of course, once it is released, the devs will explain the contents of Crystal Blue. But untill then, there\'s absolutely no rush.

Xordan

• Crystal Space Developer
  • Forum Addict
  • For God and the Empire
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2004, 05:23:50 pm »
lol, I just look at the cvs every so often. From looking back a few weeks you can tell what they\'re working on, and what they\'ve done. This is enough to keep me going, I don\'t wanna know everything that is gonna be in CB. :P  :D

roguewolftamer

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2004, 05:54:34 pm »
oh and linulo, welcome to PS and i hope ya can enjoy the game enough till CB comes out, but i dont see how it would put too much pressure on everybody, other then its gettin close to coming out, but noones perfect so ppl shouldnt an estimate time is gonna be right, even the release date isnt gonna be anywhere close depending on how much attention it gets

but anyways, if ya need any help gettin on or anything ask on a tech forums and if im on ill help ya (if i can)

Monketh

• Veteran
  • aka GovernmentAgent, CorporateAgent
    • View Profile
    • Niihama.ws
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2004, 06:24:54 pm »
So, you can\'t even give a pessismistic ETA?  Like, say, March 12th or something?  Seeing as I don\'t speak GameDevelopereese...
The key to manipulative bargaining is to ask for something twice as big as what you want, then smile and nod when you are talked down to your original wish. You are still young, my apprentice, and have much to learn in the ways of the force. -UtM

Icefalcon

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2004, 07:36:45 pm »
how bout we all say CB will be out at the end of 2004...then when it comes out 10 months earlier....everyone will be really really happy 8)  yup yup sounds good to me :))

Vengeance

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2004, 11:10:02 pm »
What acraig and Mogura\'s first posts in these threads are really great and totally true.

The other thing to say on this subject is that this game isn\'t really taking that long to make compared to pro games.  Look at EQ (4 years to first release), WOW (4 years and still not close), DE (3 years and not as done as PS), etc.  And they had big full time teams of developers.  NWN took 4 years and had 78 people working on it.

We have about 3 steady coders, not 78. :-)

The reason this seems very slow is because you guys are getting to see the process first hand instead of hearing about the game in some press release when it is already 75% done.

Games are big, hard to write, and take time--especially when your wife makes you clean the house every time you fire up the laptop.  ;-)

- Venge

druke

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2004, 11:58:51 pm »
of you do decide to post all that stuff make it where you cant see it unless yiu clearly have the intention of seeing it, i dont want to have the surprise spoled for me honestly

my how times have changed.....

Urzumph

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2004, 04:21:58 am »
The person who drew the ascii progress-bars was joking, but seriously, why not?

Pros :
People can see that progress is happening, without knowing exactly what it is (and thus no spoiler)

Rough estimation of how complete it is, with no release date (and hence no deadline)

should not be too dificult to impliment - simply a row of images, some with that section filled in, some not
(I should point out that I cannot be sure on this point, I only know very limmited HTML, and no PHP)

Cons :
gives very little information about what is happening, less than the somewhat spasmodic news postings. However, the news-postings are still good, I see no need to do away with them.

It will need to be maintained. Someone will have to decide how complete it is on a semi-regular basis (2x weekly?)

it will probably not be accurate. But that\'s not very surprising, considering the accuracy of progress-bars in general, combined with the un-certian nature of programming (EG: commercial game release schedules) - it cannot be helped if a major bug is found at 99% which holds up the release.

Leander256

(No subject)
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2004, 10:01:52 am »
My opinion: Useless.

If one doesn\'t have more important things to do than constantly bug the developpers, he\'d better get a life.

snow_RAveN

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2004, 11:05:37 am »
Well said Devs dont talk to us do your work !
Originally posted by DepthBlade
I am not as good as you with posting totally random pointless things that neither are relative or make any sense.

Samoth

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2004, 01:26:24 am »
Monketh nailed it ... I am sure it\'s March 12th.

I\'m taking bets of two rubies to one emerald it\'s within 14 days of that date ... any takers?

roguewolftamer

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2004, 10:33:30 pm »
i bet ya 10 circles (after release date) thats its gonna be around febuary, and im talkin 5 days before febuary to 5 days after febuary

any takers ;)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2004, 10:34:26 pm by roguewolftamer »

Otharor

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2004, 05:27:01 am »
I think it the next release will come out the first week of februari. (I hope februari 2004 ;)
Ex-Otharor, now Taldor

http://www.bloodclawinc.tk

Kiern

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2004, 07:29:41 am »
Umm...yeah, just to say about this \"suprise\" thing, hopefully the info will be released at least a day or two before CB, since it would be stupid to throw people into i without them knowing anything...I\'m not saying everything, but the basic controls and stuff, like what you can do and can\'t...we don\'t get a manual or anything like in other games and I think to have it before would get rid of the questions
« Last Edit: January 12, 2004, 07:33:35 am by Kiern »