Author Topic: Love this game  (Read 1023 times)

-Tsumeone-

Love this game
« on: March 20, 2004, 06:46:21 pm »
I\'d like to start off saying thank you to the devs for making such an awesome game, and for making it opensource as well.  It looks like it will be a great game when it is more finished.  Even now the world so far is great.

Just a few questions... any idea on the release date of CB?  I wasn\'t accepted into the World of Warcraft Beta and I am really bored (bored of WC3 and D2) and all the games I really own are not RPGs :(

What video card should I use to play this?  I know a GeForce 2 MX probably wont cut it, but will a GeForce FX 5600?  It is kind of choppy with my GFFX 5600 and was wondering if my card is too slow or if it is a bug in the game.

And why the name Planeshift?  Just curious.

AendarCallenlasse

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2004, 07:20:19 pm »
I\'m gonna give you the best advice a person can give you on this topic and I\'m going to say it the nicest possible way as everyone is going to flame you.  Click on that nifty little search button and take a gander around for your answer.  The question of when CB will be released has been asked numerous times and answered numerous times.

Only n00bs don't quote themselves...
<Aendar>...

The Gumster

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2004, 07:51:47 pm »
Originally posted by -Tsumeone-
And why the name Planeshift?

because there are magic portals all around the world and by going through one of them you are shifting planes of existence, therefore the motto, \"a universe is not enough\" or so i always interpreted the meaning of the motto and the info of the magic portals in the guide somewhere.

you cant see it with your eyes, hold it with your hand, like the wind it covers all land, this thing called love.
It can lift you up never put you down, take your world and turn it all around.
Ever since time nothings ever been found
thats stronger than love

-Tsumeone-

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2004, 09:30:51 pm »
So I guess they are going to jump up one day and surprise us with the release?  Thats what I can gather from what I read...  That really sucks though because I am going to drain all of the bandwidth hitting refresh to see if it\'s out yet =/

I\'m assuming the game slowdowns are bugs then because my card is relatively good?

Quwaar

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2004, 09:49:16 pm »
yeah, thats the idea :D  lol  I think its pretty good, coz they never know when they have time to work on PS, and it keeps everyone alert about when the game is there :D

Bout the bug, yeah, its probably not your card, but the game. The server is written wrong or something, I dont know the details, it just lags for everyone. Nomatter what you card is
Smile... Tomorrow will be worse

-Tsumeone-

(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2004, 09:57:58 pm »
I bet if I had a fibre optic line straight to the server and a GeForce 5950 Ultra it wouldn\'t lag as much ;)

zinder

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2004, 07:41:44 am »
Im pretty sure it would lag as much. It is mostly not net lag but local slowness.
The client is mostly unoptimized and there are bugs that cost local performance.
Also at least the version of the grafic engine in MB uses a heavy CPU and RAM load.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2004, 07:42:35 am by zinder »

-Tsumeone-

(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2004, 09:46:22 pm »
You are right about that, it was using over 300mb of ram on my system =/

DepthBlade

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2004, 09:59:14 pm »
Aendar that was really nice of you :D Yah don\'t ask questions, most people will flame you pretty bad because they think you should know everything!

-Tsumeone-

(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2004, 11:28:49 pm »
I don\'t have ESP =/