Author Topic: Forum failure  (Read 418 times)

Venalan

• Global Moderator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Forum failure
« on: December 06, 2014, 05:51:13 pm »
Hey guys,

It seems last night there was a long downtime for the forum and bug tracker. During that down time it appears that all posts in the last 4-5 days have been lost. There may also be threads missing from boards they were posted in. If you go to your profile, then look at posts you have made, you may find the thread there if you make another post it -might- reappear on the board it was initially created on. But any posts in the last 4-5 days will not be recoverable.

It seems the forums are now behaving correctly.

V

Jawir

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Re: Forum failure
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2014, 04:22:57 am »
Hi Venalan, I noticed that and I was going to start a thread about it... but now there is no need!  :P
I just want to say that I answered to a post here: http://www.hydlaaplaza.com/smf/index.php?topic=41943.0 the 05/12 (if I'm not wrong) and it doesn't appear in the list of my posts...
Nothing too bad, but this just to say that the lost posts are just... lost!  ;D ;D

P.S.: the forum seems still quite messed! Under "In Game Roleplay Events" I see a new Post under "The Tailor" thread... but when I go to read it I don't see any "The Tailor" thread. Instead I see "RE: felicitation..."  ::| ::|

« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 04:35:48 am by Jawir »

cdmoreland

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Main: Waesed Waesech
    • View Profile
    • Ad Libertatem
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2014, 08:39:13 am »
The forum is acting weird.

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2014, 10:19:28 am »
Yep, still borked. It shows me two threads and I believe they were originally one and I can't see all the posts even in the reappeared tailor thread.

Mariana Xiechai

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2014, 04:32:43 pm »
Yeah. My old tailoring thread is up now, but I started a new one. Can anyone tell me if that one's broken too?

CheatCat

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2014, 02:45:28 am »
Perhaps upgrading to SMF 2.0.9 would fix this?

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2014, 09:12:53 am »
Oddly, after reading all threads - one locked thread shows up as unread - "The Tailor".
I can't help wondering why it is locked, and why it continues to show up as unread...

If y'all end up trashing the forum and starting over from scratch, do I get to keep my post count?  :p

Venalan

• Global Moderator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2014, 10:37:16 am »
From what I can work out there was a massive failure of the forums but not everything was equally broken. It seems posts were lost but the IDs were not. So you are now getting all sorts of weird things like players coming up as recently posting in a thread they have not posted in. Topics/thread missing from boards they were originally posted in. Links to topics/threads actually linking to the wrong topic/thread... And with Rigwyn a thread coming up unread despite being read, which is likely related to the bad links.

I have mentioned it to Talad but I'm not sure if he has looked in detail at anything yet. But it does look like a lot of stuff is quite messed up.

And I locked the first tailor topic by request.

bilbous

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2014, 02:59:02 pm »
It was the North Koreans, I tell you! They are jealous of our Kran recipes.

cdmoreland

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Ad Libertatem
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2014, 07:00:14 pm »
It was the North Koreans, I tell you! They are jealous of our Kran recipes.

I thought it was the Chinese after our women! ;)

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2014, 02:51:22 am »
Don't joke about China and women; it's a sad thing how little value daughters have there.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

cdmoreland

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Ad Libertatem
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2014, 10:59:14 am »
Don't joke about China and women; it's a sad thing how little value daughters have there.

:offtopic:
Making light of a serious problem may help some to see the reality of the situation. Even the Chi-coms are seeing the results of their plunder and working to change it. It will upset the greenie-wienies that want the world population reduced by 2/3.

Volki

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2014, 05:07:57 am »

Gag Harmond for SocJu presidente 2k14!

But seriously, how can you people not stay on topic? Is this an old person thing? And yes, I did just refer to old people as "you people".
Lace dark dreadfull power inside him awakens now fully resultin his former self comin back lord of dark noble house shantae of mevango family lacertus shadowone mevango also knowed as darkblade of shadows

Divod

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2014, 11:11:24 am »
Don't worry, you young whipper-snappers will get here someday. :offtopic: \\o//

bilbous

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2014, 03:50:14 pm »
My joke was a way to imply that it was likely a hack instead of just a failure. It was overloaded with a comment on the sorry state of the mass of people living in that country. And lastly it was a kran dig at all the carbo-critters that have to eat life.

Never say one thin when you can say three with the same words.