Author Topic: Chat migration to discord chat client.  (Read 762 times)

Venalan

• Global Moderator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Chat migration to discord chat client.
« on: January 04, 2019, 02:45:12 pm »
Hi everyone,

You may or may not be aware but along with the move to UE as our game engine we have also made the move away from IRC as our main chat location.

We now have PlaneShift discord server where all the Devs, GMs, and UE contributors are active daily. To gain access you can follow this invitation link https://discord.gg/f9y6TFjvnf

I look forward to seeing you there.

Venalan.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 10:10:34 am by Talad »

Damola

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Chat migration to discord chat client.
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2019, 04:19:46 am »
Any recommendation for a Linux based client for discord? Or would we just use a web browser?
Love,
Damola

netforce10

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2019, 04:59:48 am »
I'm fairly sure the only client would be discord's own client, it is what it is I suppose.
Larili Soriol

Dilihin

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • you can always find me on IRC: JeHugawa @freenode
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2019, 09:39:05 am »
Too bad Discord doesn't have any other clients besides your own. Discord allows you to download from their own site .deb and .tar.gz, Besides that you can try installing from AUR if you are on Arch Linux. I think Ubuntus Snap store thing has Discord but i'm not familiar with it to say for sure, besides snap there's alternatives like Flatpak. Other noteworthy thing is that while the text part runs just fine, you will still need pulseaudio for voice chat. Hope this helps Damola

Damola

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2019, 01:33:06 pm »
I see. Well I am not sure whether I like to install yet another chat client from a third party source. For know I am reachable on IRC, in game and in forum. I did not use out of game chat very much anyway.
Love,
Damola

Ralas

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Explorers Guild
    • View Profile
    • Reincrownation :D
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2019, 08:34:15 pm »
I'm not leaving.
Yliakum, a really big crystal. These are the voyages of the Explorers Guild.  Its ongoing mission: to explore strange new maps, to seek out new life and new NPCs.  To boldly glitch where no one has glitched before.

www.reincrownation.com :D