Author Topic: Tournament of Shadows  (Read 1832 times)

Xemmas

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Tournament of Shadows
« on: April 12, 2009, 02:02:18 am »
A Dlayo Gladiator approaches,
with no warning to attack a Stone Breaker and sent him to the Death Realm.

Not happy for the trip to the land of the goddess Dakkru, The Stone Breaker decide to pray,
Asking for the save travel of his spirit through the land of the death. He goes
into the Black Crystal room, Oriven looks at him for a moment and then he turns
his sight away from the Stone breaker.

By the skulls on the left of Oriven the dwarf put some night mushrooms and with a whisper he cast a spell from the red way and lights the mushrooms… The smell is everywhere, the Stone breaker sits by one of the books and starts to pray and meditates, and the effect of the
mushrooms is starting to affect the small creature and making him fall into a deep sleep…

Asleep the Stone breaker from the dark warmongers had a dream about the goddess Dakkru, she spoke to him… she reminds him in what he believes: In the death, in sacrifice. In the dream she spokes to him, telling him that is time for the livings to know the ways of the death,the meaning of self sacrifice.

Dakkru: Xemmas Egaveff I summoned you to honor my name in a tournament but not a normal one but a magic tournament a tournament in which death is the key to victory death will be the end of the road for you and your partner this will be a tournament of which the greatest
mage's and the greatest warriors fight it combat till the last man standing.

Xemmas: My great goddess! How can you be speaking to me!! Such an insignificant
dwarf! Or is just an effect of the mushrooms? NO! I believe in what I see! How
can I do such a thing! I’m not fit for the job!

Dakkru: yes you are my great Stone Breaker, You and your guild are my choice to
give the land of the dead some blood to be shed in the name of your great
goddess, and some entertainment for myself. Think and plan the great Tournament
of Shadows in my name!

Xemmas: I will do my best to try! I won’t disappoint you!

Dakkru: I hope you won’t, otherwise you will be punished for!

Was it real? Was it just a dream? Was the prey for something good really happening? The dwarf didn't know what to believe, He didn't know if real or not…but he cannot disrespect his goddess, and this message was a clear vision, at least for him.

Running he finds his way out of the Realm of Death, Runs to his guild mates that where gathered at the house, at the furs penthouse he runs into his mates, He convince all other guild mates to support a tournament of dark mage's and deadly warriors. The support he got was unbelievable and they start planning the tournament. The place had to be the Death realm for as the creatures in there are vile hideous beasts it is the perfect test for all who wish to take part must make their way past these beasts to continue to the dueling sight the great library, the library offers the knowledge of death and a perfect space and view. The librarian Londris will never oppose to the goddess wishes.

They believe the ways of the light are not fit to this tournament so the contenders had to travel to this land to fight. The duels will be held until the last man stands because the goddess is honored
by the act of death! Magic, was never used before in such form and will be the turning point and primary element of this tournament.

With a massive Sacrifice, guide by the most evil dwarf of the Warmongers, Calak, will lead the contestants into make a tribute to the goddess, and at the same time travel and be receive into her Realm, and grant the contestants luck and fortune in the great event.

WELCOME TO THE TOURNAMENT OF SHADOWS

The tournament will be divide it into 2 categories: All magic mages and All magic mages + Brw

Rules:
1 Players will be fighting against each others, one Magician and one Warrior. The magician can only attack
the other magician until is defeat it, when is defeat the other they can attack the warrior. The warrios are able to attack anyone they want.

2 The use of potions of healing or mana is not forbidden but is controlled
-Magicians: full Mana via potions once, and full healing via potions twice.
-Warriors cannot use any potions at all.
The use of potions is going to be controlled via groups, because moderators can see the increase of decrease of life and mana.

3 The use of Healing spells is allow, only of curse by the magician and cant use it on themselves, only on the warrior.

4 The use of weapons for magicians is forbidden. The use of rings is allow

5 The magician can use any kind of magic except Flying Stones

6 the fight has no time limit, althou it wont last a lot.  ;)

7 Leaving the Area of fighting would mean automatically discualification

8 the tournament is base on deathmatch Winner advances and looser is out.

9 Prize would be given to 1st and 2nd because is in pairs. 40% for the winners and 30% for the second place.

10 The magician can use any kind of spell they decided. except flying stones

11 Entry fee is 45k Trias per couple!

Brown tournament: same rules but the magician is able to use flying stones and in rule #2:

The use of potions of healing or mana is not forbidden but is controlled
-Magicians: full Mana via potions twice, and full healing via potions 3 times.

The Event will take place on May 2nd at 6pm GMT, The order will and fights will be decided randomly and the first tournament will be the one with most contestants.
Also in case you didn't catch it, Is going to take place at the DR Library
We The Dark Warmongers hope you all enjoy this event!!!!  :)

« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 02:05:34 am by Xemmas »
Ummm.... Klyros For BBQ!!!!!

Vannaka

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Tournament of Shadows
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2009, 11:53:25 am »
A good idea, it sounds like fun.  However... if I may provide a small criticism...

-Warriors cannot use any potions at all.
The use of potions is going to be controlled via groups, because moderators can see the increase of decrease of life and mana.

Full healing twice for magicians - 2400 hp total (assuming they use their potions as late as possible)
Full mana once for magicians - 444 mana total (same assumptions)

I don't know how it is for other ways and other levels, but at level 142 dark way this means if I were to be the magician I would run out of mana before they ran out of health, and due to rule #4 I couldn't use weapons, so I'd just have to sit there waiting to die.

Also a question, rule 4 says that magicians can't use weapons, does this mean magicians cannot attack others using weapons, or does it mean that they can't even hold a weapon in their hand?  Most magicians would carry a seduction weapon to boost health, or a weapon "of ways," "of laanx's mind," or spellweave to boost their magic level.
Censorship FTW.

Prolix

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2009, 12:01:41 pm »
hmm what about melee attacks by wizards? no weapons there....

Xemmas

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2009, 12:40:16 pm »
I don't know how it is for other ways and other levels, but at level 142 dark way this means if I were to be the magician I would run out of mana before they ran out of health, and due to rule #4 I couldn't use weapons, so I'd just have to sit there waiting to die.

Also a question, rule 4 says that magicians can't use weapons, does this mean magicians cannot attack others using weapons, or does it mean that they can't even hold a weapon in their hand?  Most magicians would carry a seduction weapon to boost health, or a weapon "of ways," "of laanx's mind," or spellweave to boost their magic level.

They Cannot use weapons at all,however any melee attack is permitted. Remember that the warrior is going to be there as well, both have to work on a strategy to defeat the other team. the idea of the tournament is not to win by power, but to win by strategy and skill. That way we belive is more interesting and fun

gogort

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2009, 01:01:33 am »
Registrations are open for tournament or you can show up the day of the event ill park my char online ((gogort zzyzx)) to catch any in game tells if your interested allso or have any questions

im on daily  @ 10:00pm-12:30am or when my eyes close you can allso add xemmas or one of the others mentioned in the flyers marked
"dark tournament" to friends list for correspondence
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 03:39:13 pm by gogort »

dragnoor

• Hydlaa Resident
  • -Talad only knows-
    • View Profile
    • nexus of devotion
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2009, 10:11:55 am »
Good day Dark warmongers.
A truly original and noble idea. My attendance along with a good friend of mine. is written in stone. But Vannaka rightly pointed out that the mage must be allowed to carry spellweave/darkweave/seduction - weps of his choice in order to supplement his magery ability. Just to equip the weapons but not actually use them on opponants.
May i suggest to redress this balance, that Mages be forbidden to wear armor. This will make it hard for my collegues to protect them selves in close combat.

gogort

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2009, 03:37:18 pm »
sounds like a idea dragnoor ill pass word along to xemmas

are we certain armor has no effect on magic attacks?

Vannaka

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2009, 04:35:42 pm »
are we certain armor has no effect on magic attacks?

I'm certain that normal armors have no effect on magical attacks, however some looted stuff can boost stats or magic levels.  (very rare helms and such)
Censorship FTW.

Xemmas

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2009, 05:08:52 pm »
I've received many messages saying that people dont like the weapons idea... I can make the desition by myself but I surely can ask and try to see what can be done about it... if there is any change well I'll post it here :)

Xemmas

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2009, 06:15:05 pm »
After serious consideration among guildmates, we came to decided that Dragnoor has a good point, as well as Vannaka, therefore:

The use of weapons either magical or normal is allow but they are forbidden to use them in battle. That means that in the case the mage is alone and out of mana... is done (there is why we are basing the tournament on magician/warrior strategy)

To make things a little more equivalent we also are forbidden the use of Armor to magicians ( good suggestion Dragnoor). Not even helms because as Vannaka rightly point out are some with magical effects.

Unfortunatelly the DW magician with 1 or 2 Laanx Mind weapons can compare themselves with Brw magician as for then They will sing up in the BrW category. If not it would be very unfair for other magicians with no capacity to adquiere a Laanx mind.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 06:31:07 pm by Xemmas »

Vannaka

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2009, 07:37:49 pm »
Unfortunatelly the DW magician with 1 or 2 Laanx Mind weapons can compare themselves with Brw magician as for then They will sing up in the BrW category. If not it would be very unfair for other magicians with no capacity to adquiere a Laanx mind.

When comparing any two different magic ways the outcome is basically guaranteed from the start.  A maxed dark way mage with 2 working laanx's mind weapons WILL lose to a brown way mage, just like a maxed crystal way mage would lose to that dark way mage.  None of the ways are close enough to being equal strength that you can't predict the outcome in advance.

Placing them in the brown way category just means instead of a dark way mage with 2 laanx's minds winning the other category, now a crystal way mage with 2 powerful spellweaves will win it.  If you're going to categorize into different sections by magic way, why not simply have one category for each way, so all CW mages fight CW mages, all DW fight DW, all BrW fight BrW, and so on?  The way I see it, since no two ways are equally matched, there should either be a category for each way or no categories at all.

Please take this as honest constructive criticism, my motives may seem impure due to the fact that I am possibly the only dark way mage with two laanx's mind weapons that doesn't also have brown way maxed... But this has nothing to do with my opinions, since I actually won't be entering the competition regardless of which rules change and which stay.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A mage and warrior team tournament is a great idea, and is also a tournament type I haven't seen in planeshift yet, but I think with the current mechanics it's going to be tough to pull off.  I think it would be a good idea to group up with some of the people entering the tournament and some of the people who are familiar with both magic and weapons PvP mechanics so you can hash out some of the issues that will be troublesome during your tournament:

• Effectively monitoring potion use (won't be as easy as you think)
  • Reasonable limits on potion use (should a maxed brow way mage have mana to kill both his opponents even after their healing potions?)
  • Categorically separating different ways (the way you currently have it set up guarantees which ways will win which category)
  • Other issues that I'm sure will pop up along the way (they always do, don't they?  :detective: )

Feel free to talk to me about any of these things, I'd be glad to help you with your tournament.  I hope it's okay with other players if I drop a few names here, but I think these are some of the people whose opinions could be most helpful in sorting out problems with the mechanics of a mage/warrior team tournament:

Perlan, Ikon, Patuljaka, Svuun, Loyni, Dragonis, Phaat, and Hanace.
(and no, not all of them are friends of mine, they're people who are most familiar with these issues and PvP mechanics)

I hope my ideas have helped, and will help you with your event.  Once again, a great idea, and I wish you the best of luck.

~Van~

[edit]:
I just thought of another problem while talking with Ikon, the rules state that the mage must kill the other mage before attacking the warrior, but the warrior may attack either of his opponents.

Scenario: Two mages are casting at each other rapid-fire style, one warrior lands a non-fatal blow on an enemy mage.

If you haven't thought about this, or aren't familiar enough with PvP combat to know, the struck mage's target will automatically switch to the warrior who hit him, and the warrior will die almost instantly.  However the first rule says that the mage can't attack the warrior yet.  What happens then?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 07:50:34 pm by Vannaka »
Censorship FTW.

IkonRevisions

• Traveller
  • Fusion of Heart & Reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2009, 08:03:12 pm »
I figure after reading Vannaka’s honest critique which highlighted many of the shortcomings that are inherent in a tournament of this type,
I feel compelled to add upon what has already been said. Here are a few points that I must reinforce and make clear to those organizing this tournament.

1)  As Vannaka has already stated, once you commit to isolating Brown Way mage teams to a separate category by default you should then
separate all classes of mages into their own category based on the same principle guiding you to the decision to have Brown way combatants put
in their own class. It is no mystery to those with experience in combat magic that certain ways of magic will always win over others without the element
of surprise or an unbalanced use of potions.

2)  The use of magic in organized tournaments leaves hardly anything up to skill but rather on initial reaction time and the power of the spells, they
sling at their opponent. In addition, the lethality of magic used properly makes the presence of a combatant using close range weapons nothing
more then a nuisance to the mages on either side. Only mages who lose track of the fighter or are of lesser intelligence will have any trouble avoiding
the warrior of the other team while they attempt to dispatch the other mage. After the mages batter and one is left victorious he then
(with the current rules in place) has enough mana to easily kill the other team’s warrior who is not allowed to use any magic or potions to heal himself.

This brings me to why I even speak up about the concerns I have for such a tournament. I would like to see this tournament work and be fun for all that are
involved because it is fresh and if effort is taken it can become one to remember. However, there is much think over and adjust before this form of tournament
can be successful and entertaining to those watching and those participating. Please feel free to contact me and I will offer any advice I can on how to make this
tournament come together. Also, I am sure all of the people Vannaka mentioned as well as Vannaka himself could also offer worthwhile advice.

Regards,

Ikon Revisions
"Colours die where flowers grow"

d egale

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2009, 09:37:44 pm »

When comparing any two different magic ways the outcome is basically guaranteed from the start.  A maxed dark way mage with 2 working laanx's mind weapons WILL lose to a brown way mage, just like a maxed crystal way mage would lose to that dark way mage.  None of the ways are close enough to being equal strength that you can't predict the outcome in advance.

acualy vannaka as i have seen it hapen a dw mage with 2 lanxx minds and a max brw mage.... both uising the same cast method for the fastest casting posable in game.... the brw mage won by 0.7% heath each time i saw it tested and preaty much the same with CW vs DW witch i tested myself.... the DW beet the CW to 20% health each time but by just that much..... compaired with trying to dodge the warriors attacks i think it will be fairly even to do it this way :) and if the warrior lands a hit the other mage will be casting rapid fire at the enamy mage aswell so that would make the target switch back almost instantly.... maby max one cast to the warrior :) so that solves your problem there

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I figure after reading Vannaka’s honest critique which highlighted many of the shortcomings that are inherent in a tournament of this type,
I feel compelled to add upon what has already been said. Here are a few points that I must reinforce and make clear to those organizing this tournament.

1)  As Vannaka has already stated, once you commit to isolating Brown Way mage teams to a separate category by default you should then
separate all classes of mages into their own category based on the same principle guiding you to the decision to have Brown way combatants put
in their own class. It is no mystery to those with experience in combat magic that certain ways of magic will always win over others without the element
of surprise or an unbalanced use of potions.

i disagree with separating all classes of mages into difrent dules because if we do this the shere variaty of the ways will make it so that there is only two or 3 in the crystal catagory, the same with the dark way catagory and probably 10 or more in the brown way catagory {also with the dark way in the same catagory then unlike vannaka who gets tria preaty easaly what about thows people who dont have all day to spend on ps and mine and so therefor dont have 2 million tria to spend on a pair of lanxx mind weapons and then have vannaka or some other dw mage kill them all because of it.... i for one dont see that as fair or fun witch is why i personaly told xemmas of my fealings on this and of what the facts were about 2 lanxx mind weilding max dw mages and BRW mages.... there both basicly equil when there matched against each other

----------------------------------------------------------------------

2)  The use of magic in organized tournaments leaves hardly anything up to skill but rather on initial reaction time and the power of the spells, they
sling at their opponent. In addition, the lethality of magic used properly makes the presence of a combatant using close range weapons nothing
more then a nuisance to the mages on either side. Only mages who lose track of the fighter or are of lesser intelligence will have any trouble avoiding
the warrior of the other team while they attempt to dispatch the other mage. After the mages batter and one is left victorious he then
(with the current rules in place) has enough mana to easily kill the other team’s warrior who is not allowed to use any magic or potions to heal himself.

any mage can loose track of the fighter at any time.... just think we are going to be in the death realm lybrary.... there are 3 book shelvs witch any fighter can duck behind and hit the mage or they can go for a strate on atack..... when im using magic and im trying to cast dw {fastest atack spell in the game} and im running around about 1 3rd of my casts are cancled because i am turning {witch you will have to do in order to keep alive in there} and mages can always be seen in position wise from the fighter as they are casting spells and the spells have GUI that goes in one direction.... that meens a clever eye can pin point the area the GUI is coming from and therefor pinpoint the mage and as for the mana isue i feal the warriors should also have healing potions and after one full health refill then the mage will be out of mana and it will be up for the other teams warrior to take the enamy warrior out.... this is not a flaw this would be fair..... this also meens that if the enamy warrior hits your friendly mage they are going to die and there for you will aswell...... its not unfair it is a resonable step to make the tourny worth acualy relying on the warriors.... the warriors should be a valued part of the team and should be usefull they should have to work towards there prize insted of just relying on the mage to slauter evrything in there path :) and as far as ways other then dark crystal and brown.... i have no clue about them but i highly doubt a way mage with anything other then thows ways used will enter being as thows ways are not close to combat effective and this is a fight to the death but i myself will try to find ways to acomadate these other mages {just dont hold me acountable if i cant because it will be hard}

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This brings me to why I even speak up about the concerns I have for such a tournament. I would like to see this tournament work and be fun for all that are
involved because it is fresh and if effort is taken it can become one to remember. However, there is much think over and adjust before this form of tournament
can be successful and entertaining to those watching and those participating. Please feel free to contact me and I will offer any advice I can on how to make this
tournament come together. Also, I am sure all of the people Vannaka mentioned as well as Vannaka himself could also offer worthwhile advice.

Regards,

Ikon Revisions

ikon i thank you greatly as a friend and as a helping hand in organising the tournamant being that these are valid points that i have hoped to help clear up.... i will be talking with xemmas for the second one and i will try to clear this up with him and the other organisers.... i would also like to thanks vannaka for bringing up these points origonaly and all who are wanting to perticapate and help make this tourny a better one..... i hope i have cleared up some questions and hope to make them better..... now let the tourny begin and let the bodys hit the floor!

peace.....

*edit* new rules confermed posting

A Dlayo Gladiator approaches,
with no warning to attack a Stone Breaker and sent him to the Death Realm.

Not happy for the trip to the land of the goddess Dakkru, The Stone Breaker decide to pray,
Asking for the save travel of his spirit through the land of the death. He goes
into the Black Crystal room, Oriven looks at him for a moment and then he turns
his sight away from the Stone breaker.

By the skulls on the left of Oriven the dwarf put some night mushrooms and with a whisper he cast a spell from the red way and lights the mushrooms… The smell is everywhere, the Stone breaker sits by one of the books and starts to pray and meditates, and the effect of the
mushrooms is starting to affect the small creature and making him fall into a deep sleep…

Asleep the Stone breaker from the dark warmongers had a dream about the goddess Dakkru, she spoke to him… she reminds him in what he believes: In the death, in sacrifice. In the dream she spokes to him, telling him that is time for the livings to know the ways of the death,the meaning of self sacrifice.

Dakkru: Xemmas Egaveff I summoned you to honor my name in a tournament but not a normal one but a magic tournament a tournament in which death is the key to victory death will be the end of the road for you and your partner this will be a tournament of which the greatest
mage's and the greatest warriors fight it combat till the last man standing.

Xemmas: My great goddess! How can you be speaking to me!! Such an insignificant
dwarf! Or is just an effect of the mushrooms? NO! I believe in what I see! How
can I do such a thing! I’m not fit for the job!

Dakkru: yes you are my great Stone Breaker, You and your guild are my choice to
give the land of the dead some blood to be shed in the name of your great
goddess, and some entertainment for myself. Think and plan the great Tournament
of Shadows in my name!

Xemmas: I will do my best to try! I won’t disappoint you!

Dakkru: I hope you won’t, otherwise you will be punished for!

Was it real? Was it just a dream? Was the prey for something good really happening? The dwarf didn't know what to believe, He didn't know if real or not…but he cannot disrespect his goddess, and this message was a clear vision, at least for him.

Running he finds his way out of the Realm of Death, Runs to his guild mates that where gathered at the house, at the furs penthouse he runs into his mates, He convince all other guild mates to support a tournament of dark mage's and deadly warriors. The support he got was unbelievable and they start planning the tournament. The place had to be the Death realm for as the creatures in there are vile hideous beasts it is the perfect test for all who wish to take part must make their way past these beasts to continue to the dueling sight the great library, the library offers the knowledge of death and a perfect space and view. The librarian Londris will never oppose to the goddess wishes.

They believe the ways of the light are not fit to this tournament so the contenders had to travel to this land to fight. The duels will be held until the last man stands because the goddess is honored
by the act of death! Magic, was never used before in such form and will be the turning point and primary element of this tournament.

With a massive Sacrifice, guide by the most evil dwarf of the Warmongers, Calak, will lead the contestants into make a tribute to the goddess, and at the same time travel and be receive into her Realm, and grant the contestants luck and fortune in the great event.

WELCOME TO THE TOURNAMENT OF SHADOWS

The tournament will be divide it into 2 categories: All magic mages and All magic mages + Brw

Rules:
1 Players will be fighting against each others, one Magician and one Warrior. The magician can only attack
the other magician until is defeat it, when is defeat the other they can attack the warrior. The warrios are able to attack anyone they want.

EDIT
-Warriors *CAN* use one full heal... no more
healings would be expected to be in one big burst doing anything else may cause suspition and posably get you kicked out of the tournament

3 The use of Healing spells is allow, only of curse by the magician and cant use it on themselves, only on the warrior.

EDIT
4 the use of weapons is forbiddon *UNLESS* you are a dark way mage wishing to wield 1 or 2 lanxx minds and enter the brown way class of the tournament

5 The magician can use any kind of magic except Flying Stones

6 the fight has no time limit, althou it wont last a lot.  Wink

7 Leaving the Area of fighting would mean automatically discualification

8 the tournament is base on deathmatch Winner advances and looser is out.

9 Prize would be given to 1st and 2nd because is in pairs. 40% for the winners and 30% for the second place.

10 The magician can use any kind of spell they decided. except flying stones unless in the brown way section of the tournament

11 Entry fee is 45k Trias per team!

EDIT
12 mages may *NOT* ware any armour at all this includes helms and body armour shields are alright tho and is perfered if you wish to enter the tourny being that it stops you from attacking

Brown tournament: same rules but the magician is able to use flying stones and in rule #2:

The use of potions of healing or mana is not forbidden but is controlled
-Magicians: full Mana via potions twice, and full healing via potions 2 times
-Warriors: full healing via potions once - and mana is not needed since warriors canot cast spells

The Event will take place on May 2nd at 6pm GMT, The order will and fights will be decided randomly and the first tournament will be the one with most contestants.
Also in case you didn't catch it, Is going to take place at the DR Library
We The Dark Warmongers hope you all enjoy this event!!!! and thank all who perticapate! Smiley
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 11:10:09 pm by d egale »
Calak: screwing up advisor mode since 2009

Vannaka

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2009, 01:27:24 am »
acualy vannaka as i have seen it hapen a dw mage with 2 lanxx minds and a max brw mage.... both uising the same cast method for the fastest casting posable in game.... the brw mage won by 0.7% heath each time

I think you should retest, it wasn't even close when I tested it, and I've tested several times.

i disagree with separating all classes of mages into difrent dules because if we do this the shere variaty of the ways will make it so that there is only two or 3 in the crystal catagory, the same with the dark way catagory and probably 10 or more in the brown way catagory

If you allow players to enter into more than one of the categories you will have several that will be able to enter both the crystal and brown way.  I don't really know how many dark way mages are out there though, so perhaps it's a good point.  Maybe you should find out what different types of mages are interested and then see about how easily categories would be filled?

{also with the dark way in the same catagory then unlike vannaka who gets tria preaty easaly what about thows people who dont have all day to spend on ps and mine and so therefor dont have 2 million tria to spend on a pair of lanxx mind weapons and then have vannaka or some other dw mage kill them all because of it....

I actually won't be entering, I don't think I can make that date.  Also very little of my cash actually came from mining  ;)
Besides that, if you did make a separate category for each way then I wouldn't expect that you allow items that modify levels, because then it wouldn't be a fighting tournament, it would be a tournament to see who can get the best equipment.

any mage can loose track of the fighter at any time.... just think we are going to be in the death realm lybrary.... there are 3 book shelvs witch any fighter can duck behind and hit the mage or they can go for a strate on atack.....

Since the opposing mage can only use magic, and not weapons, it won't be necessary for the mages to keep track of each other.  This means that the only thing the mages have to worry about movement-wise is making sure they aren't near the fighter.  When fighting with multiple weapon-users it can be difficult to keep track of them all, but the one single warrior will be the mage's only concern as far as movement goes, and won't be too difficult.  The book shelves do indeed make nice places to hide, and to stay out of the mage's line of sight... however if the warrior takes the time to run out of sight for long enough that the mage loses track of him, the fight will already be over since magic is so powerful.

i have no clue about them but i highly doubt a way mage with anything other then thows ways used will enter being as thows ways are not close to combat effective and this is a fight to the death but i myself will try to find ways to acomadate these other mages

I don't really know the relative strength, but I know azure way DOES have a pretty decent attacking spell.  I'm sure it's not as good as crystal or brown way, since the max level is 50 lower, but without weapons modifying stats it could be comparable to dark way.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i myself will try to find ways to acomadate these other mages

I think that's a great idea.  Maybe the teams could be expanded from just a warrior/mage pair to include multiple warriors and mages of different ways.  I could see a great event coming from each type of fighter being required to use their skills in a certain way.  The following is just an example of what I mean, and is in no way a finished product, but rather just some garbled ideas that come to mind:

To solve the problem of fighters being unable to track down running mages, NO casters would be allowed to move.  To introduce some elements of strategy, no caster can attack another caster, and no offensive caster can use mana potions

Casters

Each team has one crystal way mage who is stationed at their team's starting side of the DR library.
The crystal way mage may only cast healing spells and "buff" spells, to help their team, but cannot attack OR be attacked.  As the non-offensive caster, the crystal way mage may use as many mana potions as he needs.

Each team may have one azure way mage who is stationed on the paths that wind over the library's book shelves.  The azure way mage may be attacked by any of the other team's warriors.  To dispatch the mage, one or more warriors would have to climb the spiral stair and kill him.

Two more mages from each team would be stationed at the center of the library, one brown way and one dark way.  These casters could attack any opposing warrior they choose, but would be quickly dispatched due to their vulnerable position.  These casters are not limited to attacking spells, and could cast "buffs" on themselves, or "debuffs" on enemies as they wish.

Warriors

In order to make the role of the warrior more interesting, the four warriors should all be required to use different weapon classes, and different armor classes.  As an example, one team could have a melee fighter wearing no armor, a dagger wielder wearing light armor, a sword wielder in medium armor, and an axe wielder in heavy armor.

The warriors would be allowed to attack any enemy, warrior or mage, with the exception of the crystal way mage who is not to be attacked by anyone.

An event like this uses larger teams and encourages players not only to work together, but also to come together to form a team.  Very few players have close friends that could fill each role in this event, so teams would be put together from different guilds, and would be harder to form.  I doubt very many teams would participate in this event because it's hard to gather such a group, but I think even 2 teams fighting a single match would be quite the show.

The idea would take more work and organization, but I think all in all it would turn out to be a more fair and entertaining event.  Yes, there would be a lot of organizational troubles with an event like that, and it's by no means perfect.  That's only my idea of the IDEAL PvP event.  I realize it's much too late in the game to simply change your event into something else, especially something as complex as this, but I think you should postpone your event and try to reorganize it in some other way, to eliminate the dominance of one particular magic way.

If anyone (dark warmongers or other) feels like they could organize an event similar to the short outline I just gave, please do take the idea.  I have neither the organizational skills nor the patience to do something that large.  Once again, everything I say is meant to be said with the utmost respect for the organizers of this event, and with the best intentions.  This is the first large-scale attempt at a warrior/mage combination PvP event, set the bar.  Don't let it flop.

~Van~
Censorship FTW.

Xemmas

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2009, 10:27:13 pm »
I have come to a resolution, with some test, the use of potions gives the caster 4 kills worth of many in different ways (I will not say witch to avoid troubles) and the healing 3 lives, therefore one will definitely die. The not use of armor gives for sure the warrior the advantage of hitting the mage and instantly defeat him. Because of the different lvl that the Laanx mind's weapons (and I will thank Vannaka for the info and help) provide from the categories, It wont be allow. The DW magician who usde them are highly overpowered to be in the all magic category, and not overpowered enough to be in the BrW category.

With all being said and the Rules will not change more (check Calak's post for the Edit of the rules) and we hope you enjoy the First Mage/warrior tournament!!!!!

COME AND JOIN!!!!!!!!!!                         ENJOY THE OPPORTUNITIES FOR SOME ROLEPLAY AND PVP FUN!!!!  \\o// \\o// \\o//

PS: Vannaka that idea for other tournament is very good one! ;)