Author Topic: Adraax: Klyro's City Project  (Read 51306 times)

Myriel

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Re: Adraax: Klyro's City Project
« Reply #1020 on: January 20, 2008, 02:28:29 pm »
Probably Klyros would preferably settle on the shore, while Nolthrir also live in the deeper waters. I think that makes enough difference, as the Klyros houses have to be stable enough to resist the tide and the waves, especially because they often have a second floor over the surface of the water. I somehow imagine Nolthrir houses more round and flat, while Klyros houses have more towers.

Inca Sator

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Was born in USSR
    • View Profile
    • inca.my1.ru
« Reply #1021 on: January 20, 2008, 03:36:42 pm »
I think guys, you don't trully try to read topics about KCP (and understand why : ) So, because i want you not to waste your creativity on things that already were developed - this is the concept of Adraax. A Harbour and Distant View from the sea (town at Low Tide period):

« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 03:40:52 pm by Inca Sator »

Zweitholou

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Art Department Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: January 20, 2008, 10:05:13 pm »
A week ago i first time watched movie "Piter Pan' (2003). There was a scene with mermaids. I wish all klyron women looks like these mermaids - with beautiful chinese faces, narrow eyes, without strange crest on the head. :)
This is not the best screenshot, but this is all i found in the net.

When you say without the head crest, do you mean that they should be bald or have hair? I do agree that they should be different. With many birds the male has bright colorful feathers used in attracting a mate, while the female is smaller with less ornate plumage.
peacock peahen
Also, I believe some male pterosaurs had fins used in attracting a mate. The female Pterosaurs lacked them.

Perhaps the female Klyros could have an alternate, less noticeable head fin.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 10:17:20 pm by Zweitholou »

Millian

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Be neutral.....be free...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: January 21, 2008, 12:15:31 am »
Nice you sure know a lot about arts
I don't want to be  spoiler or something but i thing the city need some green .....
It's look like a port with fish.....
Because PlaneShift sky alway gray ..... and  it look dark i don't like it much :(
But any way nice drawing  :)

PS:1-Sry i can't draw i'm suck
     2-Sry about my english i know i t suck but i'm only 12 and i'm Vietnamese
Calmness in the air

Inca Sator

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Was born in USSR
    • View Profile
    • inca.my1.ru
« Reply #1024 on: January 21, 2008, 12:46:23 am »
Zweitholou, sometime ago i tried to draw a klyros (for great Fan-Art Project in this Fan-Art thread). And the most bad and worst thing was that fishy fin on the head. I couldn't understand how to make it attractive. Also, i dislike the present look of the klyros in 3d, on earliest concept art it looks more prettily.
May be they can look like mermaids but with wings and legs. Because of that i took note on that chinese mermaid from "Piter Pan" movie. Narrow eyes without eyelashes, hands with membranes.. I like your ideas about the color and size of those fins.

Zweitholou

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Art Department Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: January 21, 2008, 04:21:54 am »
An interesting example is the sea people portrayed in Toni Diterlizzi's and Holly Black's Arthur Spiderwick's Field Guide to the Fantastical World Around You
Here is a link with an example.  http://mizdracona.deviantart.com/art/Spiderwick-Mermaid-68793005
The way sea animal body parts are incorporated gives it a realistic, sea-like feel. The 'eyebrows' are simple color patterns that mimic mammalian eyebrows. Also see the way hair is represented with fins and tentacles. I think this approach might work with Klyros females.

Below is a mohawk, which is a hairstyle that originated from a Native American tribe and hairstyle.
I feel that the male Klyros head fin is somewhat similar to this with webbed skin in between. I do think it might be nice to have fin color variation as a hair color choice eventually. A splash of red or yellow might help make the fin more attractive.

On a totally different subject, in response to the note that Klyros are skilled in decorative magic, I feel that they should be able to
1. create pictures which move
2. create "windows" such as are found in the Hydlaa secret garden, these would make the Klyros feel closer to nature while in buildings
3. have pictures and paints which change color, much as some squid can do with their skin
4. use magic to "bind" elements such as water and air and turn them into sculpture
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 02:06:21 pm by Zweitholou »

Baldur

• Veteran
  • Disillusioning since 1989
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant
« Reply #1026 on: January 29, 2008, 03:46:21 pm »
So they have finally awoken! An Official City Contest!
The individual thread i've set up to not contaminate this thread:
http://hydlaa.com/smf/index.php?topic=31386.new#new

.:ZEN:.

• Hydlaa Resident
  • PENGUINS ^_^
    • View Profile
    • My Freeweb
« Reply #1027 on: February 12, 2008, 04:01:19 am »
Great work...

[hahaha page 69 XD]

sgtkwol

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: March 30, 2008, 08:29:38 am »
I'm not 100% how far along this project is, but it seems to be doing good.  Is there something good for a person that is getting towards the intermediate stage of blender, that still needs to be done?  I would like to use this to advance my skills a little and contribute to PS at the same time.

Baldur

• Veteran
  • Disillusioning since 1989
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant
« Reply #1029 on: April 03, 2008, 04:34:39 am »
http://adraax.19.forumer.com/index.php?sid=b0145560e613e2b86642406dd9cd7d25 please check on out forum in the Finished Concepts cathegory. Right now we have a lot of concepts for wildlife. If you want to make an item instead of an animal then visit the "Names and Places" section to find names and short descriptions.

You should only make concepts or models of the things mentioned in the "Finished Concepts" thread. Those have been approved by older team members as valid ideas.

miadon

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: January 22, 2010, 07:52:54 pm »
What ever happened to this.. it kind of died :(

P.S

I'm alive! :)
- MiadonCam (Refresh page to see live in game Miadon Action!!)

Yaniel

« Reply #1031 on: January 23, 2010, 05:14:57 am »
I hope it's not dead because it seems to be a really cool project. The community should be able to contribute at least to the world (if not to the engine). Because: that would speed up content development a lot and it would bring some more versatility to the game because there are more different people doing it.

Akkaido Kivikar

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: January 23, 2010, 05:21:42 am »
afaik it sort of got sucked into the Amdeneir Project. I'm not sure if they're one and the same.

Zweitholou

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Art Department Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: January 23, 2010, 06:23:05 pm »
At some point this project was given the no go for various reasons, or so I am told.  It was kept going to keep helpin potential new team members learn.  Several of the people who contributed to the art side of Adraax were drawn to amdeneir, and thusly have been focusing their time on Amdeneir instead of Adraax, as Amdeneir has permission to go in game once it is finished.
However, I do not know of any reason Adraax cannot continue to develop if people are willing, though if anyone can help on the art side of it we'd love help with Amdeneir.  It is a large city, and the piece we are close to finishing is just the lower quarter, leaving a large amount to be done. 

Falcon Avian

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: April 07, 2010, 10:02:48 pm »
Esorono wants to see the city! \\o//

I have an ego so large it has it's own gravity. So in short, yes, everything does revolve around me.