Author Topic: Names in demos  (Read 4964 times)

kyalin

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2002, 08:59:29 pm »
oh that nice to say

Kada-El

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2002, 09:00:08 pm »
Originally posted by Bill
Just change the shape of those snacks....

Sorry Bill.....um forgot you are a similar shape

You don\'t complain about Jelly Babies do you? (does everyone else have those in their country? - Don\'t answer that, it\'ll go way, way off topic ;) )

kyalin

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2002, 09:01:22 pm »
I wont answer cause I have no idea what jelly babies are ?(

Tearlach t'an Ailech fin Leros

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2002, 09:44:10 pm »
This thread is spammed, but anyway I must thank you Kada-El for praising the originality of my name, if you are going to play an elf I can learn you the Eon system for making it, I am not sure if I\'m going to use this name, cause I\'m not playing an elf, besides it\'s not the whole name, (yes elfs have long names, but they got all time in the world.)
Join The Order Of The Hand .
The rules are being updated, mail me if you are interested in knowing them.
\"Down in their hearts, wise men know this truth: the only way to help yourself is to help others.\"
Never take life seriously; nobody gets out alive anyway.

Kada-El

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2002, 11:22:30 pm »
Originally posted by Tearlach t\'an Ailech fin Leros
This thread is spammed

Sorry I\'m partly to blame for that - and I get annoyed when other people do it! :rolleyes:
There are still some good points amongst the spam ;)

Originally posted by Tearlach t\'an Ailech fin Leros
if you are going to play an elf I can learn you the Eon system for making it

I may well play an elf and I love the elven names and definately would be interested in the naming system, but I\'m getting quite attached to Kada as well :)

Thanks Tearlach

Bill

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2002, 11:48:42 pm »
Thanks Kada. And you don\'t get \"attached\" to Kada-El, you become Kada, you seize Kada, you, are Kada-El!

In other words, the name\'s awesome don\'t ditch it.

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2002, 01:37:21 pm »
Tearlach thinks we can give Kada-El a new name that starts with Kada and we can see about El, what will it be for character? (Mage, Proud Warrior, Regular Warrior, Bard, Ranger, trader (of some sort)).
\"Down in their hearts, wise men know this truth: the only way to help yourself is to help others.\"

Kada-El

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2002, 03:43:13 pm »
Ranger I think, or maybe a rogue type character (a bit of lockpicking and other thief skills would be very handy ;))

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2002, 07:57:01 pm »
Kada Shol (your family name) t\'an (insert mothers name) t\'an (insert your mothers mother name and so on).
If your introducing yourself to a person you hae not met before it is honorable to say who your mentor was:
(insert mentors name) sarik sheldiv avo Kada.
Means My mentor (actually Kadas mentor) is (name).
Here you have it, only problem is to find out some elvish names. (your mother)
Elves usually survives a few hundred years then they die out of pure sadness. (becomes inward before, usually when they are 200 hundred years).

Kada-El

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2002, 11:23:27 pm »
Thank you for the info, I had fun with that  :D

Kada Shol t\'an Aira\'El-ya-tril

I fear though, I may have to abandon the safe life of my quiet family homestead, living off the land under my father\'s watchful eye is no life for me - I seek a little fun, excitement and perhaps a nice trinket or two ;) .
I leave my true elven name at home where it belongs and head for Yliakum - much to my family\'s horror and disapproval.

I shall be known there as Kada-El :)

(Kada-El seems to translate fairly well according to some sources, Ka meaning Dragon  and El meaning green, or Kadae-el translates as white dragon hawk. Apparently the elven language is so full of subtlety and nuance that it is extemely difficult to fully understand it. Two names may sound the same to a human, but an elf would know the difference).

kyalin

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2002, 11:27:13 pm »
Man, thats all complicated.  My name doesnt mean anything. I got it off a random name generator.

Malastare

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
kada-el
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2002, 01:35:54 am »
kada el whos the girl in ur sig?

Ohtar the Kran  

antonio842

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2002, 03:45:15 am »
the girl in her sig ( i think) is just a picture off the net or somthin like that

Bigfoot

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2002, 05:33:11 am »
Is it just me or are the Kran players finaly coming out of the cracks in the cliff face... I thought I was the only one wanting to be a Rocker.

... im no longer alone!

Bigfoot

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2002, 05:51:57 am »
Opps forgot to answer the topic...

Well i believe names wil not be carryed on from demo to demo and once released and the game goes gold the names will be wiped (as they normaly are done in commercial mmorpgs after beta... along with all the players stats and stuff, complete server wipe).

Id like to remind you all that this first demo is a Tech Demo... by that i mean its a technology demo. A small sneak peak at what where trying to do and accomplish. Basicly you will be limited to a couple of maps little to no interface, might have chat, only a few races (and these guys will more than likely not have any textures to them  :P ). And you\'ll just be able to walk around around. This is not a Beta, i wouldnt even call it an alpha... thats all to come in the future. Ive missed teh last 2 Staff meetings, due to a ban on phone use at my house (im breaking that ban right now  :D ) so im not to clued up as to where we are right now... ive been burying my nose in 3D models the last week or 2 when ever i can.

As for the name issue... remeber this game will be strictly controled roleplaying...

names like...

Wolfman (could be a surname so might be acceptable)
Socca playa
Medicinal Remedy
Rabidhacker
killerdworf
bogin808~~
and any all out far removed from the game theme word plays

will be out of the question.

how any one can seriousely play an RPG calling them selves Socca Playa is beyond me. Ultima Online and Everquest was bad enough in teh names department... even with EQ having a name filter!. Nothing deters players from roleplaying than bad names, cant set a RPGing mood when some one named Socca Playa walks past...

So please try to think of names suited to and fit the type of character youd want to play and the theme of the Planeshift universe.

Other wise we will be forced to change them for you ingame. (**remembers to forward that idea to Talad next time he sees him**)

Cheers
« Last Edit: January 29, 2002, 05:55:04 am by Bigfoot »