Author Topic: Help with Books  (Read 1022 times)

Raxuss

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Help with Books
« on: October 13, 2013, 01:56:40 pm »
Hello all. I'm making a topic today to ask where I can get copies of the job books I was given. I only just moments ago realized that I need them on my mind slot for my character be able to successfully do anything. I took it as a metaphor before and sold the dang things.

Feeling quite stupid, I looked through the forum history for any similar screw-ups and saw that I could repeat quests for the books. However, I tried that and it won't let me repeat the Herbalism one nor could I even find the Smithing one to discard in my quest history. And that advice was back in November of 2012, anyway.

Could ya' help a newb fix a dumb mistake?

Venalan

• Global Moderator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: Help with Books
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2013, 02:07:45 pm »
You have to file a petition in game and ask the GMs to give you a new one. It's the only way as you get each one in one quest can can't buy them.

Raxuss

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2013, 05:04:06 pm »
I see.

Thank you for the response. I'll be getting on that, then.

Rucan

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2013, 05:17:08 pm »
It may be possible to buy them from another player that doesn't use it.

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2013, 05:23:36 pm »
If they only require a quest or two to obtain, then you could also redo the quests with an alt, drop the book somewhere, log in with your main and pick the book up. If there are no GMs on when you are on, then that might be a faster route.

Sarva

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2013, 05:37:47 pm »
From your list of quests it looks like you should have only had one skill book. The book for herbalism. Since you hadn't even finished that quest I discarded the herbalism quest for you so you could start it again. The only two smithing type quests I saw listed for you was the intro to crafting and Harnquist needs raw materials and neither of those quests award a skill book for smithing.

Raxuss

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2013, 05:52:05 pm »
I had thought I also got a 'Working with Stocks' book from Harnquist or someone at some point. But I don't remember because I just sold them as soon as I got them.

Thank you for re-doing the Herbalism one, Sarva. If you can't find any other books I may've gotten, than I didn't get them yet. That means I can still get them. Which is awesome.

Thank you all for your assistance. I'm never selling another book ever again. :D

tman

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2013, 12:07:20 pm »
Can we make skill books unsellable?  Quest items are.  I don't see why skill books can't be treated the same way.
You can't teach a pig to sing.  It'll never work, and you'll annoy the pig.

Rucan

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2013, 06:26:01 am »
The thing to do is to put it in storage if you don't need it for awhile. It would help a lot if new players were informed that the storage is free and access is available in all cities and the bronze doors.

Irelander

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2013, 12:36:52 am »
Thanks for this topic.  Answered a question I would have otherwise asked.